• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Well it's a new game, so that means a new region! :D

Pokemon Black & White will be taking place in what is known as the Isshu Region. According to CoroCoro, it is very far from other regions like Kanto or Sinnoh, requiring a long plane or boat ride. It also implies that it is a more technologically advanced region. From pictures so far, it seems more modernized, although there are still the rural areas and towns. There isn't much information on Isshu yet, but there are a few pictures that showcase the region in different areas.

So what do you think the Isshu Region is going to provide us with? What would you life to see?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The only opinion I have on it is what appears to be the starting town. I'm rather disappointed because I thought that the starting town would in fact be Hiun City, but I think that's just because of the fact that that was the first and only official city that has any information on it. Along with that, I found it interesting how it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere (apart from that bridge). So I was hoping that you would start there and it'll be in the middle of the region and you could have taken a boat to the next town and really start your journey. But meh... that obviously isn't going to happen. :<

I'm hoping that the name plays something in that town, though. Huin accordingly means bad luck and misfortune, so I really hope that they actually put something that has to do with bad luck in the plot that occurs in Huin City.

I do expect this region to bring great things, like always. Just hopefully less than 20+ legendaries. u__u

Years
I...really don't know, to be honest. I'm going to take a stance here and say it's going to offer something extraordinary unlike any other region before it. With what we've seen so far, I'm actually having my hopes up for the region, and hopefully it'll bring out some lasting gameplay too.
There's definitely something special about Hiun City. I just can't see why they'd showcase it so much if it wasn't truly important. I also think it's very possible that this region is based on the New York area.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
The region looks amazing to me personally. I mean Hiun itself can pratically carry the game itself. But the screenshot I'm most interested in is the one with Protagonist staring up at the bridge. You can clearly see that the city is connected to another city by the bridge. Isshu's got flavour and I love it.

Years
I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
It will probably bring a lot of surprises with it. I mean with the new graphics and all cities will be larger and feel more vibrant, physical features will look more real, etc. I am hoping to see the climate zones that Sinnoh and Hoenn had but larger, new ways of transportation around the region, etc.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.

Yeah, ever since they released that screenshot of the cave I've been excited to see what it's all about. It looks really awesome.

Years
With the picture showing those boats and the possibility that it's based on New York City (it does resemble the place, though it also looks a bit like San Francisco to me) I'm thinking there might be some new way of traveling around the region besides cycling, flying and surfing. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Big cities have subways and cities by water have ferries.

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I really like the idea of having a modern, urban setting. I would much prefer that to another load of farms and villages. And I also agree that it would be better to have Hiun City as the starting place.

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
As a fellow Australian, I say that would just creep me the hell out.

But be awesome at the same time.

Hmm, theres an idea..

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!
Due to the fact that Isshu is probably based off an area outside of Japan, I'm expecting the name to have a substantial difference in its English localisation, unlike the previous regions which are based off of Japanese areas and thus would have no need to be changed.

Still, you don't see Japanese people call America a proper Japanese name now do you? So I have my doubts too.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
If what folks are saying is true and Isshu will have many different cultures represented by it, then were bound to have a Parisian city then. The Japanese love Paris.

I'd love to see and airport in the pokemo world, or even just an airship port. An oil rig is something they might do as well.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I'd like to get the picture of the region, not the awesome city. D8

Frankly, I hope it drops the muddy vibe of the fourth generation and plugs in some more water like Hoenn. With a beautiful city and harbor thus far, I'm satisfied... at the moment.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
yeah, i want to see the region map before i jump to any final conclusions.... BUT Huin city looks pretty amazing

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I would like to see a rainbow weather effect :D

Also I would like the return of the day/night music differences. I really liked that in DPPt

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Yeah, it's kind of hard to base assumptions on Isshu just around an image of one city XD;

But another thing I just thought about is what kind of biomes would you like to in the region? Like deserts, mountains, forests, etc.
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever. It's also be cool if there were some tropical areas of some sort, with forests and beaches to go along with it. I just hope for some more exciting areas instead of just the same old trees and grass everywhere.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!

Back