• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I might need to PM you about this, I want a Machamp but I don't want to start my game over :O

Anyway, I'm working on Chuck at the moment, so expect a blogging later on.

Try opening 2 VBA link windows, and the reagular VBA. Open the VBA safe file on regular VBA. Then use the export snapshot thing (I think it was called snapshot...) save it somewhere. Close the regular VBA.

Open said game on both of your VBA Link windows. Go to file and Import the snapshot. Do so, and load the games that have now been saved. Make sure "Pause when inactive window" is unchecked on the emulator options. Load the games, and go to trade. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A POKECENTER. Entering a poke center will crash the game. After it's traded, save the game, and save the game file elsewhere. Open the regular VBA and load the game file.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Try opening 2 VBA link windows, and the reagular VBA. Open the VBA safe file on regular VBA. Then use the export snapshot thing (I think it was called snapshot...) save it somewhere. Close the regular VBA.

Open said game on both of your VBA Link windows. Go to file and Import the snapshot. Do so, and load the games that have now been saved. Make sure "Pause when inactive window" is unchecked on the emulator options. Load the games, and go to trade. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A POKECENTER. Entering a poke center will crash the game. After it's traded, save the game, and save the game file elsewhere. Open the regular VBA and load the game file.
Thank you a bunch Myzou! My Muscle is now even more musclier! I heard that VBA link can work with Wi-fi, or at least in the future..
Intriguing!
Anyway, thanks, I'll blog my battle with Chuck tomorrow.

Years
Re: Bug Ultimate Mono

I haven't really made this a priority.

I beat Erika.

Current play time = 8.13
Badges: 4
Version: Yellow

Party: 3

Venonat
Bug-Poison
< unevolved >
Level 25
74 / 40 / 37 / 32 / 29
~ Confusion ~ Disable ~ Tackle ~ Supersonic

Butterfree
Bug-Flying
Level 27
76 / 34 / 44 / 52 / 54
~ Confusion ~ Bide ~ Sleep Powder ~ Tackle

Parashoes, the Parasect
Bug-Grass
Level 27
74 / 62 / 58 / 28 / 56
~ Mega Drain ~ Stun Spore ~Leech Life ~ Cut
========
~ lost to a Hiker's Graveler in Rock Tunnel...
~ Coin count is currently 4880; 6500 needed for Pinsir/Scyther (each)
~ Safari Zone...

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years

I tried that a lot of times but I still cant trade (and I use the TradeLink emulator). I just dont know why.

Now, the battle against Pryce:

Wasn't hard, Glenn was the star again because of his newly-acquired-Earthquake. Roll also helped using Rock throw against Piloswine, and killed him. Glenn destroyed ol' Pryce's seal pokemon (Seel and Dewgong) with terrible ease. After receiving his badge, Elm called me because of a strange radio broadcast. Team Rocket hd taken over the Radio Tower.

Now, to save Goldenrod! (and evolve Rocky and Roll)

Last edited:
Years
Mind if I jump in and choose Poison-type Pokémon? Just started a file on Pokémon Red, am about to choose Bulbasaur.

EDIT: =< Never mind. Gave up. xD;

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Years
Ill make this short. I got through Victory Road and Im training in it.

Clair:
Kingdra was a bit hard, due to the fact That it is a Water Type and Ice Punch is not Super Effective. But 2 Earthquakes were enough to defeat it. The Dragonairs weren't hard as Ice punch 2HKOd htem easily. Then I had to look for a Dragon Fang in Dragon's Den because she didn't want to give me the badge, but I found it easily and she appaeared and (finally) admitted she lost and gave me the badge and TM Dragonbreath. Then I bailed from that cave and headed to New Bark to get the Master Ball and surf east to reach Kanto.

Team:

195.gif

Glenn - Lv 45
Surf
Amnesia
Earthquake
Ice Punch

220.gif

Porky - Lv 31
Tackle
Powder Snow
Endure
Take Down

075.gif

Roll - Lv 41
Rollout
Earthquake
Rock Throw
Defense Curl

034.gif

Grounder - Lv 31
Surf
Earthquake
Thrash
Double Kick

095.gif

Rocky - Lv 39
Rock Throw
Strength
Sandstorm
Screech

So Ill train till my party's around 45. Ill start blogging once Im the Champion.

