• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'll try condensing my questions in one post:

1. In Emerald, can Steven Stone in Meteor Falls be re-battled at any point in time after defeating him for the first time?

2. Do the dark brown/gold rectangles on the wall in the back of the Lilycove Contest Hall have any significance or are they just there for show? I previously thought you could opt for your contest paintings to be hung there instead of in the Lilycove Art Museum...

3. Once you get all 5 contest paintings, is there a chance to get any more and replace the ones that are on display in the museum?

4. Do you get anything for beating 50 or 100 Trainers in Multi Battles in Emerald's Battle Tower, like ribbons or ornaments?

Any help with these questions is appreciated! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
... I'm just here to ask questions. Don't ignore the member above me!

1. Can you trade eggs on all games in this generation?
2. When breeding Pokemon in FireRed, does attaching an Everstone to the male Pokemon in a male/Ditto breeding, does that grant a 50% chance of the nature being inherited for the egg?
3. Is there any way I could catch a Mew in FireRed. I'm willing to buy an Action Replay to catch one in the wild. I don't mind that it may not be obedient until I get all the badges, but I want it under my ID number so then it's mine and I can name it (her).

Years
I'll try condensing my questions in one post:

1. In Emerald, can Steven Stone in Meteor Falls be re-battled at any point in time after defeating him for the first time?

2. Do the dark brown/gold rectangles on the wall in the back of the Lilycove Contest Hall have any significance or are they just there for show? I previously thought you could opt for your contest paintings to be hung there instead of in the Lilycove Art Museum...

3. Once you get all 5 contest paintings, is there a chance to get any more and replace the ones that are on display in the museum?

4. Do you get anything for beating 50 or 100 Trainers in Multi Battles in Emerald's Battle Tower, like ribbons or ornaments?

Any help with these questions is appreciated! :D
1. No
2. For show. No significance.
3. Yes. Just win another Master Rank with high results.
4. Don't think so, although I've never tested it.

... I'm just here to ask questions. Don't ignore the member above me!

1. Can you trade eggs on all games in this generation?
2. When breeding Pokemon in FireRed, does attaching an Everstone to the male Pokemon in a male/Ditto breeding, does that grant a 50% chance of the nature being inherited for the egg?
3. Is there any way I could catch a Mew in FireRed. I'm willing to buy an Action Replay to catch one in the wild. I don't mind that it may not be obedient until I get all the badges, but I want it under my ID number so then it's mine and I can name it (her).

1. Yes
2. No. Only Emerald and after.
3. No. Only with the Emerald Old Sea Map.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
HP; Viridian Forest (Caterpie), Route 5(?) (Jigglypuff)
Attack; Route 6(?) (Ekans), Rock Tunnel (Machop), Route 3 (Nidoran m), Mt. Ember (Machoke)
Defense; Viridian Forest (Kakuna/Metapod), Geodude (Mt. Moon/Rock Tunnel), Koffing (Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Isle)
Special Attack; Route 7(?) (Oddish/Abra), Berry Forst/Route 12 (Gloom)
Special Defense; Surf (Tentacool/Tentacruel)
Speed; Route 13, 14/Bond Bridge (Pidgeotto), Cerulean Cave/Victory Road (Golbat)

If there's a ? by the name of the place, it means I'm not sure. But I do know that Jigglypuff and Nido m are on the route that's right before Mt. Moon and Abra and Oddish are on the routes after you complete Nugget Bridge. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
can someone give me a list of pokemon unlocked after i get the National Dex in fire red?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
@Cloud:
You can do Contests in more than just Lilycove. Surskuit, Zangoose and Meditite aren't available in Emerald.

However, Emerald has both plots intertwined, with a brilliant ending involving Rayquaza. Also, the ONLY real Battle Frontier (not like 4th Gen rip-offs), is in Emerald.Also, you get stalked by a guy called Scott.And Steven is available post-E4 for a battle in Meteor Falls, as the 2nd strongest trainer EVER (he has a slightly higher level average than Cynthia in Platinum.

@Juupton: Fraid there isn't sorry.

