: FireRed hack:
View Single Post
January 1st, 2013 (1:43 AM).
Originally Posted by
The rest I didn't draw by hand. Most of them were made like this:
1. go to Google Images and type in "seamless _____ background" (such as seamless fire background)
2. Using Gimp, edit the background to my liking
3. Resize it to 128x128
4. Index it to 16 colors with Irfanview
5. Since the Ghost-type background that's already in-game uses a 128x128 background, I don't have to make a custom tilemap, I just have the custom backgrounds use the tilemap of the Ghost background.
6. Insert the indexed backgrounds into free space with unLZ
7. Using a hex editor, manually edit the background table (that I repointed and extended) and type in the correct pointers by hand. (this was really annoying and took forever, but it was so worth it)
8. Within the attack animations, have the background command use one of the new entries
Lol that's really good to know because I was like dang he must be a really talented artist. Curious is the raging water BG public since you did post your tilemap on a different thread to try as an example.
Joined Aug 2012
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamengine
Find all posts by dreamengine
Find threads started by dreamengine
Ignore Posts by dreamengine