Seen September 27th, 2018
Posted September 13th, 2018
75 posts
4.4 Years
SUON'S HEARTGOLD ZODIAC CHALLENGE

============================================================================

Update #6:
Spoiler:

I won't go through all the details like with the last updates; we all know how the storyline goes...

Anyway, I managed to beat all the Gymleaders in Kanto (Blue was quite a challenge) and challenged the E4 again. I knew they would be harder now, but could not remember their teams and levels. I failed the first few times, but after grinding my while team to level 65 and getting some new moves, I managed to beat Lance.

So, final challenge is Red. And this turns out to be the biggest indeed. Again, I have to grind, because I fail miserably thrice (bloody Lapras). But, when everybody is trained to level 70+, I challenged Red for the last time.

- Pikachu is easy, one earthquake from NICOLE is enough.
- Lapras faints after being poisoned by NICOLE and electrocuted by CHLOE.
- Venusaur and ANN dance around for a bit, throwing Sleep Powders, Dragon Dances, Sludge Bombs and Full Restores around, but then ANN wins with Wing Attack.
- Snorlax is always a drag. ANN does quite some damage, but then faints to Blizzard. OLIVIA sets up Reflect, but then faints to Blizzsrd. LARA sets up a Stealth Rock against Snorlax and then faints to Blizzard. NICOLE's Superpower hits, but she then faints to Blizzard. MICKEY manages to Sword Dance/Return and wins.
- Blastoise gets hurt a bit by Stealth Rock and ko's MICKEY. CLOE survives a Focus Blast and gets to hit Discharge twice in a row due to paralysis and ko's Blastoise.
- Charizard is at 1/2 HP when he enters due to Stealth Rock. I heal CHLOE, he uses Air Slash. We are now both down to our last Pokemon, with ~1/2HP left. He is faster and uses Flare Blitz, leaving me with 15 hitpoints, hurting himself as well. CHLOE finishes it with Surf.

I finished the game at 63h33m.

The winning team:

LARA, Careful (f) @Level 70.
Rock Head. Everstone.
- Stone Edge
- Rock Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

OLIVIA, Adamant (f) @Level 70.
Insomnia. Shell Bell.
- Fly
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Reflect

ANN, Sassy (f) @Level 70.
Inner Focus. Charcoal.
- Dragon Claw
- Wing Atrack
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

NICOLE, Brave (f) @Level 70.
Rivalry. Poison Barb
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Super Power
- Rock Climb

CHLOE, Gentle (f) @Level 71.
Illuminate. Everstone.
- Discharge
- Surf
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam

MICKEY, Relaxed (m) @Level 72.
Guts. Amulet Coin.
- Strength
- Crunch
- Return
- Sword Dance
“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
“Why, what did she tell you?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”