• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Hack Name: Pokémon Neon
Hack of: Fire Red
Hack Progress: Alpha 1 - First 2 Cities
My Hacking Skills: Mapping, Scripting, Testing, Adding New Pokémon, A little ASM
Skills Needed: Spriting, Making New Tiles and Tilesets
Contact Me: PM, e-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Name of Hack: well I'm doing multiple hacks of advanced generation pokemon games.

Hack of: Ruby/Sapphire/ Red/ Green

Hack progress: non yet

My hacking skills: Spriting, testing.

Skills needed: 6 spriters, 2 scripters and one person good at inserting Pokemon in games.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
Years
Hack name: Not Sure Yet...

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: The story's not super developed yet...Still working on it.

Finished percentage: 5ish

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Tile Inserting, Basic Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: A better Mapper, possibly someone to help with the storyline.

Additional contact information: PM me here, or email me at [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Name of Hack: Tarnished Ruby, Chipped Sapphire

Hack of: Ruby/Sapphire

Hack progress: 2%

My hacking skills: Spriting, testing, insertion.

Skills needed: 6 spriters, 2 scripters and one person good at inserting Pokemon in games.

____
I have one spriter. So at least 2 more would be good. And if there are any scripters looking for work I could use the help.

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Name of Hack: Undecided

Story: In the middle of the night, portal opened in the world of Pokémon. Dark creatures from a place called 'the Netherworld' snuck in. By morning, all of the Pokémon were gone. Now, a rift is forming between those who like the new creatures, and those who want their old ones back. Oak calls you, from another world, to aid his quest in ridding the world of these new creatures!

Note: Crossover PokemonxDisgaea

Hack progress: Moves: 80%, Pokemon: 40% (Minus sprites), Story: 30%

My hacking skills: Use of YAPE, Move Editor, Advance Text, and Advance Map

Skills needed: Spriter or Spriters familiar with Disgaea

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
Hack name: Pokemon Charcoal

Additional information about the hack: A highly storyline based game taking place in a new region, with pokemon from Kanto and Johto. The gmae covers many diffrent interesting events not seen before in offical games such as a Rock Concert, a haunted ski resort, a ghost town, and a rainforest.

Finished percentage: 20%

Your hacking skills: I have been hacking for about 3 1/2 years now with my strongest points in scripting, story development, mapping, dedication, and application of provided resources along with creating my own. My weakness is deffinatly spriting and tile insertion

What help or skill you're looking for: Light spriting, and tile creation/insertion. Sprites that would need to be made would simply be NPCs and/or the hero sprite. Tiles that need to be created/inserted are mentioned above in the Additional Information section.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: When you contact me, please send me a sample of your work. I have not cut a single corner yet, and I wont allow people to ruin my hard work with poor visuals. If things work out, I'll go into detail about what needs to be done and how you will be credited.

Thanks in advance to anyone who considers / eventually takes this responsibility. You will hopefully be seeing alot more from Charcoal soon.

Last edited:

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
Hack name: Pokemon : The Shoto Saga

Hack of:
Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: (There's a bit to understand)

The Shoto Iles Region has grown and prospered for many years, The Citys and Towns have grown naturally alongside Nature, leaving the islands in pristine condition, thus allowing hundreds of pokemon species to thrive. Shoto has recently chosen to adopt the laws of the Indigo Plateu as their own Now known as The Shoto Leauge Charter and have constructed a series of Gyms across the region, as well as their own Hall Of Champions, Home to the new Shoto Elite.
Professor Redwood, Shoto's Athority on Stone evolution, Calls a proffesor from a far away region to come and give pokemon to the first Trainers to offically take on the newly erected Gyms in Shoto.
Since you are old enough according to the Shoto Leauge Charter, you hurridly rush over to the Lab, Once there you Find out that the proffesor is none other than Pofessor Oak of Kanto! He shows you Three pokeballs, each containing a pokemon that is rare to Shoto.
With your first pokemon, your backpack, and an ambition, you set out to to defeat the Gyms of Shoto, So you say farewell to Ginko Town and set out on an adventure of a life time, But before you leave, Professor Redwood warns you of a gang that is slowly tearing into the peace and serinerty of the Region.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rocket Story:
Several years after the fall of Team Rocket in Kanto, and Jhoto, Team Rocket has set up operations in the Shoto Iles under the leadership of a re-invigorated Giovonni. Their evil deeds are worse than ever, and they will stop at nothing to take over all of Shoto so they can exicute their worst plan yet.
Giovonni Has sent out Recon teams to the far away lands of Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn in order to bring back the Deities of those lands. Giovonni Then orders the Teams to hide away these ledgends; The birds of Kanto, The Dogs of Jhoto, and Hoenn's Creators, as well as other ledgends they have found... and created.
Now that Giovonni Has these pokemon, he sets his plans into action to create the ulitmate pokemon by combining the DNA of all these pokemon and using the powers of the rare evoloution stones found only in Shoto.

