Pokemon + Card game = ???
View Single Post
January 17th, 2012 (5:37 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by toad02.
Introducing myself: I'm toad02 and this is my first post here. I like
to make simple games on my own during my free time and I'm planning to
make my first "serious" attempt and I would like to share my ideas
with you, since you are exactly the people that I want to
play this game, and know what do you guys think of it.
Being the most straight and clear possible, the game would have lots
of similarities with the basic pokemon fórmula but the combat will be
a little bit based on card game mechanics. You are one guy traveling, you have a rival and
you capture monsters and put them to fight each other, but the
monsters need cards "attached" to it in order to attack.
Combat and other mechanics
- You can carry up to 5 monsters
- In order to monsters use the abilities, you need to attach cards to
- Each card has a power level (1 to 5 stars) and some requeriments to
be attached, for example lvl 10 fire monster.
- Every monster has attributes like attack, special attack, etc., but
they also have the hability level, which determines the ammount of
cards that can be attached to them. For example, a monster wich
hability level 10 can have 10 cards of 1 star or 2 of 5 stars.
- Monters are divided into wild and domestic. The domestic ones need
to be bought, won or traded with NPCs. The wild ones need to be
"domesticated", what is kind of "catch".
- Cards can be obtained from wild monsters, bought, won or just found
around the map.
- Some monsters have fixed cards on it, but most of the cards can be exanged from one monster to another.
- The game's world it's just like ours excepts that humans live along
with some monsters in kind of a mutual help relationship.
- In this world, few among thousands are selected to be part of a team
called Elite Trainers, which is a team of that defends people using
their monsters. Be a Elite is a dream of kids in all the world.
- You are a kid who just get accepted in the first part of the exam,
along with your best friend and a scumbag that happens to be your
rival. Now the three of you will choose a monster and start traveling
and adventuring for a year, after that, you will be back to be tested
and approved or not as a Elite Trainer.
I intend to launch a PC and mobile versions. Probably iPhone and iOS.
Implement online play its listed on top of the priorities list. I am
targetting people who likes pokemon games, trading card games, jrpg,
indie games and, maybe most of all, people who desire a more complex
game to play on its smartphones. I believe a lot of people who likes
this kind of game don't walk around with their nintendo DS, but they
do with their iPhones or whatever phone they have, and would like to
play a game like this.
I am planning to start the development around march and launch a first
basic prototype around august.
If you guys like the idea I could keep updating this tread during the
And I'm sorry about my english. I'm from a non-english speaking country.
EDIT: I made some questions to help you guys give me some feedback about the ideas.
Feedback - What would I want to know from you
1) Would you want to play this game?
2) Where would you want to play this game? PC, Smartphone or both?
3) How much the graphics would be important to you? How much better a 3D game would be than a 2D?
4) Would you hange something in this game?
Thanks in advance guys!
Joined Jan 2012
View Public Profile
Send a private message to toad02
Find all posts by toad02
Find threads started by toad02
Ignore Posts by toad02