• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga/Comics Random Chit-Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
So the HG/SS manga has finally begun to be released in manga form online. I'm looking forward to see how the former 'bad' gym leaders react to the uprising of the new Team Rocket. Am I the only one that the same event with Celebii in the games is used in the manga, probably toward the end?

Considering how Koga is the only that actually shows up, it won't be much.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I'm currently reading the GSC part. I so much love the trio of the three characters. They are so much different from each other, this is what make their trio that awesome.
I'm at the gym leader's tournament part. What an exciting moment. I hope Johto's gonna win, but I guess something gonna happen and we won't have a winner, haha, that would be obvious.
I can't wait to be at RSE part. Well, I have to say that I know the plot, I've read it when I was too lazy to actually read the manga, but, anyway, I want to see all of that, even if I already know what's gonna happen.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Oh I cannot wait for the rest of the HGSS Pokemon Special! English version of the 42nd volume of the Pokémon Adventures should be up soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I read the beginning of the HGSS manga online but then it seemed to stop.

Also, I read what I believe was the end of the Platinum arc, but... there seemed to be a volume or so missing O.o

Spoiler:

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I read the beginning of the HGSS manga online but then it seemed to stop.
The last volume of HGSS was set to be released in Japan on October 26, 2012. So i guess it is currently being translated to English.
This will show the ending of HGSS saga.

Also, I read what I believe was the end of the Platinum arc, but... there seemed to be a volume or so missing O.o

No, the Platinum arc has properly finished. I've read it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hm. Did you read it on a site? I read the ending but some chapters in the middle were missing and that's strange since there wasn't a missing number to them. But maybe I just went to a bad site :p

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
The last volume of HGSS was set to be released in Japan on October 26, 2012. So i guess it is currently being translated to English.
This will show the ending of HGSS saga.

It came out. And it didn't.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
What a thriller! I just finished reading the first two chapters of Pokémon Adventures volume 42

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Wow lots of pokemon manga fans here :-)

I'm reading volume 27 and I'm totally love it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Let's start some form of casual discussion to try and help this eerie deadness.

What is your favorite arc of the PokéSpe manga?

Mine's probably the whole Johto saga. Although some of the Yellow and some of the R/S sagas was also incredibly memorable. But the Johto trio is my favorite ^^

EDIT: pokéspe/manga fans, where have you gone? Netto? Shawn? Has the interest for the manga simply gone away? ;;

ArcticArcanine

A Critical Hit!
Years
What is your favorite arc of the PokéSpe manga?

I personally think R/S is my favorite. I think Ruby is a BEAST.

Still think R/S/E needs remakes, then they could have another arc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, they did get Emerald. But it took place on that single island and was pretty different. Never liked that arc very much, apart from when everyone met up of course.

If R/S/E ever get game remakes, I'm sure they will make a new arc ^^ They have done that so far for FR/LG and HG/SS. I hope Ruby and Sapphire (and maybe Emerald?) will be older then and that we'll get to see them together with Dia, Pearl and Platina or something. That would be pretty cool.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I wanna start reading a pokemon manga. I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations?

ArcticArcanine

A Critical Hit!
Years
Hello Roy! If you want to read a Pokemon manga, The one I would recommend is Pokemon Adventures, or PokeSpe. If you need a site to read it, I know of one.

go to kissmanga.com and just search Pokemon and it should be there,

you can read Black and White, but I'd suggest the original first.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I wanna start reading a pokemon manga. I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations?

Hello Roy! If you want to read a Pokemon manga, The one I would recommend is Pokemon Adventures, or PokeSpe. If you need a site to read it, I know of one.

go to kissmanga.com and just search Pokemon and it should be there,

you can read Black and White, but I'd suggest the original first.

Yes, definitely start with Pokémon Adventures :) It is called Pokémon Special in Japanese, but they are the same manga. They are based on the games. Start with volume 1, which follows Red, Green and Blue on their Kanto journey. It's very special and in some ways more believable than the anime, imo.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Woooooo! Pure awesomeness! Just finished reading Volume 42 - HGSS Series!

Pokemon_Special_v42_c456_176.neuquant.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Woooooo! Pure awesomeness! Just finished reading Volume 42 - HGSS Series!

Pokemon_Special_v42_c456_176.neuquant.png

Waaah, that pic! I never got that far in HG/SS because I couldn't find the volumes anywhere online ;; Because... there are no proper volumes out, are there? Only chapters in magazines. I should make an effort to find them.

Was the storyline much different from the HG/SS games? Considering how different the storyline in G/S/C arc was from the G/S/C games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't quite finished it as there aren't all the chapters on any site i've used, but I could link you if you want.
Yes, it's incredibly different to the storyline of HgSs. Although it has elements based on the games (other than the main characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back