Finished percentage: Scripts < 1%
Mapping 5-6%
Storyline 40-45%
Additional stuff. Still in concept prosess

Your hacking skills: Decent Mapping, VERY basic scripting, Beginning Tile inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: Moderate to advanced scripter

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: I have storyline and speech and actions planned out, but I do not understand the scripting needed to exicute my ideas. Credit will be given for any and all help given. if there is anything you need (Rom base, IPS, Story outlines, Etc. Let me now)

also, once more progress has been made (20-30% completed) I'm looking at submitting this hack under the progressive Hacks Thread.

Red4190

Kanto Champion
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: The Kanto Journey

Additional information about the hack: this is not gonna be a game for public released. It is gonna be a series, like a tv show I am going to post on youtube. An example of a hack series is Elliots Pokemon Adventure on youtube....its gonna be something like that.

Finished percentage: Not quite sure...I have pretty much everything planned out i just need to actually hack it all out.

Your hacking skills: Nothing impressive i am a decent mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Mainly scripting....or scripting tutoring via team viewer

Additional contact information: AIM-Wolfpack4190 [email protected] SKYPE- Cotner4190

Additional information: I am open to new ideas so if you come up with one and I think its good we will implement it into our hack. I even have a website dedicated to this hack...the link is in my group....Team Poke-Journey.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Hack name: POKeMON Rangers

Additional information about the hackSo it will include fakemon and 5th generation pokemon,also the main heroes are rangers PM Me for more

]Finished percentage: 0

Your hacking skills: I made the hero/heroine sprites, basic mapping skills and pokemon names/moves etc. edit

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapper, Scripter Spriter, Fakemon Spriter, Sprite Insector

Additional contact information:[email protected]

]Additional information:
all other help is welcome

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Emerald Version - Peridot Special Edition

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald Version

Additional information about the hack:
It is a fairly complex hack, what it is is Pokemon Emerald, revamped (sprites resprited, maps remapped, text re-written) and updated. The point is to make a new experience for Emerald, and add custom content. This will be done through a special system, currently not named in public. I'll tell you in a PM if you agree to help.

Finished percentage: 1.5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, storyline/designing

What help or skill you're looking for: Backup Scripter and Spriter

Additional contact information:
[email protected] is my email, but I prefer PMs.

Additional information: If you'd like to join my team, that'd be great! This is a part of a new series of hacks by me (though most are actually their own new hacks, not just revamps)

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years

Ultima1

Pro Mapper
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Ultima

Hack of: Firered

Additional Information about the hack: based on Final Fantasy, featuring final fantasy creatures and characters

Finished percentage: 1%

Hacking skills: mapping, inserting, script editing, and testing

need help with: all spriting, tiles and event editing, and title page

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Trinity

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: basically its an Emerald remake with better maps, changed pokemon(evolutions movests tms/hms), all 365 pokemon catchable in game(ledgendaries in game events after elite four) and possibly some otherr easter eggs. we'll see

Finished percentage: 5-10%

Your hacking skills: maps(not overworld or changing warps) and pokemon editing

What help or skill you're looking for: spriters, overworld maps, warping, scripting, gym and pokemon editing, title screen and banners.

Additional contact information: pm if you want my email.

Additional information: i need alot of help and im really greatful for anyone willing to help me(:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
hack name: pokemon wes' adventure (name will change, just haven't thought of a good one)

hack of: ruby

% done: less than 5 (3 maps made, but events not added)

possitions needed: everything (mainly scripters and mappers)

about hack: this takes place after pokemon colosseum, when wes (rui if girl) goes to kanto to become a pokemon trainer. when he enters kanto he meets team rocket, but (because time in colosseum wasn't specified) it is a team of good with 2 members. giovanni (however it's spelled) and ash's dad. you end up being a trainer in the pokemon tournament (like in the anime) and a member of team rocket.

contact me by: pm or vm

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Crystal of Fate

Hack of: Pokemon Crystal

Additional information about the hack: The plot is based around three bio-logicaly engineered pokemon that the villians want to take. You and your friend get one but the third one goes missing.

