• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on my offensive andstorm team.

Years
Keep in mind this is my first competitjve team, so go easy on me. Thanks

1. Tyranitar. Adamant. EV's = 252atk 252spd 4HP
Sand Stream
Crunch
Superpower
Stone Edge
Earthquake
~Expert Belt

2. Flygon. Adamant. EV's = 252atk 252spd 4HP
Levitate
Fly (idk why)
U-Turn
Earthquake
Outrage
~ Choice Scarf

3. Lucario. Adamant. EV's = 252atk 252def 4HP
Inner Focus
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Ice Punch
Swords Dance
~Life Orb

4. Rotom-W. Timid. EV's = 252sp.atk 252spd 4HP
Levitate
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
~Choice Specs

5. Mamoswine. Adamant. EV's = 252spd 252atk 4HP
Snow Cloak
Superpower
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Ice Fang
~Leftovers

6.Metagross. Adamant. EV's = 252atk 252HP 4Def
Clear Body
Stealth Rock
Hammer Arm
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
~Quick Claw

So yeah. Thats my team. Tell me any thoughts or whatever. Thancks. c:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Normally, I'd make Tyranitar a setter-upper of Stealth Rock, but since Metagross is already carrying it, a Choice set might be better:
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe (Adamant) or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (Jolly)
Item: Choice Band (Adamant)/Choice Scarf (Jolly)
Ability: Sand Stream

While Flygon is a good scout/revenge killer with U-turn + Choice Scarf, it doesn't have much power. IMO, Scizor is a better alternative:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Running Thunder on a sand team is a big no-no, since its accuracy will be cut to 50% in sandstorm. Rotom-W lacks reliable recovery outside of Rest and Pain Split, so the latter attack is preferred over Thunder. And it seems you're using a defense-oriented set, so the preferred nature and EV spread are Calm with 248 HP/28 SAtk/232 SDef, and the item should be Leftovers. And as an alternative, if you want to keep your current spread, Thunder Wave isn't the best option in a Choice set, since you'll be locked into the move after use unless you switch out. Replace it with Trick so that Rotom-W can cripple walls and physical attackers with its Choice item. Also, replace Thunder with Thunderbolt or Hidden Power (Ice).

Since this is a competitive team, Icicle Crash is still preferred over Ice Fang on Mamoswine; you can breed female Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine with a male Beartic with the move. Thick Fat is also Mamo's preferred ability to give it a neutrality to Fire and a resistance to Ice. I'd put Terrakion in its place since it benefits from the 1.5x Special Defense boost in Sandstorm:
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish/Substitute
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon/Salac Berry

Metagross should use Pursuit over Zen Headbutt, as Pursuit has more utility in catching fleeing opponents, especially Ghosts/Psychics. The EV spread should be 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SDef to help it take special hits more easily.

Back