Years
Weird Hunter
On my way out of town I saw Suicune. Sweet huh. Well as i got near it this dude name Eugene came in yelling about how it's his and fought with me. I beat him badly but by the time i was done Suicune was gone Eugene said he'll get it next time and ran off. Weird dude.
Steel fight
I flew back on Hoots to the light house and gave the meds up and the poor Pokémon stated to feel better then Jasmine left to get ready for our fight. Bring it. The fight was hard and long but Kite surfed Steelex one last time to clinch Victory for me. That win was the one that lead to my 6th badge.
My sights are now set upon the next town and my 7th badge.
My team
Kite-Mantine Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def.-102
Low=Attack-39
Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def.-77
Low=defence-50
Dude-Ledian Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def-89
Low-Attack-38
Batty-Golbat Lv. 32
High= speed-77
Low=defence-61

Ikwaylx

Years
How Much Wood Could a Woodchuck Chuck?

The port city of Olivine kind of reminds you of Sunyshore doesn't it? The lighthouse on the bottom right, the sea scape.. Why was Jasmine to visit? No one knows, but she gave us waterfall! Heck yeah!
Anyway, Surfing the long journey to Cianwood lead me to some tough trainers who I defeated in one hit. I'm not exaggerating, all of them went down in one hit..

Once I reached Cianwood, I realised a grave mistake.. This mistake was that I forgot to offer help to Jasmine in the lighthouse! It was no matter, it would just mean a return trip to the Cianwood later on. I entered the gym, where I sparred and wrestled with fellow fighting types. Drinks were shared and good times were had with the Blackbelts! However, I wasn't there to get drunk silly: I had to do business with Chuck, the fighting master!
If this game had an automatic Sleep Clause, the battle against him would've been easier.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wlEBYwvJqvw
Now in even better widescreen!

Taking Myzou's advice, I decided to set up a VBA link in order to trade with myself. With this, I obtained Musclechamp! The ultimate being!
I may do some more trading to get Poliwrath, but to be honest with you: I can't be bothered. Poliwrath isn't too strong, and I have a great variety of fighting types to help my cause.

Anyway, returning home to Olivine; traveling through the lighthouse. Things were - again, not very hard to overcome. I even got a rare candy which I won't use! Hooray!
Anyway, talked to Jasmine and then did a return trip to Cianwood, grabbing the secretpotion.
Finally, I surfed along back to Olivine and fixed up Amphy. Now she's a healthy soul and will stop the ferries from crashing into the rocks!

Current Team

gbs068.gif

Muscle
Level 36
HP: 125
Karate Chop
Foresight
Vital Throw
Dig
Highest Stat: Attack - 106
Lowest Stat: Speed - 55

gbs214.gif

Hercule
Level 36
HP: 115
Strength
Fury Cutter
Take Down
Endure
Highest Stat: Attack - 107
Lowest Stat: Spcl. Atk - 53

Very creative name for your Heracross Myzou! :P

Next blog will come when I sort out the problem with Team Rocket in Mahogany.

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Hi, I'll take bug if possible and I'll start in Blue. Is there a problem if I'm new, because this appealed to me.

Tony Montana

Years
Hey Ikky plz PM me with the link where u get the emulator. Mine doesnt trade (and I did what Mizou said)

And now for the News:
IM THE JOHTO CHAMPION!!!

Will:
This dude barely left a scratch on Glenn. I started spamming amnesia and then used a move of my choice. His pokemon fell down in no time at all. Well done, Glenn.

Koga:
This one's more serious, as he confuses me all the time and poisons my pokemon with Toxic. but Roll did a great job, so did Porky and Glenn. This one was a challenge, unlike Will.

Bruno:
A bit harder than in Yellow. His Hitmontop was no problem, as he dug a hole and I used Earthquake and buried him. The other ones were almost the same as in the 1st gen games, but his Machamp knows Cross chop, which makes him tougher. But in the end he was easy to beat.

Karen:
This one was easier than Will. His Umbreon went down in no time, so did the rest of her pokemon. You just need Earthquake, Ice Punch/Ice Beam, Surf and you'll beat her.

