• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My favorite subject is obviously Maths.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
For those of you that are in high school, what are your favorite subjects? Those you like reading about? And what are the ones you hate with the blazing passion of a thousand suns?

Feel free to discuss about them here :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Well, I'm in college now, but I can still comment on what my favorite subject was.

I loved band. Basically, it was the reason why I didn't drop out (besides parents). I was in jazz band, wind ensemble, marching band, and pep band. All the trips we took together and going to various competitions were the best things ever. I miss those days and trips, but at least I have the memories...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Does Lunch count as a school subject? :3

In all seriousness, I really loved science back in high school. I took both regular biology and AP biology, because I was widely fascinated by it. Math sucks for me. I can't stand it. I'm so glad I don't have to take any math classes in college anymore.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Well I'm in sixth form right now, so I think that puts me in 11th grade at high school or something?

Anyway, my favourite subject is Graphic Design by far. I love messing around in Photoshop and Illustration and it's in fact encourage by my teachers. Besides that I actually do kinda like maths. I've always been kinda good at it, though I've recently started to suck sigh.

Years
Talking in the past tense, but my foreign language classes (french and latin for me) were my favorite courses in high school. Although, I also had a really awesome teacher for most of them, so perhaps that added to why I liked them. I dunno, I've always had a liking for being able to learn other languages, so I guess those classes really just clicked for me.

...The ones I hated actually were math classes. <_< Never has been my best subject, ever.

Years
I think my favorite subject in high school was Economics, which I only took for half a year during my senior year. :P It's pretty interesting when you approach it from a social science standpoint, since it's kind of stereotypically a business class.

It's really hard separating favorites from "good at's," you know? I think people expect that, if you're good at something, then you must enjoy it. I was always good at math, and while I enjoy the kind of work, it's not very interesting.

Years
I think I loved my science classes the most when I was in high school. The thing I had in common with all four years of being in a science class at my high school was that I developed a connection somewhat to all of my teachers. Even though I didn't do stellar in Biology and Chemistry (the latter because it was just very difficult), I still managed to enjoy the teachers. I did excel well in physics though, and Astronomy. All of my science classes were honors as well.

Also, I liked lunch class as well :)

Years
I liked math, foreign languages, and art. Music never appealed to me because of the rigid way it's taught; I quit band after 5th grade, although I was good at the saxophone. English and history seemed wishy-washy, boring, and arbitrary in their grading (especially the former), and while I like(d) reading about science, I hated the labs. Somehow I managed to get a 5 on the English Lit AP test; I'm so glad I don't have to take English in college.

Guest123_x1

When I was in high school, my favorite subject was social studies, particularly the areas of economics and government/civics. Ironic in a way, since it was my least favorite in elementary-math being my best subject at that time (that too reversed by high school.)

Honest

Hi!
Years
Math, because it was straightforward as hell. History wasn't so bad either, if I had either a fun teacher, or at least a teacher who taught something. It was essentially memorization of trivial facts, which is pretty simple if you're actually given them.

Years
I hate math, science started out fine but later became a pain, English is easy but I have to write essays, same goes for history. Not as big of a pain as my French courses, though; that was brutal. Ugh.. just dunno. I guess I'll say gym since exercising is fun and there isn't much to it other than moving around. I enjoyed it! -if that counts- xD;

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
I'd say Health and Human Development and Chemistry ware my favourite subjects. Primarily because they're directly related to the career I want to pursue in the future, that being a doctor.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
French and Maths were my favourite subjects in high school. I was great at everything I did (I was one of those kids) but those were the best to me. Maths just always made sense because numbers never lie, and I love learning other languages so i really enjoyed it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Food tech. It was largely practical and didn't involve verbose writing about something I can't set my mind on.

Last edited:
Back