• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I know I don't post here much, but I just came to say I've done about 802 encounters on White so far, currently on Victory road, and 800 on Emerald just outside of Fallarbor, so hope to get a shiny spinda there....gulp.

Edit: I just found my shiny!!!! It's a shiny spinda, found it in Emerald in route 113! It's green! I'll post up the picture once I somehow transfer it from my phone here since I really don't have a camera or video....here! Well, I only have a cell phone that takes photos, and I have no cameras.....so...it's low quality and sorry, but yeah, I nicknamed it Enem...on my 813 encounter.
Was that for the Journey Contest?

Years
UPDATE
route 4:

Spoiler:

still no shinies... I'm still hopeful that I'll find one eventually though. :)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hey guys! I'm going away for about a week without Internet, but I'll see if I can keep on hunting. I've been dual hunting Palkia/Johto starters all week, but yesterday I decided to go after the easiest shiny to get: LG Game Corner Abra! You can get 83 per SR, "lol." I can get 4 Abra in the time it takes to get one Palkia, "lol," so hopefully I'll be able to get one soon.

747 Abra
4477 Palkia

I might have a try at the contest in Black; I'll probably do 100 encounters each.

shiny seviper
shiny spinda

shiny...Lillipup.

Congrats! Awesome shinies!

Hello everyone ^_^ Still no luck on Snivy, but I am dual SRing since I reached the point on Emerald where I can get Rayquaza, I am going to SR for him at the same time as Snivy!

I don't think you should SR in Emerald - the RNG is going to keep on giving you the same Pokemon!! Could you SR for Rayquaza in HG or SS instead?

Years
I've changed my mind as to where I want to do my shiny hunt.
I still want to do it on fire red, but I'm going to continue doing 300 encounters each in the sevii islands, so I'll get started now.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Was that for the Journey Contest?

Well, yeah. I joined in the Journey, Shiny Journey to be exact, but I guess I wasn't clear on it. I sent you a PM saying I was in. I was the one who asked questions bout it through PM and stuff. Hope you remember. :3 It's ok though....but yes, it was for the Shiny Journey contest.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I already made a second contest, I will post it when this contest finishes! >:3

Right now I just finished Route 4, I am only doing 100 because the Sandstorm is angering me lol. I'll make it up in other places. I'll do 100 extra on Route 5 (because I will also only do 100 in the Resort Desert.)

Hopefully I don't find a shiny Darumaka! But I would like this:

556.gif

Well, yeah. I joined in the Journey, Shiny Journey to be exact, but I guess I wasn't clear on it. I sent you a PM saying I was in. I was the one who asked questions bout it through PM and stuff. Hope you remember. :3 It's ok though....but yes, it was for the Shiny Journey contest.

I just wanted to double check.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time o.o

Anyways, just came to say that I've gotten only about 200 RE's done on Sapphire. 100 on Route 101, and another 100 on Route 102. I would've kept going if my Game Boy didn't start dying on me.

I really hope I don't get a shiny Poochyena, or I will forever raeg. I will be happy with Zigzagoon, Wurmple or Ralts, though :3

By the way, congrats on all the shinies everyone has caught (I may not be posting but I read every single post by the other members lol).

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Only 2 people have finished, actually. There is still one more spot open.

Ohhh...... I think someone will get it before I do >.> I've had more than enough shiny luck lately...

Progress: At route 31 atm.... that means I've encountered at least 4000 pokemon son far (Routes 28-26 will be fun :P)

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I might do the challenge, but I don't want to do it now.

I've only ever found one RE shiny ever.

Years
I've been doing this all day, and I've decided to save myself some time and just record my encounters, rather than record the pokemon I find, to get the job done faster.
doing this, 2587 encounters in (exc. the encounters in kanto) I encountered a shiny murkrow in the lost cave outside of five island! woo! :D
198.gif

PROOF:
Spoiler:

naughty nature... not brilliant for competitive battling, but ah well.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
New Contest

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Everyone give a big congrats to the three winners of the Journey contest, Nato4eyes, R.K 9, and Otherworld9)!

Nice one :D

How do you take pictures like that?

He's using VBA.

Last edited:
Years
I would like to participate.

My generation is gen 5 and my route is route 7. I will also be hunting in the grass and not in Twisted Mountain.

Hope I did this correctly....

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I would like to participate.

My generation is gen 5 and my route is route 7. I will also be hunting in the grass and not in Twisted Mountain.

Hope I did this correctly....

You did it just the way you were supposed to! :)

Ooh! Caught a Male Cute Charm Clefairy on the first try. Time to start hunting!

Last edited:
Years
Can I join? :3

These are the shinies I own:
Marill (Sapphire) - although I sold this game to a friend years ago; Marill's on Emerald now
Smeargle (Emerald)
Wingull (Emerald)
Bidoof (Pearl) - by chaining
Bibarel (Pearl) - on the same chain
As well as a few more that I got through trading.

These are the shinies I've had get away from me:
Scyther (Crystal)
Ditto (LeafGreen)
Rattata (LeafGreen)

I have bad luck with chaining; I get too stressed once the chain gets to 20 or 30 and start playing weird mind games with myself.

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
I restarted my White version a while ago, so I don't think I'm going to participate in a contest until I've progressed further in the game. I can't shiny hunt in White yet, seeing as I'm only at Castelia City ;_;'
So I guess I'm gonna take a small break to progress through the games before doing any contests or anything. Ehehe...sorry.

:)

Back