Sigh...... Ok. Thank you though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Online now
Hey, uhh...i'm normally an answerer, but....i have a few questions:

1. Where can i find the following stones in LeafGreen?
Moon,Fire,Water (and i know fire and water are buyable, but i prefer freebies)
2.Where do i get Super Rod in LeafGreen?
3.Where do i get each HM in LeafGreen?(i'm clueless, honest)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
1. Moon: I only remember Mt Moon (hidden in one of the rocks) and using theif on wild Clefairy.
Water: Seafoam Islands.
Fire: I think that can only be buyable.

2. In a house on Route 12.

3. Cut: From the captain at the SS Anne.
Fly: House on Route 16.
Surf: Safari Zone.
Flash: From Oak's aide on Route 2 (requires at least 15 entries I think).
Strength: Fuschia City - bring teeth to safari zone wardan.
Rock Smash: Ember Spa on Island One.
Waterfall: Icefall Cave on Island Four.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Quick question: In Emerald, Is there any way to reset a Pokemon's Contest condition (the one viewable by PokeNav)? As an alternative, can you reset the condition in DPPt instead?

I've already fed my Rayquaza so many Pokeblocks that it "won't eat anymore". It's currently maxed out in Coolness and Beauty attributes.

I was trying to see if it could win all of the Contest Ribbons, but I came up with this goal many weeks after I fed it Pokeblocks. I don't know if trading to FR/LG and back to Emerald will do anything, but I doubt it...

Any help would be appreciated very much!

Years
^Use a Smeargle. Neutral in nature.
---
Have been trying to get a Surskit in Sapphire & Ruby. No luck.
Any funny requirements or do I have some thing to do the right way?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
Maybe not fully game related, but I have ordered pokemon Firered(gba) from the internet, it costs £10 ($16.27) and I was taking into consideration the purchase of Leaf Green aswell, do you think it is worth buying both games just to trade pokemon between them ?

Edit: IF I decide to buy both games what cable shall I use to transfer pokemon from game to game ? as I hear the Nintendo DS wireless system isn't the same as GBA's so you cant wireless trade?

Last edited:
Years
Quick question: In Emerald, Is there any way to reset a Pokemon's Contest condition (the one viewable by PokeNav)? As an alternative, can you reset the condition in DPPt instead?

I've already fed my Rayquaza so many Pokeblocks that it "won't eat anymore". It's currently maxed out in Coolness and Beauty attributes.

I was trying to see if it could win all of the Contest Ribbons, but I came up with this goal many weeks after I fed it Pokeblocks. I don't know if trading to FR/LG and back to Emerald will do anything, but I doubt it...

Any help would be appreciated very much!
I'm pretty sure that it can't be reset ever. You're stuck with it unfortunately.
^Use a Smeargle. Neutral in nature.
---
Have been trying to get a Surskit in Sapphire & Ruby. No luck.
Any funny requirements or do I have some thing to do the right way?
No requirements. Just get lucky or watch the game's TV often hoping for a swarm.
Maybe not fully game related, but I have ordered pokemon Firered(gba) from the internet, it costs £10 ($16.27) and I was taking into consideration the purchase of Leaf Green aswell, do you think it is worth buying both games just to trade pokemon between them ?

Edit: IF I decide to buy both games what cable shall I use to transfer pokemon from game to game ? as I hear the Nintendo DS wireless system isn't the same as GBA's so you cant wireless trade?

You need to have 2 GBAs and the GBA link cable. You heard correctly that the DS wireless system is different from the GBA Wireless adapter's.

If you feel that buying both won't be using up too much of your money, then go for it. b''b

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
I'm pretty sure that it can't be reset ever. You're stuck with it unfortunately.

No requirements. Just get lucky or watch the game's TV often hoping for a swarm.

You need to have 2 GBAs and the GBA link cable. You heard correctly that the DS wireless system is different from the GBA Wireless adapter's.

If you feel that buying both won't be using up too much of your money, then go for it. b''b

Hey thanks! I went and ordered both, I only have 2 Ds' rather than GBA's so is there any way I could link the Nintendo Ds' together and trade ?

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
My question is not about the game-play or whatsoever, but about this part of the forum.

Will the Hoenn Monotype Challenge thread be newly created or should I just write in the lost/dead topics? x_x

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
If it hasn't been posted in for a month/or the owner of the thread is inactive, then a new one should be created.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
Another question, Firered and Leaf Green related, is there maybe a breeding chart or something on the forum? just so I know what pokemon I can breed together ? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back