• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, in all fairness, the Sentinels can't be completely clueless every time the Gold Tribe attacks. In real life war, a small group such as the Gold Tribe's chance against an empire of Ancients and Silver Tribe is infinitesimally small. But hey, it's Pokemon.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Xilfer123- True, but the Gold Tribe never took on the Silver Tribe all on their own. Every battle was fought with the backing of the Alpha Alliance army, without which the Gold Tribe would never have been able to liberate the cities they have. Think of the Gold Tribe more or less like the vanguard of the army, the leading part. Even now, the Gold Tribe are in Cape City primarily to find the Gold Crystal and locate Defender, not take on the force there. They went without the Alpha Alliance because, obviously, traveling in a small group brings less attention than traveling with a large army.

And the Sentinels aren't clueless. This time around they know the possibility of underground assault, but the flaws of which are explained in my latest post. In Eternity was the only time that underground was used for the AA army to pass through as well, and the Poseida Cavern was a new design unknown to the Silver Tribe. Albia's sewers were only used by the GT to bring down the Hyper Beam Cannons, but really no AA army used them in the attack. All that said, they'll be ready in case they try something underground this time, to the best of their abilities.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Is it just me or has PC been having problems today? :\

It has been taking forever to load any of the pages and to post anything. Plus I've had to click on links more than once to get them to work. I know it's not my internet because I can go to other sites with no issues. Was just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@KP- Yea, I've been having that issue as well, but I assumed it was my computer. Probably something wrong with PC then.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
@Vegeta: Yeah. Speaking of which, exactly how much of the Alpha Alliance army is left? That also impacts how much chance there would be of success. If they were beaten in the first place, back when they were still in power, then it's still unlikely that they'd be able to beat the evil empire.

However, it obviously still depends on whether or not the Gold Tribe succeeds in their endeavor to free Auron of his curse. Or perhaps they will discover exactly where the ancients come from and cut off the endless 'supply' of prehistoric meanies. Who knows? Well, Vegeta knows, but that's beside the point. I enjoy making educated guesses.
But I'm just saiyan. :P

@Delphini: Actually, it got back up only a minute or two after it went down. I waited for a little bit and it was almost instantly working again. Didn't have to wait the entire night. LOL

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Xilfer123- Quite a large portion of the army is still around. The reason the Silver Tribe was able to successfully conquer the Alpha Alliance before was that they struck hard, fast, and everywhere almost at once. They came without warning, so the AA was vastly unprepared, and cut off large portions of Valkaria from each other. Cape City and its surrounding villages was the first area conquered, and that effectively cut off Eternity City, Albia, Shine City, and Gravel City from Gold City. Next they conquered each city to the left of Cape, before going for Gold in the end. The Alpha Alliance tried to gather troops together, but the Silver Tribe had done too good of a job separating each of the main cities from each other, and thus weren't able to mount any counterattack in time before Gold City fell and the Silver Tribe proclaimed their conquest of Valkaria. It made matters worse that two of the three Generals of the Alpha Alliance had been captured at this point, crippling their leadership. So the armies had to go into hiding wherever they could, setting up refugee camps and secret bases and trying to gather enough strength for a counterattack.

So that was the main reason that the Silver Tribe beat the Alpha Alliance before. Not as much by numbers as by pre-emptive striking and the opportune moment. Sure, they outnumbered them then, but not by a whole lot. Now, they still technically outnumber them, but Auron hasn't exactly been sending his entire force to protect each of the other cities, giving the Alpha Alliance opportune chances to strike back and reclaim them, as they have done.

But yes, ultimately you're right. The Alpha Alliance army doesn't have the numbers to beat the Silver Tribe force conventionally if the two clashed in full force.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
The next week and a half will be pretty busy for me, so my chances to post will be limited. Still, I'm waiting for a few more to post for the Gold Tribe.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Kehehe, finally I get to show off how cruel Snype is. Writing out that last post gave me the chills :p He might give Frost some competition :p

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hmmmmm. It seems I have missed a great deal. Hopefully my brief inability to sit down and post hasn't slowed things down. Though, from the sounds of it, you're also waiting on other people. Gonna look it over now and try to post.

I just recently managed to get a hold of a temporary replacement computer since my last one broke, so I've been playing catch up all over the forums the last few days. Pardon my absence plz.

Years
Hmmmmm. It seems I have missed a great deal. Hopefully my brief inability to sit down and post hasn't slowed things down. Though, from the sounds of it, you're also waiting on other people. Gonna look it over now and try to post.

I just recently managed to get a hold of a temporary replacement computer since my last one broke, so I've been playing catch up all over the forums the last few days. Pardon my absence plz.

No problem :) Welcome back! :3

Sorry your computer broke. :( But glad you're back now :)

It seems like life has caught up with a lot of people. The past few days have been really quiet. At least in the parts of PC where I normally hang out in.

