• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Post Comments

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't know if you intended to do this or just screwed up in formatting, but you can now see who posted your comments.

Just so you know.

edit: oh and btw I'm not for or against post comments.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hopefully this isn't taken away if it was a formatting error, it was certainly good going through the post comments and seeing who left them, lol. But really, when you have the like system and you can see who liked your post, there's no point taking away the option of seeing who left you a post comment because... you know what I'm trying to say here??? We've already taken the step towards visibility???

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm pretty sure that we've had this for some time now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh...never knew. I don't use my Control Panel...ever...XD

I see comments that aren't in the actual threads....owo How?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It's been a while, but wasn't it said that post comments were going to remain private because of VM's?

If we are going to be able to know who sent the post comment, then we might as well just remove it all together since its just going to function like a stripped down version of the VM and PM systems. Given the amount of server problems we have, it's pointless to waste resources on a stripped down varient of a current system.

marcc5m

what
Years
I love this because now I can see who all the idiots who would rather be rude anonymously over the internet are :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ugh, please either make this anonymous again or clear all post comments before mAking them visible. I see literally no outcome from this other than drama.

Alternatively remove them totally. They seem pointless alongside VMs and Likes if they're public.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
If Post Comments are that bad now, just give the option to have the user delete any Post Comment they may get if not report them should they get out of hand.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Ah, well I'm glad this happened. It eased my mind about something. lol

Doesn't really matter to me if they're visible or not anymore.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I love this because now I can see who all the idiots who would rather be rude anonymously over the internet are :)

I second this SO much. The only reason someone would want them to remain anonymous is because they're probably the type of person who leaves rude comments thinking their opinion matters on any scale.

Let us know people for who they are, having looked at the comments I've received, I can fairly say that two people I thought were respectable turned out to be otherwise.

I wouldn't worry about drama though, I now know these people but it's not like I'm gonna confront them and be all like: "ey guy y u say dis crap to me asdfjklol;,?/".

>_>

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
They are pointless and we did remove them, until a bunch of people complained. :P

The prime reason they complained was because they wanted a anonymous way to comment on a person's post, which is what the post comments let them do.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I used to use post comments to give anonymous feedback about the first posts in clubs or competitions and such, just as a general how it's going/what could improve/what's awesome kind of thing, but I guess it's not the end of the world if they're no longer anonymous. It does seem like there's not much point keeping them though if they aren't anonymous as like many people have said before, it's effectively just a stripped down version of VMs/PMs. I personally haven't experienced all this "rude comments" side of post comments so I don't know exactly how bad that problem is when they are set to anonymous, but it seems to have worked well so far so I'd be in favour of either making them anonymous again or removing them all together.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I think we have a right to know who made comments on our posts, either remove the feature entirely or keep it so everyone can see the comments, it shouldn't be a staff only thing, we should all be able to see. People are much less likely to make snide remarks about posts when they know people can see them, so I don't see much of a negative to this.

Sure it might "cause drama" but if what someone thinks of your post on a Pokémon Forum is so important to you then really. Perhaps they are "pointless" but they're still a used feature, so I'm against taking them away, but we definitely should take it away if you're not going to let us see who is making the comments on the things we post, because that's not fair at all. Another alternative would be to make everyone unable to see who made a comment, either everyone should have it or no one should have it, in my opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The prime reason they complained was because they wanted a anonymous way to comment on a person's post, which is what the post comments let them do.

You know what happens when you assume.

I'm not a "everything has to be 100% fair because sunshine and rainbows" type of person but I do think they should stay visible, at least the ones after now visible because the ones given before were given under the assumption of anonymity.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
We already have something in place for a person to comment about another persons post, and for the person to know who the comment was from. It's the PM system.

I'd support this if all the previous post comments were to be deleted just to keep them anonomous. (Hell, they should have already been deleted since a lot of them were left-overs from the rep system.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There are different connotations to post comments vs. VMs vs. PMs. One could argue that in that case VMs are pointless and shouldn't exist because PMs exist.

Reactions: Her
Back