• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Kinda noticed a problem. Well, to me it's a problem. No matter how many times I reset, Pikachu refuses to be female. This annoys me immensly, due to my policy of only using female Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Why? You couldn't catch Primeape? And really? I didn't found Mankeys on route 4 :S neither on viridian city O_O.

Yea I could have but I saw that primeapes are found on route 22,23 going towards the indigo plateau , so I would have had to walk way too far.

I have fallen to another problem, the video phone in route 4 (when you come out of the rock tunnel) didnt ring, it's to the Episode "The Misty Mermaid" what do I have to do? Skip it? Will it affect anything if I do skip?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have fallen to another problem, the video phone in route 4 (when you come out of the rock tunnel) didnt ring, it's to the Episode "The Misty Mermaid" what do I have to do? Skip it? Will it affect anything if I do skip?
Yeah just skip it as it is the only event in Ash grey's latest beta which does not triggers. Happened with me too so don't worry.

Kinda noticed a problem. Well, to me it's a problem. No matter how many times I reset, Pikachu refuses to be female. This annoys me immensly, due to my policy of only using female Pokemon.
I say Meta has intentionally kept the gender of Pikachu a male because in the anime Ash also has a male Pikachu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why? You couldn't catch Primeape? And really? I didn't found Mankeys on route 4 :S neither on viridian city O_O.
You are just unlucky.

Oh...kay... as alienhunter said, it's probably because Pikachu is made male.
If you care about this, then you will probably not be able to play this hack.

I don't know if this is the correct section but . . Can someone tell me (even via PM) how i can put all these sprites in the rom instead the original ones without screwing up? Thanks
Tile Molester or NSE (probably).

It's one of the buggy events that did not activate for many people, just skip it.

@alienhunter: You should really stop double posting, man...

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
i seem to be having a difficult time with this but it is my first Pokemon hack i have installed the .ips file but is there a patch or something because vba isn't accepting the file type if there is a video link or something to a tutorial of how to do this i would gladly appreciate it :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
i seem to be having a difficult time with this but it is my first Pokemon hack i have installed the .ips file but is there a patch or something because vba isn't accepting the file type if there is a video link or something to a tutorial of how to do this i would gladly appreciate it :D

Hope this helps:
1. Download a clean FireRed ROM from the internet. Use Google.
2. Now, open Lunar IPS (LIPS).Use Google again .
3. Click the "Apply IPS Patch" button.
4. Select the patch(downloadable from first post). Click "Open" afterwards.
5. Select the FireRed ROM. Click "Open" afterwards.
6. Done. Play the game~

Years
You are just unlucky.

Oh...kay... as alienhunter said, it's probably because Pikachu is made male.
If you care about this, then you will probably not be able to play this hack.

Tile Molester or NSE (probably).

It's one of the buggy events that did not activate for many people, just skip it.

@alienhunter: You should really stop double posting, man...
I don't know how to multi quote that is why I double post only to help as many people as possible. I know the rules are against it but as it is automatically merged so I do that.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't know how to multi quote that is why I double post only to help as many people as possible. I know the rules are against it but as it is automatically merged so I do that.
It's not always automatically merged... sometimes you give Fuji or Gira unnecessary work ;)
As for the multiquote, you click on the Multiquote button on the southeast side of the post and once you have "Muliquote - on" there, the post will be quoted when you write "New Post".
Breaking the rules is never nice, that's why I advise you to learn multiquoting :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Wow, I finally finished reading all 179 pages. I started reading it once I noticed I missed a couple of events (I didn't have a metapod for Beedrill to steal...etc).

So many repeated posts!

Also, in term of the Metapod debate. I personally think he'll come back. At least reading past posts, he disappears frequently but then comes back after a long time and releases some stuff and then disappears again. Pretty reasonable.

He only has 4 episodes until the next one? I think he'll one day wake up and go "hmm maybe I should work on it a litte." Then finish the last 4 episodes and release the next beta. Then he'll leave again and perhaps quit (if he decides to code some sort of ending) or come back after another long hiatus and release 4.5/5.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
Great hack! Only a few issues (not critical bugs.) The first being I whooped Brok first roll through but I was forced to hear him say I lost.. It drives me insane.. Actually... That's my only issue ha, ha.

Years
Great hack! Only a few issues (not critical bugs.) The first being I whooped Brok first roll through but I was forced to hear him say I lost.. It drives me insane.. Actually... That's my only issue ha, ha.
That is in the anime ASH first lose his match against him and this hack is following exactly the same event

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
If you were concerned that you might have missed any events than you should have only scrolled the first page where Meta mentioned them all

I know. I read through the entire thing.
I came to this board because I was afraid I'd missed something. I didn't read the entire thing because I missed something.

Plus, it does say the episodes but it doesn't say what goes in each episode. I saw the samurai and fought him. But I didn't have a metapod in my party at that time so I missed that event. I didn't know how to activate it until I read within this board (I actually walked around battling with my metapod for a bit when my caterpie did evolve).

Back