• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Ever Imported Video Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
fire_emblem_gaiden_cart_jp.jpg

So, for those video games that have never gone outside Japan, or anywhere else from their region overseas, were there any video games that you've bought online or anywhere else to import them to your country?

What were those video games, and how much did they cost? What did you think of those video games? You can share any other thoughts you have here!

TY

I actually never imported games, though i had the thought of doing so waaaaay back when i was young, though idr the game anymore, but we ended up not doing it as the costs would end up way too high :(

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Rhythm Tengoku (Japan)
Ouendan (Japan)
Ouendan 2 (Japan)
Warioware Twisted (USA)

I'm from Europe.

No regrets whatsoever, all absolutely fantastic games.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I have imported a copy of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd from Japan, but apart from that I haven't bothered. What's annoying is how the 3DS, which has a lot of good JPN-exclusive titles, has region locking.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (Japan)
Trails in the Sky SC (Japan)
Trails in the Sky the 3rd (Japan)
Zero no Kiseki (Japan)
Ao no Kiseki (Japan)
Sen no Kiseki (Japan)
Tales of Xillia (Japan)
Tales of Xillia 2 (Japan)
Tales of Vesperia PS3 (Japan)

I import, a lot. Maybe too much, but I don't regret any of the games I imported.

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I believe my dad tried importing me one of the earlier Pokemon games from Japan so I could have it before my friends :D. Too bad it never came. :(. Other than that, no, I have never attempted to import any games as I would much rather wait for the English version and play with my friends at similar times.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yep, I import games quite a bit. Just bought a Japanese 3DS solely for one game (SRW UX) Maybe not the brightest idea, but I'm too big of a fan the series to pass up. I have a few imported PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP, and DS titles as well.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Mostly the DJ max games I import, also Pokemon. I don't do a great deal of importation but have looked into it recently for Vita as I miss out on so many games due to no releases :(

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
If the 3DS wasn't region locked, I would import a lot of games. But since it is, I can't import the ones I want.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Nope, I never import games from Japan or the USA. If it's never released in Australia then so be it, go sulk in your room.

Like Hikari, I buy my games locally. *thumbs up*

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I bought one of the Naruto games from Japan a long time ago from my friend and he never got it. :/ I don't remember the title.

Anyways, another that I bought is Jump Ultimate Stars about right after it came out. I heard that the game was like Smash Bros. so of course I had to try it out. The game cost about $60 if I remember correctly, but it was worth it! One of my favorite games on the DS!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I never have... yet.

(Obviously I'm talking about Japanese imports =D)

I actually wanted to import Hatsune Miku Project Diva but it gets Western release...
Now I have my eyes on Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika Battle Pentagram if it does not get Western release. 'cause I played the PSP game and Madoka is awesome.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Nope, I've never imported. Unless getting them sent from 2 hours away counts {XD}

I have all PAL consoles and quite frankly I don't really see the enjoyment in getting a game from say.. Japan when I won't even understand the story. And because I don't really keep up with the new releases much I don't really think that I'm missing out on anything! :)

Years
My parents got me Naruto: Ninja Council 3 for the DS in Japanese in 2007. Also, during a class trip to Japan two summers ago, I picked up a few Japanese games. But I've never ordered a game from another country myself.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I don't speak Japanese, so a lot of games I wouldn't be able to play if I imported them so...

I've imported a couple of the Gundam games for psp though. Thankfully, those are simple enough to play without being able to read Japanese.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Jam with the Band and Pokémon Green/Blue are the only EU/JP exclusives I've bought, and for really low prices too.

I think JwtB was like ~$13 on eBay and Green was about $11. I don't really remember how much Blue was though, but I got Green cartridge-only while I got Blue complete with the box, the manual, the Kanto world map and all that :p
I need to find a place where I can put up that map at some point.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I remember importing Pearl way back in November 2006 so I could get my hands on it early. I would had done the same with Brawl (I was so antsy) if the Wii didn't have region lock.

Back