• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You Ready For A Handshake With Death?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Simple question.
If you died right now, would you be able to rest peacefully, or would you forever bear the regret of not having done something? If so, what?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
No, cos I still have many things that I want to do that I haven't done yet.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would be at peace with myself as a person i think, but i'd be sad i couldnt do many things i still wanted to to, like travelling all over the world, bungee-jumping and skydiving...

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
No. I still want to accomplish something. I'm not sure what, but I want to do something to get remembered before I die.

Years
I'd regret not really amounting to much in life, and dying before my parents and other siblings. But I wouldn't say I'd feel it forever. :/ I think for the most part, I'd rest peacefully. At least my life isn't really awful.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm not ready to die. I have so much artistic-wise I want to accomplish.. but not just that- I want to actually spend a lifetime with my partner. I just have so much to experience, and so much time I want to spend with those I love too.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Nah! I'd have an afterlife to live. There would be no time to dwell on what I did or didn't do in a life that I no longer live in.

Honestly speaking, probably the one thing I would regret the most would be not being able to say goodbye to the people I care about the most / haven't seen in a long time or saying hello to those I never got the chance to meet face-to-face.

I guess I could always visit them as a ghost though...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Nope, I've got too much that needs to be settled before I can rest peacefully. Give me a day to do what I need to do and I'll be good, though. But after I do it I'll NEED to die.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think I could. There's so much I havent done in my life and there are people I would leave behind. I think it would be very unsettling to die suddenly.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I would regret so much. I would regret everything, all the time I've wasted and all the things I haven't done. I'm not even nearly done living, so whoever is holding the piano over my head can bugger off!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm anticipating my retirement, so I'd be annoyed if I died before getting to enjoy that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I can't really think of anything I'd regret too terribly much right now. I mean, I guess it would suck not to live out the rest of my life but there's nothing that I absolutely must do before I go. I guess it's pretty sad that most of the things that do come to mind are related to books or movies or TV shows that haven't come out or ended yet that I'd like to see the ending to. :P

At this point, I'd mostly just regret dying before my parents because no parents should have to deal with something like that. :/

Sirfetch’d

There are so many more things I want and need to do before I die there is no way I could rest peacefully.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No, I wouldn't be ready cause I don't think I'm ready to go yet. My life still feels incomplete. The thing I regret the most is how much I screwed my life over in high school. It's a long story and I won't go onto details now, but it's affected me even today so it's definitely open of my biggest regrets. There's alot of other things I regret and hate myself for , so I wouldn't be able to die feeling accomplished or even with a clean slate at the moment.

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
just to put my opinion out there, there is no such thing as "death" unless you believe there is a such thing. in my beliefs, i'm going to go live again with my lord jesus. but i will not preach.

but to answer your question, i could not ever leave this earth yet. i have a 10 month old son who i need to protect and show him the way of life. there is no way i could leave yet. he's going to need me more then i ever needed my parents, and i'm going to be here backing him up to the fullest.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I want to stay alive for as long as possible, If I passed away I'd be really saddened, so much cool Pokemon stuff coming up (new episodes in the anime, new games coming out), and there are other events I want to experience (Gold Cup in Seattle, I want to see the World Cup in Qatar 2022), I want to travel across the USA and Canada, by car. I have so much to live fore at the moment, hope Grim Reaper doesn't pay a visit any time soon.

Back