• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stunfisk VS [Emolga] [ Rogue Electrics! ]

Stunfisk or Emolga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's not Stunfisk's fault that it was created from a derpy-looking animal! :(

I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.

Stunfisk isn't a brown sack, it's a beautiful creation.

I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"

That thing is amazing.

Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!

Hey hey hey I think you're talking about Garbodor, Stunfisk is definitely much better.

Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!

Stunfisk is better than most fakemon though, you have to admit!

Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.

Nope, I don't think of you as a king of fools, you'll have to try better to convince otherwise, imo!

Stunfisk because I can't stand Emolga......stupid Volt Tackle.

:333

Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.

Yup need more of this, everyone gogo. Mission Stunfisk or something!

I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW

:) I'm glad Stunfisk filled that for you - YEAH GUYS, WE'VE HAD ELECTRIC/FLYING BEFORE (aka Zapdos etc) WHILE STUNFISK IS A BRAND NEW CREATION, AKA BETTER.

Stunfisk.gif

Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
Stunfisk-Scald.gif

Oh what, it can inflict all three? That kinda is pretty awesome. OH RIGHT, YEAH EVERYONE WHAT CAN YOUR EMOLGA DO, LAUGH? NOPE IT DIESSSS.

I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.

Good boy. :3

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
When it comes down to Electric types, my vote goes to Zebstrika. I love my violent zebra. :B But since it's not part of the poll, I will go for Emolga. There's just something that makes me go "wut" when looking at Stunkfisk... It is better than Cryogonal, though.

I won't deny that derpfish has some amusing faces, but the Emolga on top of the theme I'm using is awesome. \o/
PS: Amazing annoyance suits it perfectly. :'D I had to spam Ancient Power to take them down. |D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!

Pachirisu is another Pikachu clone as well, just so you're aware. In the first generation they discovered that cute electric rodents were loved from Pikachu, so in Gen II they made Pichu to make it even cuter, then in III they made Plusle/Minun, then in IV they have Pachirisu. All those Pokemon were made to backpack on the success of the original electric rodent, Pikachu.

I picked Stunfisk because it's unique. It's just so derpy in its own way that you have to smile at it when you see things like this:

Spoiler:

Emolga is just...boring. It's Gen V Pikachu. It's kinda cute, but in that very formulaic way that's meant to appeal to people that like formulaic cute, not in a unique way that sets it apart from every other "cute" Pokemon like that. People claim it's ugly, but the look in its eyes just says "love me!"

Also look at its shiny sprite! That shade of blue is gorgeous:

Spr_5b_618_s.png

As opposed to boring Emolga whose shiny sprite is just slightly off-color from its original, because even the sprite creators thought it was too boring to receive a cool shiny palette:

Spr_5b_587_s.png

Years
I don't think this is a fair competition. I think that Emolga vs Kyurem Minccino would be better. :D

Emolga is, in my noble opinion, the best looking Pokémon of this generation. Awesome typing (baby Zapdos. :D), a very serviceable movepool, including a plethora of Electric moves, Air Slash, U-Turn, Light Screen, Taunt, Toxic and the speed to use them.

My Vote:
Emolga
587.gif

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
This is a really hard poll, since I am not a great big fan of both, but I have to give it to Emolga. from the moment I saw Stunfisk, I was utterly shocked. The first thing that I said is "What is this Pokemon even capable of?" (in my native langauge of course.) Emolga's rarity and it's rather cute design got my vote.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Wow, I'm shocked to see Emolga winning! But this is great because it deserves to. n_n

It's cute, it can be really annoying within battles which makes it great for the trainer using the Pokémon, it can be fierce (SEE BATMOLGA) and it's just perfect overall. It's like a transform of Pachirisu, not a clone and I like it.

Stunfisk is just a meme. Just a meme.

GO EMOLGA FTW
ps if you steal my icon < you'll DIE xoxoxo

11wildy

Me!
Years
Emolga all the way! Derpfish can only lie down and derp, while getting washed over by Surf. It´s a fish that dies to Surf. Right. And for the shiny sprites, Emolga doesn´t even need a better one, since I don´t think a better one exists! For derpfish color doesn´t matter, it´s still a brown thingy doing derp.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have a burning hatred of Stunfisk and a somewhat liking of Emolga so I voted for it. I hate Stunfisk's design because it looks ugly and ew, it also has the cry of someone's bowel being squished and the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was the only Pokémon in the whole challenge that didn't manage to defeat a Pokémon. Emolga has an pretty good design, and a nice typing. Also the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was very quite good. It was able to Paralyse its opponents quickly because of its high speed and Volt Switch out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wow, I'm shocked to see Emolga winning! But this is great because it deserves to. n_n

It's cute, it can be really annoying within battles which makes it great for the trainer using the Pokémon, it can be fierce (SEE BATMOLGA) and it's just perfect overall. It's like a transform of Pachirisu, not a clone and I like it.

Stunfisk is just a meme. Just a meme.

GO EMOLGA FTW
ps if you steal my icon < you'll DIE xoxoxo

A meme can be a good thing, I mean, at least it gets some sort of recognition where people just generally forget Emolga exists, tbh.

I.Hate.Emolga with the burning intensity of a thousand forest fires.

Stunfisk is so derp it wins.

Yay!

Pachirisu is another Pikachu clone as well, just so you're aware. In the first generation they discovered that cute electric rodents were loved from Pikachu, so in Gen II they made Pichu to make it even cuter, then in III they made Plusle/Minun, then in IV they have Pachirisu. All those Pokemon were made to backpack on the success of the original electric rodent, Pikachu.

