Thread: Research: Script Raws Compilation
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2012 (4:25 PM).
Banned

This project is for collecting and compiling all of the raws used in standard scripts, movement sequences, and possibly text sequences (if applicable) for Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Emerald. All of the raws will be compiled into a standards-compliant XML sheet which could be used for implementation into ROM editing tools later on, and if not it can just be read as text in Notepad++ or whatever for reference. The scripting part of the XML contains the command's hex value, what it does, and a byte syntax formula; the movement-bytes section of the reference sheet contains the command's hex value and how it acts when executed; the text-sequence portion of the sheet hasn't been implemented yet (debatable).

I've found a lot of the values for R/S myself, but there is still a big amount of them I haven't discovered:
    Identified script command bytes: 53 out of [assumedly] 255 (~21% complete)
    Identified movement-sequence command bytes: 131 out of [assumedly] 255 (~51% complete)

I have the so-far-incomplete XML sheet for Ruby and Sapphire in the code below.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    (There is a copy of this code in an attachment below)

The XML schema for all sheets of this project is already set up and saved to my domain for ease of access. Thus, the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute inside elements generally shouldn't be modified.

If you spot an error, don't hesitate to point it out. If you've found any raws that aren't in the document yet, please share them with the project.
    Attached Files
    File Type: xml hexref.xml‎ (13.0 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)