• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Everything is looking great. Going to be waiting for next beta before trying it out though. I was never big fan of the orange islands but seems lot of people are obsessed with it. I really enjoyed Mint Fantasy. Gen 2 is the best. Also I voted for your for hack of the year.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Everything is looking great. Going to be waiting for next beta before trying it out though. I was never big fan of the orange islands but seems lot of people are obsessed with it. I really enjoyed Mint Fantasy. Gen 2 is the best. Also I voted for your for hack of the year.

The next beta will most likely be the last as Pia stated that it will be the full game. Hopefully in the coming days, he'll finish up and this awesome hack will be indeed the best of the best.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Pokémon Orange Beta (HotY Nominee Edition)

SLVwfAW.png
This is not the final release of Beta 2. That will go up to either Ascorbia Island, Butwal or even farther. This is being released in celebration of Pokemon Orange being nominated for PokeCommunity's Hack of the Year Award. It ends at the third gym, but there's a little extra for all the fans!

Some new features include 60 FPS, Running Shoes, Move Tutors (Only 1 at the moment), PSS Split, BW Scaling Exp, Auto Repel, XY Catch Exp, XY Exp Share, Magikarp Jump and Lycanroc formes, Rock Climb and Dive! Please report any bugs! As usual patch over a Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe) ROM.

Huge thanks to Rangi, luckytyphlosion, Mmmmm, JaceDeane/SirWhibbles and BloodlessNS for making this release possible! You all are amazing! Thanks to everyone who voted for Orange in the Nomination and Elimination round! Shoutout to the guys on /heg/ that have been following Orange.

Discord link: LINK
Full Scale World Map Here: LINK

Some things to note:
-Route 61 doesn't have a Dive map yet
-No cave entrances that require rock smash or rock climb can be entered. They're not done.
-This hack is difficult at parts! Balancing is still under way, so you might need to grind.
-There is nothing north of Unnamed Island 1, that's coming in Beta 2!
-Fishing Contest is not open. It's not finished!
-60 FPS has caused a few graphical bugs, like a janked walking animation and wall bumping. Running is fine, though! Working on fixes.
-Press B to Run!​

Comprehensive Bug List:
Bugs:
-Pokemon personality bugs (genders changing, shinies losing shininess)
-Sweet Kiss can cause Poison
-Alolan Raichu still uses old backsprite

u09y5oX.png

You can download it here: Normal or PSS

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I've added a small fix to the beta patch that adds repels to marts and also fixes a small tile error on route 62. Shouldnt break saves!

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Is it compatible with the previous beta? My save file doesn't work. If not, looks like I'll have to start over.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Is it compatible with the previous beta? My save file doesn't work. If not, looks like I'll have to start over.

It's basically a new engine now so no it won't work. Save states aren't compatible between versions for reasons explained earlier in this thread.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
The game has improved a lot from beta 1, congrats.

A couple of small bugs i've found:
-female salandit turns male after being caught
-1st gym leader talks about Bubble Beam as TM32 but actually gives it as TM31

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Here's my report: Meowth's graphics are garbled on the Pokedex screen, Alolan Raichu doesn't have a backsprite, as well as dex rating menus still reference Prof. Oak though I think it should be Ivy instead.

Also, how do you get a Lycanroc Dusk Form? I just got a Midnight Form but I want to get the other two eventually. After I get to the end of this playthrough, will it be possible to keep my save for the final update or not?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Here's my report: Meowth's graphics are garbled on the Pokedex screen, Alolan Raichu doesn't have a backsprite, as well as dex rating menus still reference Prof. Oak though I think it should be Ivy instead.

Also, how do you get a Lycanroc Dusk Form? I just got a Midnight Form but I want to get the other two eventually. After I get to the end of this playthrough, will it be possible to keep my save for the final update or not?

Dex issue has been fixed, thanks. Forgot to give Alolan Raichu a unique back, my bad there, and good idea for that last one.

Lycanroc Dusk can be obtained by evolving between 5pm and 6pm. I've explained multiple times that for various reasons it is impossible to keep saves intact for as long as I add new events and maps. With that said I don't think I'll be releasing again for a while, this release was special for the HotY competition going on right now :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
Confirming that an issue with Pokémon undergoing random sex changes exists. So far, I've had two Spearow and one Alolan Geodude turn from male into female after catching them. (Edit: It appears to happen at random. Reloading a save state and attempting another capture allowed one of the Spearow to remain male.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thank you, yes Alolan Raichu learns it but I need to edit learnset so it learns at various levels, currently only learns level 1. Or add learn on evolution.
I say add learn on evolution. Much better than cramping Raichu's movepool with duplicates of the same move.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I noticed also that Venusaur's back sprite is kinda glitched with it being cut off on both sides in battle.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Updated the download post with more bug fixes, and some small map edits. Enjoy! (The cut tree on Route 49 doesn't unveil anything yet, there will be a move tutor there soon!)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
First post of 2018! I've been working on making the current areas more fun. Beta 2 will feature a lot of extra hidden items and move tutors in areas like Route 49 and 56.

Lucky Egg is obtainable in Murcott Island as well.

Back