• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Nintendo World? I would definitely go, I'm pretty sure I'm bound to bump into like 2 or 3 people from PC :3

While I was there I actually knew more about Pokemon than the guy that worked there. He was asking me questions, haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I remember Nintendo World when it was still a Pokemon Center back in 2001. Man I spent so many hours there battling with random kids on Pokemon Crystal, and then later Ruby.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I wouldn't battle random strangers, considering I have yet to get around to training my team. x; EVs, IVs, natures, types augh.

I eventually would like to get to a Nintendo store, though. Eventually.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Store
The mothership of Nintendo in NYC. Used to be a Pokemon Center.
I wouldn't battle random strangers, considering I have yet to get around to training my team. x; EVs, IVs, natures, types augh.

I eventually would like to get to a Nintendo store, though. Eventually.
When you're 9, and you're battling other 9 year olds, you're hardly thinking of that, but of the fact that you have a shiny Lugia, so your team must be invincible.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm torn between battling strangers and friends honestly, I'll most likely get demolished by the strangers online seeing how I train all my dudes in game the old fashioned way but when I battle with my friends it's a cakewalk beating them, my clan buddies drew the line though after I 6-0'ed them with my FEAR Aron known as Fluffles lol.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've always wanted to to the Nintendo World Store but my parents would never drive to NYC just for that. We only go to places that far if we got close family members.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have a family member that lives in Brooklyn so I'm there a lot!

Hey Dipu if I get an internship in NYC we can meet up okay? :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think the coolest part of the nintendo store in NYC was that bombed original gameboy. The rest is just.. like an expanded Toys R Us.. I thought it would be a bit more of a museum than it was.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I might be headed up to NY this summer to work for Warby Parker. A PC party would be awesome!

Kurono

Remember?
Years
At this point PC's pretty much obligated to host a gathering or two.

... I do believe its ten year anniversary is this year, after all. What do you guys think, hmm?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
At this point PC's pretty much obligated to host a gathering or two.

... I do believe its ten year anniversary is this year, after all. What do you guys think, hmm?

We celebrated the 10 years last year actually. I tried hosting an IRL get together but the mods told me it wasn't allowed because of liabilities and safety stuff. I did arrange it during an event in London which would have lots of security/police around, but could understand why PC still said no.. but it's ok! I still met up with 3 other PC users who were friends anyways. Had a great time :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hey Dipu if I get an internship in NYC we can meet up okay? :)

Oh god, consider it done! I'm actually getting ridiculously hyped, it's not even funny LOL

I'm feeling a NYC PC party like soon!

Wait, Live, you don't like in NYC, do you?

Oh, and as for the Nintendo World talk, I actually went to the grand opening of it when it was The Pokemon Center back in '01. Bought a keychain that had Pikachu and Pichu on it and said grand opening. I still have it on my keys :')

Kurono

Remember?
Years
We celebrated the 10 years last year actually. I tried hosting an IRL get together but the mods told me it wasn't allowed because of liabilities and safety stuff. I did arrange it during an event in London which would have lots of security/police around, but could understand why PC still said no.. but it's ok! I still met up with 3 other PC users who were friends anyways. Had a great time :3

what really
i thought pc was formed in 2003

nonetheless there's no reason we can't have a similar gig here. just takes some careful planning.
I can see why the staff would want nothing to do with it though.

btw I'm glad it went well for you guys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There are two members of PC that I will go and meet someday. Because they live like... five-ten minutes away from me and there is no excuse not to meet them at Walmart or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back