• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite weapons

TY

Forgot about the Recurve Bow in Far Cry 3, this was a one-hit kill weapon on non-armored enemies and silent, perfect for stealth, but you also could equip it with explosive and fire arrows, making it less stealthy, but even more awesome and deadly. Forget guns, when you have a bow like this one ;D

Sir Codin

Shotguns in any game that has them. Such a versatile weapon.

Master Sword

Rail Gun from Quake 2 also takes the cake.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my favorites would have to be red shell from Mario Kart. It strikes whoever's in the front at hundred-percent accuracy; it never misses. Once your opponent's hit by it, they get stalled for a while, allowing you to pass right through them. Another of my favorites is the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Bows and arrows ftw. Guns are too cliché and although swords have their merits on the 'coolness' side of things, you can't beat the elegance and precision of a sharp-shooting marksman. Usually bows and arrows end up being pretty out-shadowed in the games that do include them, shifting the focus (quite logically) to stronger artillery like guns and rockets, but I've always found myself prioritising them when I get the chance. Daggers are also cool, but again they're rather cliché!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
The ACR in any of the Call of Duty series was always my favorite gun to use.
I also like most snipers in any games, as I've always been fond of it.
And, The Blue Shell is always a great weapon to use in Mario Kart >:)

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The UMP 45 and ACR for MW3 were my favorite. I would normally alternate between using a sub-machine class and an assault class depending on the game mode and what team I was on. In MW2 when snipers were all the rage, the Intervention was the best. My brother and I would have quick scope battles all day.

The Gravity Hammer in Halo is my favorite alongside the needler and the sword thing in Halo 3 was my favorite. Didn't really play Halo 4 enough to have a favorite gun. Oh, and o course the chainsaw in the Gears o War games.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
earthshaker_missile_small.png

Earthshaker Missile from Descent 2.

Beside the huge power of the missile itself, when it explodes, it splits itself into five smaller nukes which have similar destructive power to the first one. Lives up to its name by causing a large tremor in the level with its explosions.

The closest thing to a nuclear bomb I've ever seen in a game.

Years
Any of the keyblades from Kingdom Hearts and a special mention to Squall's gunblade in FFVIII. I would have said the Buster Sword that Zack/Cloud possess, but that thing is too chunky.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Hands down. Dildo bat from Saints Row 3 XD
Seconded.

But for a more serious response, I would guess Dante's Rebellion. The DMC one, not the DmC one. Nothing is more satisfying then slashing through enemies with a large skull sword.

Years
A few come to mind

Ebony and Ivory in any of the Devil May Cry games, (I guess they were best in DMC III). It's a really addictive weapon as far as how fun it is to pull of combo's with/chain managment

Any of Ivy's Chainswords: They are just a pretty beast weapon! I'd really like to see more games give a shot at a weapon like this.

Soul Edge: I like the idea of an ooey gooey evil weapon that assumes the form of what you need it to be.

Shotguns in most games: Satisfying up close and personal.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Do the Metal Blades from Mega man 2 count? If so, then they are literally the best weapons ever made. Not only are they more versatile than every other weapon in MM2, being able to aim in 8 directions and having way too much ammo, but they also have an advantage against three of the boss', including Metal Man (the guy who you got the weapon from) himself.

Another one of my favourites is the Rift Ripper from Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. It's a gun that creates mini black holes that shoot lightning and can combine with other mini black holes to create a bigger black hole.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
If it was a firearm it would always be a Shotgun, hands down.
Any other melee weapons would be Ebony and Ivory from DMC because they look amazing and have very cool fighting styles.
If it was a long range non-firearm weapon, it would be a bow and arrow, it is really cool.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I tend to like swords better than anything, and in this case the Masamune takes the cake. I'm not going to pin it to one game since it's in so many, but in most cases, it is a very awesome weapon. e.g. Chrono Trigger, it splits a mountain in half. Yyeeeeeep.

If you were to go for a gun though... Uh... Dang, I don't play many FPS games. Maybe I'll just go for the Phazon Beam weapon from Metroid Prime. Best thing I can think of, and Phazon itself is pretty awesome, so getting to use it in a gun? Yes please.

Years
From the little amount of shooter games that I've played, I've found myself really attached to weapons like landmines and sticky bombs. I love being able to place them strategically to take out opponents that way, since I seem to be fairly lousy with any other form of combat.

Outside of shooters, I love any of the Star Wars games, since light sabers are quite versatile. I also love that many of them can be heavily customized, both in color and for your style of play (defensive vs. attacker).

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I like using Bow & Arrows in games or Crossbows since I like to go Old School. As for close ranges a dual-handed sword would be nice since I use 2 Daedric Swords in Skyrim. xD

On FPS games I like using Shotguns and Snipers. I'm not really into assault rifles and smg's I like to boot them out.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Maybe I'll just go for the Phazon Beam weapon from Metroid Prime. Best thing I can think of, and Phazon itself is pretty awesome, so getting to use it in a gun? Yes please.

That reminds me...I love the Super Missile from Prime 1 and 2 (why did they have to replace it with the Hyper Missile in Prime 3?). That was my go-to weapon for lots of enemies. Space Pirate? Super Missile it. Bloggs? Eat a Super Missile. Quadruped things in Sanctuary Fortress? Super Missile! Bosses? Super Missile that ****!

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Let's see, from the Halo series there's the Battle Rifle, the human Sniper Rifle, the SMG, the original Halo: CE pistol and the shotgun. And I'm not even done. There's also a bunch of guns from Mass Effect I love, like the Tempest SMG, the Vindicator Battle Rifle, the Black Widow Sniper Rifle, the Viper Sniper Rifle, the N7 Eagle Pistol, and every last variation of the Omnitool heavy melee. From the Splinter Cell series, I use the Five-Seven Pistol and SC2000 Assault Rifle very often, but nothing beats using the knife in that game. And that's everything off the top of my head. I may come and post again with more of my favorite tools of destruction.

Back