Finished percentage: 0% (starting from scratch)

Your hacking skills: Need to learn some skills. Eager to learn from someone with experience.

What help or skill you're looking for: Everyone that is essential (Scripters, Mappers, Spriters, Beta testers, and etc.)

Additional contact information: [email protected] or PM me

Additional information: Me and a friend are currently the only ones on this project

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hack: Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Ruin

Hack of: Pokemon Sapphire

Percentage:
Mapping: 20-30%
Text:20-30%
Spriting:50%
Scripting:edited text:10-20% new scripts:0%
Music editing:0%

My skills: Mapping, Text editing, and little details.

In need of: Scripters (preferably experienced, when the important part of the story begins, it will be detailed.), Spriters (for overworld sprites and Pokemon icons), music editers, anyone that can help with otherthings I can't do.

Story: In the year 2005, Hoenn was destroyed by a battle between Groudon and Kyogre that Brendan and May couldn't stop. 100 years later, Hoenn is livable but with a few flaws. But Team Magma and Aqua are resurrecting in secret and you and your friends, Soneec and U.Flame have to stop them before they reveal themselves in public.

Additional Info: I'm not used to help so sorry if I ever sound demanding or unfair. Also this hack is for MATURE players! It will contain swearing and some adult themes.

Contact Info: PM or VM me with your info on how you can help.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
Help needed with my hack

Name: Pokémon Reverse

Original name:
Pokémon FireRed

Progress: I think about 5%

My hacking skills:
I like mapping and I can do a little scripting work but I don't really LIKE scripting. I can/will do the beta testing.

Help needed with:

- Scripting
- Mapping
- Palettes and tilesets
- OWs
- actually with nearly everything.

Contact info:

- [email protected]
- My hack thread.
- The hack's website.
- Or just PM me.

Thank you very much already!

Last edited:

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Regenta (for now)

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: No gym leaders, instead there are boss battles (8 in total)

Finished percentage: maybe almost 1%

Your hacking skills: Very basic mapping + scripts

What help or skill you're looking for: Looking for somebody to sprite (both the picture and the little guy) a main character (of which i need one frame of him knocked out on the ground)

Additional contact information: PM me is the best way

Additional information: will be needing somebody to help me with a big script + future scripts later on so PM if you are also interested

Last edited:

carlolicup

♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼? ??§☻♥♦♣♠•◘ ○
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hack name : Pokemon Gintaras
Hack of : Pokemon Ruby
Story : You are a Pokemon trainer . At the same time , you are a Pokemon Ranger assigned by Cheif Gordon . You and your mom moved to Genimine Town in Fushio region. And your rival is a Grunt of a bad team called RKG . RKG is a team full of cruelty . This team has been experimenting with pokemons without mercy ! And now , they have been boasting about their secret weapon , "PROJECT CHARVENATOISE" ....
My skills : I make stories ,and noobish on spriting, mapping and scripting
Skills needed : for now , i only need a spriter , a mapper , a scripter and OW's .
percentage done : i have no idea .. maybe 0.5%
Contact : email : [email protected] or easier if you could just pm me
Additional info : Please be interested in my story ! and I need help because i really want to make this hack :)

Last edited:

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Zero Shadows
Hack of : Pokemon FireRed
Story:You and your friend,"M", live in the Azeldion region where everything is peaceful. The present you live in is 10 years after the shadow pokemon legacy. After turning 16, both of you (you and M) get your starters and have a friendly battle. After the battle, M runs out swearing he will be the most powerful trainer ever. While journeying throught the region, you find out of Team Shadows who is trying to resurrect Cipher's old plan and have managed to fully shadow"ify" a Ho-Oh. You and your friend M soon battle the leader Zero, and find out he created another region near by with the powers of Groudon and Kyogre. That's all for now. :)
My skills: Mapping(Its alright.) & Scripting(N00b haha)
Skills needed:Adv. Mapper, Moderate Scripter, Tile inserter, Gym editing, Spriter, Unlz gba too..Pretty much everything else haha.
Perecentage Done: Maps-20% Scripts 5%
Contact info:[email protected]
Additional info: If anybody can help ill really apprecate it and somehow credit you in anyway I can :) thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back