View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012 (5:24 AM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by Satycorn89.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    You could use Mamoswine to set up Stealth Rock, or have a strong attacker on the physical end alongside Abomasnow. But to be aware, Snow Cloak is now banned alongside Hail:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Endeavor
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Thick Fat

or
    -Earthquake
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard
    -Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band

or
    -Earthquake
    -Icicle Spear/Icicle Crash
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

As tempting as Curse is, Walrein can't use it too well because its bad defensive typing lets it down. It's a freakin' stall machine in Hail, courtesy of Ice Body and the right moves. It should always be used with Abomasnow:
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Roar/Toxic
    -Blizzard/Surf
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 232 HP/108 Def/148 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Ice Body

Edit: here's a more offensive, yet still supportive, take on Espeon. Even with its decent Special Defense, Espeon still has a hard time taking special hits thanks to its low HP:
    -Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    I see, thanks. Those Mamoswine movesets are really good. I'm using White, so I can't get Endeavor at the moment, what is I switch it with Icicle Crash in the first moveset?

Also, snap, my Spheal Has Thick Fat ... I have already spent days getting it with the right IVs, I just can't switch to another Spheal now... Do i toss it now that it doesn't have Ice Body, or am I still able to use it well? What would you suggest?
    And last, about Espeon, I have IV breed it for days to, until I got the Eevee I wanted, but it's Hidden Power is Grass :/... Can I replace Hidden Power Fighting with the move Psychic?
    -Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Baton Pass

Edit: Also I have a soon to be Froslass with Snow Cloak, what would be wise to use it with? The battles will be double ones, and I will be playing with Friends through infrared, not over Wi-Fi. Also I'm not making a mono-type team, I will be making about 2-3 mixed teams, but I can use two pokemon of the same type, as you suggested using Walrein with Abomasnow.
    Thank you very much!

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289