• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I doubt it; Pokemon is still a money machine. Wiki is not always reliable, I would take this as a rumour.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
If you have ever done a course paper the teacher would tell you Wikis are not credible sources. This rumor is just that a rumor. I have seen no where from Pokemon Co. that this was the last season or the last installments in the pokemon series. If they keep getting people watching and buying into the product they will keep producing it.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2011
I'm glad to hear it's only rumors at the moment. I wouldn't mind a shake-up of the series, but there are endless possibilities for where Pokemon can go in the future and I just can't see it ending anytime soon. :P
As for Wiki... erm... yeah, it doesn't seem to be on there anymore, the sentence I was talking about. Unless I was completely imagining it...

EDIT!: No! Wait, found the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum
Third paragraph of the "In the anime" section. The sentence is "Ash is currently on his thought to be last Pokémon journey."

However, as previously said by you guys, this is wiki we're talking about...

Last edited:
Years
People ask this every generation and it's never been true. Ash has been the protagonist for 13 or so years, I'm not sure if they'll ever replace him. It's just a rumor, if it wasn't the whole fanbase would be going crazy.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Oh but then that might mean a new hero is coming in for the next season, but I still think this is nothing more than a rumour.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Personally I think the whole franchise (games, anime, etc.) is going to last another 10-20 years (or maybe until they completely run out of ideas after making like 4000+ pokemon with all different type combinations). But personally the anime is done for me. I sometimes try watching the new episodes or ones from DPPt, but they only bring iota of interest or none at all... maybe I've just grown up and not find anything in kid's shows :( (unlike some that can still find interest in these things after they become college students/adults)

Years
Wikipedia are being stupid!

Pokemon is the second most successful game series, so I think there are no plans to end the franchise anytime soon.

If the Wikipedia page says "Ash may be on his last journey" I think this means they might try revamping the characters or something...

It's all just a RUMOUR!!!

Years
So, what exactly is Palkias power?

I watched Arceus and the Jewel of life and while Dialga was useful in that he could transport them through time, Palkia didn't do anything. I know he represents space, but what does that mean, exactly?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It can distort space as moves like Spacial Rend imply. Examples being it can create doors that take somebody to a place miles away or allow trees to fit into rooms. And on the statue in Eterna it says he can alternate realities.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
That's why I requested the places be messaged to me. ;)

I have searched numerous places, including torrent sites and streaming sites, mostly via web search. No luck so far.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
In respect to the forum rules, however, we generally feel that such things should not be messaged to people either. And really, if you haven't found them by now I don't think any of us will be able to. :/ No harm in asking, I know, but we've got about the same resources you do.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I do not believe anyone can provide a correct statement about this issue until it has been officially announced. However, we can make an educated guess. I do not believe they will end pokemon. They would not just throw away more years of money making like that. It's one of their greatest successes and the demand is still very high. If they can still make money, then if they have a right mind, they'd continue the show. Life is about money these days, it's pathetic but true. I sure hope this is not Ash's last. I've loved pokemon for practically my whole life and it was my first ever video game. I would be very, very sad if they just ended it. There is another rumor about making a live-action pokemon movie. This will most likely end up a disaster, so hopefully that isn't true as well.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
This is gonna sound crazy but.....Are Nurse Joys, Officers Jennys and Don Georges all part of one big family?

That's basically the theory, that they're a bunch of siblings and cousins running their respective careers. But in reality it's just a sheer easy way out from drawing different Nurses/Officers every time.

Years
Thinking about giving the show one more try

I kinda lost interest after the 3rd movie, and (sorry if this upsets anyone) it was mainly because Ash's voice annoyed me :P I haven't watched the show in a LOOOONNNGGG time
But I am thinking of giving it another shot.
What channels and times does it usually come on?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
In the US new episodes from Black & White air on Cartoon Network every saturday, at 9A/8C.

If you want to check out some old episodes then the Pokémon offical website is a great place to watch old episodes from the original series up to early sinnoh. Although they don't have every episode at the same time, they update with a few episodes each week, you can check it out here; http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/watch/

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Hey I found some youtube users thats accounts are listed as the account for the Official Pokemon Company. They have all the Pokemon Battle Frontier series and quite a few of the pokemon Black and White episodes on youtube.

Not quite sure how to tell if this really is free and legal or if someones just set themself up with that username and by watching it i'm breaking the law.

Hey I found some youtube users thats accounts are listed as the account for the Official Pokemon Company. They have all the Pokemon Battle Frontier series and quite a few of the pokemon Black and White episodes on youtube.

Not quite sure how to tell if this really is free and legal or if someones just set themself up with that username and by watching it i'm breaking the law.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
The only official Youtube account from The Pokémon Company International is named "pokemon" and partnered with "The World Championships" channel. So any other channel you've seen probably isn't official. The official website is the only place I know of that streams the episodes legally. Anyway, most users on youtube come up with the "Official" is to avoid copyright strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back