Thread: [Resource] ROM Hacking Resources
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013 (10:14 PM). Edited January 23rd, 2013 by Darkroman.

Nature: Adamant

Hello everyone. I've been working on a soundfont lately (you can kind of use it as a guideline if you want to replace the NDS pokemon music, or for your own mixing needs and what not). Anyway, it's the same instruments from Black and White 2. The spoilers will give you more info about it.

Download Link

Hear it in action!

Spoiler:

Readme file

Spoiler:
    An all-in-one soundfont file with all the included instruments thus far. They adhere to the standard MIDI instrument patch numbers, including the drums. Available in both DLS and SF2 format. Also included are the individual instrument soundfonts.

Best results with this soundfont can be used with the BASSMIDI driver. Load the soundfont into the program, and hit apply. If you have any editing
    programs open while you do this, you must close them and re-open. Make sure your MIDI editor is also mapped to the BASSMIDI driver.

There are still many instruments that are missing. If you'd like to help (and I'll accept it willingly!) email me at [email protected], or message me on youtube (username: Roman8707) and make a list of songs (only the Black, White and their sequels' exclusive songs) and instruments you hear in them. More specifically, I'd prefer the instruments that are missing from this current soundfont.

This spoiler is a list of instruments included.

Spoiler:
    000: Grand Piano
    004: Rhodes Piano
    005: Chorused Piano
    009: Glockenspiel
    010: Music Box
    011: Vibraphone
    012: Marimba
    014: Tubular Bells
    016: Hammond Organ
    018: Rock Organ
    021: Accordion
    025: Steel Guitar
    029: Overdriven Guitar
    030: Distortion Guitar
    032: Acoustic Bass
    033: Fingered Bass
    034: Picked Bass
    035: Fretless Bass
    038: Synth Bass 1
    039: Synth Bass 2
    040: Violin
    042: Cello
    045: Pizzicato Strings
    046: Harp
    047: Timpani
    048: Strings
    052: Choir Aahs
    055: Orchestra Hit
    056: Trumpet
    057: Trombone
    058: Tuba
    060: French Horn
    061: Brass Section
    068: Oboe
    071: Clarinet
    073: Flute
    078: Whistle
    080: Square Lead
    081: Saw Wave Lead
    114: Steel Drums
    119: Reverse Cymbal
    Standard Percussion Kit (not complete)

I was pointed to this thread to post about my soundfont. Also, if you'd like to help to complete this soundfont, all that you need to do is give me a few songs that include the instruments which are missing from the soundfont. You can contact me via PM, or read the "readme" spoiler.