Sorry everyone for my attack mistake on my RP post. I just now caught what I did :P that's what I get for posting late at night. LOL Anyway I fixed it. :)

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
@Megaman: True, Snype is very cruel, but I still think Frost is worse. She just didn't survive long enough into the RP to show off her true cruelty. LOL. Then again, Snype hasn't had much chance to prove himself as a villain yet either, so we'll see. Either way, I think we've found Frost's replacement.

@Necrum: Iz okay, we all have a life.

@Kawaii: Well, for people who go to high school, the second semester recently started so we still gotta get used to our classes and stuff. At least, that's my case. So yes, life has caught up with us. About time too, I was getting bored.

Years
@Kawaii: Well, for people who go to high school, the second semester recently started so we still gotta get used to our classes and stuff. At least, that's my case. So yes, life has caught up with us. About time too, I was getting bored.

Ah I was wondering when things were going to start up again. :) I'm between colleges at the moment so I haven't really been paying attention to the exact timing of the semesters/quarters. I don't start again until this fall. :D

Nomsammich

The Cleric!
Years
Astrid
The Floral Cleric

Side:
Gold Tribe, please.
Name: Astrid Helixpetal
Title: The Cleric, Lady Flora
Pokemon Species: Lilligant

Appearance: Astrid is a taller than average Lilligant standing at nearly four feet tall. Her flower is cherry red instead of orange and she her walk in more a skip when joyfully. Her eyes are bright red gumdrops instead of the orange color orginally. Astrid is always wearing her Gold Emblem (or any tribe) concealed under a red scarf. She's a girly-girl so she learns to accessorize with almost anything she finds pretty; so she'll always have on many fashions of bracelets and necklaces. Always keeping a satchel with many varia items in it she turns out to pretty usefull with all the things she finds.

Personality: Astrid is a timid pokemon when first meeting others though she becomes more outspoken when in the company of trusted fellows. She'll even take on a lead position if asked to lead with fellow friends. Once angered she'll grumble about but will never raise her voice unless provoked. She's a mediator at heart; trying to keep tension at all time low when in a party. She loves the outdoors and sunlight and will seem more cheery and airy when present in said setting.

When in battle she is the last to throw a punch; meaning she'll wait until she thinks there will be no reprecations to her attacks before finishing an opponent off. This makes her the worst possible dueler since she doesn't like to strike first. She also doesn't like to kill things she's more a healer, that is mostly her roles in battle because of her nuturing nature.

She is a hoarder, or she thinks she is. Her home is filled with things she thought where: 'cool, pretty, cute, wonderful and marvelous'. Because her attitude towards everything is positive she thinks everything has a home in her home or satchel. Leading to some pretty awkward conversations when she brings others to her home and want to show them every, single, item.

History: Astrid was born during the last years of the peace of the Alpha Allianceto a Lillgant mother and Abomasnow father. Her father was a respected member among their hometown: Cape City thus leading to Astrid immidietly being exposed to city life. Her father had always attended dinners for business for their wealthy family. When Astrid turned six years old she had seen her first Rescue Team Party and she knew that she wanted to do that living. When she spoke her idea to her family her father was extremely furious with her because he had planned on her being the heiress of the family. Her mother however, who had been a Rescue Team Member, approved the idea and trained her in combative supportive roles once her father had finally cooled down.

Once Astrid was sixteen she joined her first Rescue Team named Team Flora and Fauna. The team was composed of a number of Normal, Grass and Ground type Pokemon with the leader being a Ferret. That Ferret's name was Echo. Echo and Astrid quickly became friends and were friends for many years thereafter. She got most of her combat experience from the group thus leading her to evolve in to a Lilligant rather early.

Turning twenty-two she was witnessing the Rescue Team she had join began to crumble, once it the team disbanded because of internal issues Echo and she responded to a advertisement for Gold Tribe and became members within the next year. When twenty-three Astrid and Echo began their training and became full-fledge members after two years. Sadly, even with their memebership it was obvious where Alpha Alliance was headed. When Cape City, where Astrid and Echo were stationed, was attacked Echo was killed and Astrid fled into hiding. Now, once getting word that the Gold Tribe was reviving she travelled back to her hometown of Cape City, two years after the first attack by Silver Tribe, to traverse the tunnels in search of more Gold Tribe members whom had she followed to the city.

Moveset: Hyper Beam, Double-Slap, Petal Dance, Grass Whistle, Sunny Day and Energy Ball.
Other: Can I get a quick run down on current events. I have an idea of what is going on but some clarification would be nice. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Years
@Nomsammich ~ Welcome. :) Supervegeta (SV for short) is the GM of this RP so he will have to approve your SU. I know he is pretty busy this week so it might be a couple of days before he gets to it. I think we might have all the Gold Tribe spots filled already, it is up to SV, or he might ask you to make a Silver Tribe character. :)

Back