Lance:
Man, he's tougher than last time. Luckily he spams Hyper beam, and takes a turn to recharge, which buys you time. GYarados was hard because he's Water/Flying and at least 3 Ice attacks can take him down.
the rest was easy. Grounder did the last hit on Lance's last pokemon Aerodactyl using Surf and knocking him out. Then Lance saved me from an interview and registered my team in the Hall of Fame.

Now onto Kanto and, by the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Oh and my team is:

Glenn - Quagsire - Lv 47
Surf
Amnesia
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Roll - Graveler - Lv 42
Earthquake
Rollout
Rock Throw
Defense Curl

Grounder - Nidoking - Lv 42
Surf
Earthquake
Thrash
Double Kick

Porky - Piloswine - Lv 43
Rowder Snow
Headbutt
Endure
Take Down

Rocky - Onix - LV 40
Rock Throw
Strength
Sandstorm
Screech

Last edited:
Years
Raging Gyarados
Not too long after my rough and tumble battle with Jasmine i was in the next town Mahogany town. Asking around to some locals they told me something was going down up at a place called Lake of rage. So up i headed and met with a few trainers one who told me that there was a strange Gyarados up there. That thought made me feel all nostalgic for my friend Gyara from my adventures in kanto. When i get up to the lake i see a red Gyarados? I surf it to him and he attacks me though. I catch him and he finally calms down. I see lance and he tells me that team rocket did this. Now I'm pissed, they won't stay disbanded even after i beat them down. Lance tells me to follow him and we get ready to storm the base
God has no Wrath like a Badger Pissed
Lance and i bust into this store in Mahogany and lance moves this box to reveal a secret hideout. He runs on ahead and tells me to meet with him later. As I head deeper all these rockets storm me every few step but as I said I'm pissed and they are dealt with quickly. After a while lance and I meet up and he give me some healing items and tells be he's going after some passwords to a door or something and tells me to explore and find the boss. I do just that and lay a beat down on him but he was no Giovanni. I start to leave but am told by lance that I have to faint the power source of this building Electrodes. When I'm finished with my task the whole building is shut down and Lance gives me an HM for Whirlpool. I've blown off some steam not it's time to defrost the gym leader for my seventh badge.
Cold as Pryce
I step in and find its fricken' cold and there is ice everywhere and step on it and slide. It was really funJ. It was so fun I invited Batty out He then evolved out of happiness. Soon enough i reach Pryce and sweep him with Kite without getting hit once. Seven down one to go. As soon as i t step out i get a call from elm telling me the rockets are in Goldenrod. It's time to end this. I fly off to goldenrod ready for some rocket bashing.
[FONT=&quot]My team[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kite-Mantine Lv. 35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-113[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Attack-43[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-83[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=defence-55[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dude-Ledian Lv. 35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def-98[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low-Attack-42[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Batty-Crobat Lv. 35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= speed-112[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Spcl. Att.-73[/FONT]

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I may have to emulate Diamond... my friend lost my diamond version... >_< Found out today, and I won't reset my pearl... -.-

I'm taking a short break, I've been sad lately, just need some time away from video games :P

Years
Raiding the radio tower
I hit the ground running in goldenrod and went straight to the radio tower. Most of these rockets were whipped with 1 attack each. Finally i got to the director or so i thought i then faced an exec. Who had the nerve to use self destruct every time nearly wiping out my party? He then gave me the basement key and told me to head to the underground.
Ani't nothing but hound, Dawg (that is a horrible title I know:))
As soon as i enter the underground Hound (my rival) came a challenged me. He only put up a little fight with his Snesal but that was it he then leaves as quickly as he came. Weird dude.
Under the City
After putting hound back inAfter showing hound that I'm still Alpha dog (badger, whatever) I head deeper into the underground. There were these weird swiches and some kind of puzzle i figured out wasn't too hard. As for trainers they were wiped out Kite's surfing skills. I then find the real director and he gives me the key card to get to the true top of the radio tower.
Attention Johto
I get up into the tower a.s.a.p. and rip the remaining rockets to pieces. To reward me for my help i get some kind of bell thing. Now that this side quest is done time for my last badge.
[FONT=&quot]My team[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kite-Mantine Lv. 38[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-123[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Attack-47[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 38[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-91[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=defence-60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dude-Ledian Lv. 38[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def-106[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low-Attack-46[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Batty-Crobat Lv. 38[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= speed-122[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Spcl. Att.-79[/FONT]

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 5&6: Fighting the Cianwood Blues + Lighting Up Olivine

Well, my posts aren't going to be very detailed now, I'm just sad, and not really in the mood to write a lot :S

Anyways, made my way from Ecruteak to Olivine, stopping at the MooMoo Farm on the way, and went up the lighthouse in Olivine, and met Jasmine, who asked me to go across the sea to get medicine for the lighthouse's Ampharos.

In order to do that of course, I need to catch a water type pokemon to surf with. I caught a Krabby, and surfed on the poor crabs back all the way to Cianwood, where I got a medicine for Ampharos, and a new bug type I decided against using, a Shuckle named SHUCKIE. In the north of Cianwood, I met Eusine again, as well as Suicune, and Eusine battled me :O

I entered the Cianwood Gym, and prepared for my battle vs Chuck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MliHcnRDgDQ

I was rewarded with a TM for Dynamic Punch, which I taught to Lilo. I returned to Olivine to give Jasmine the medicine, and she returned to the gym, ready to fight me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuEjSRozKNo

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 33
gbc012.gif

Confusion
Gust
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)
gbc015.gif

Fury Attack
TwinNeedle
Cut
Pursuit

Charlotte (Ariados)
Level: 34
gbc168.gif

Poison Sting
Night Shade
Scary Face
Leech Life

Lilo (Ledian)
gbc166.gif

Ice Punch
Dynamic Punch
Thunder Punch
Headbutt

Slash (Scizor)
gbc212.gif

Quick Attack
Metal Claw
Pursuit
Rock Smash

Hercules (Heracross)
gbc214.gif

Strength
Horn Attack
Fury Cutter
Counter

Ikwaylx

Years
I'm going to take a short break from the UMC until I stop playing ROM hacks and when the New year is done. I bet you'll all be up to the 4th gen when that time comes! :P

Years
Ice Path
It was cold, slick and uneventful. By the by Welcome to Blackthorn
New Friends and epic grinding
I traveled down south of blackthorn and met two new friends-Skya the Skarmory the second female to the group-Gli the Gligar. Then I did a grinding of truly epic proportions.
Claire of the dragons
I go into the gym after my grinding spree. The Trainers were easy. Clair was easy also. After beating her silly she would give me my badge. What the hell? It's like Whitney all over again. She tells me to go to the cave behind the gym to test my merit. As soon as I step in I'm jumped. What the hell? After a bit i head into this shrine and some people ask me some stuff and some stuff happens, I really lost attention because stuff like this happening all the time. Well I get my badge that's all that matters . E4 I'm gunning for you!
[FONT=&quot]Kite-Mantine Lv. 41[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-133[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Attack-52[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 40[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def.-96[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=defence-63[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dude-Ledian Lv. 40[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Spcl. Def-112[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low-Attack-49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Batty-Crobat Lv. 40[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= speed-122[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Spcl. Att.-84[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skya-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Skarmory- Lv 40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Defence-138[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Spcl. Att.-47[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gli- Gligar Lv. 40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High= Defence-100[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Low=Spcl. Att.-45[/FONT]

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I find it funny you chose Ledian over Butterfree for your flying bug... Considering you're lacking a special attacker... lol

And you update a very short amount of times... you update like twice per game, for all we know you're just going through the FAQs and posting a mock thing from that :S

Years
I find it funny you chose Ledian over Butterfree for your flying bug... Considering you're lacking a special attacker... lol

And you update a very short amount of times... you update like twice per game, for all we know you're just going through the FAQs and posting a mock thing from that :S

I did Butterfree last time i'm trying to go with pokemon from only that i am playing generation.

wile with the FAQ thing i just have 2 feet of snow outside and i can't really do anything else and i just play a lot. I have all kinds of blogs saved on a word doc so i can update with new blogs more often. I playing fairly i'm no cheater.

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010

I don't see anything updating twice a game. They update at a rate they want to. Plus people are more eager to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back