I picked Stunfisk because it's unique. It's just so derpy in its own way that you have to smile at it when you see things like this:

Spoiler:

Emolga is just...boring. It's Gen V Pikachu. It's kinda cute, but in that very formulaic way that's meant to appeal to people that like formulaic cute, not in a unique way that sets it apart from every other "cute" Pokemon like that. People claim it's ugly, but the look in its eyes just says "love me!"

Also look at its shiny sprite! That shade of blue is gorgeous:

Spr_5b_618_s.png

As opposed to boring Emolga whose shiny sprite is just slightly off-color from its original, because even the sprite creators thought it was too boring to receive a cool shiny palette:

Spr_5b_587_s.png

Exactly! I believe the blue really brings out the best in Stunfisk. Oh yeah, and its sprite in-game LITERALLY LAUGHS AT YOU, IT'S SO HILARIOUS/ADORABLE/AWESOME that you can't help giggling at it. :33 Emolga however, yeah nooo, not amusing to look at.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I have a burning hatred of Stunfisk and a somewhat liking of Emolga so I voted for it. I hate Stunfisk's design because it looks ugly and ew, it also has the cry of someone's bowel being squished and the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was the only Pokémon in the whole challenge that didn't manage to defeat a Pokémon. Emolga has an pretty good design, and a nice typing. Also the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was very quite good. It was able to Paralyse its opponents quickly because of its high speed and Volt Switch out.

This for the win. My bro tried using Stunfisk for a run, but oh no. The mudfish just flapped around rather pathetically like a Magikarp. Emolga is so much better.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I disagree with Forever! Emolga isn't forgotten, and it even has its own "meme" as well. And it's even more touching! n__n

Plus the shiny form of Stunfisk just looks odd.

Emolga doesn't have to be considered a Pachirisu clone, but more like its disguise. 8)

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Stunfisk is so disgusting ugh how can anyone like it I don't get it. I don't really like Emolga either, but it's better than Stunfisk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I disagree with Forever! Emolga isn't forgotten, and it even has its own "meme" as well. And it's even more touching! n__n

Plus the shiny form of Stunfisk just looks odd.

Emolga doesn't have to be considered a Pachirisu clone, but more like its disguise. 8)

What meme does Emolga have? o_O I wouldn't even say Stunfisk is a meme in itself tbh, it's derpy but in itself it's not really a meme. Just one of the most memorable Pokemon in Gen V.

Spr_5b_587.png
Spr_5b_025_m.png
Spr_5b_417_m.png

Look at how freaking similar they are, it's shameful tbh. Same straight black eyes with white shine in the corner, same long front paws that end in a spiky paw, same round tiny back paws, same pixel-sized nose, same colored circular spots on cheeks, same spiky tail (Pachirisu almost doesn't fit this except for the spikes on the top), same rodent base, and same primary typing. It's sad how many people see "LOOKS LIKE PIKACHU CUTE MUST VOTE FOR IT", since fans were pretty much conditioned to like Pikachu from the start so it's subconscious to think Emolga's cute. When I first saw it I just thought "oh, it's another one of those Pikachu clones designed to appeal to girly girls and kids". :(

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I like 'em both, but I like Pokemon that derp at me, like Quagsire, Ditto, etc.

But Stunfisk is definitely awesome anyway. I do like both Stunfisk's and Emolga's typing, but Stunfisk has it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

What meme does Emolga have? o_O I wouldn't even say Stunfisk is a meme in itself tbh, it's derpy but in itself it's not really a meme. Just one of the most memorable Pokemon in Gen V.

Spr_5b_587.png
Spr_5b_025_m.png
Spr_5b_417_m.png

Look at how freaking similar they are, it's shameful tbh. Same straight black eyes with white shine in the corner, same long front paws that end in a spiky paw, same round tiny back paws, same pixel-sized nose, same colored circular spots on cheeks, same spiky tail (Pachirisu almost doesn't fit this except for the spikes on the top), same rodent base, and same primary typing. It's sad how many people see "LOOKS LIKE PIKACHU CUTE MUST VOTE FOR IT", since fans were pretty much conditioned to like Pikachu from the start so it's subconscious to think Emolga's cute. When I first saw it I just thought "oh, it's another one of those Pikachu clones designed to appeal to girly girls and kids". :(
Oh please. Every generation is going to have its """""""""""""clone""""""""""""". In fact I'm getting so annoyed when people say that about Pokémon! For crying out loud, they're sprites. People try so hard to be original but there's only so far you can get. At least they're not all blue and white and red and black and yellow combined. There's only so much in the world you can create before people are just going to advance from that, and that's what's going to happen with Pokémon too. Deal with it???

Besides Emolga may be cute WHICH IS A GOOD THING, and very useful in-game. So it's like a "oh look at me I'm cute how can you ever attack such an adorable Pokémon like me?? :3c "EMOLGA ATTACK RAWR", leaving the trainer in complete shock! & It's a flying squirrel!! Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Spr_5b_587.png
Spr_5b_025_m.png
Spr_5b_417_m.png

Being memorable for being an unappealing (to most) and useless in battle Pokémon is not a good thing. And I suppose if you're gonna compare eyes then:
226.png
439.png
108.png
And I'm sure there would be more of everything you said, but I can't be bothered looking.
And being cute is a legitimate reason for voting for Emolga, also a hatred of Stunfisk is also a reason. After all it is which one we prefer, not everyone may love Emolga, but they like it better than Stunfisk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Oh please. Every generation is going to have its """""""""""""clone""""""""""""". In fact I'm getting so annoyed when people say that about Pokémon! For crying out loud, they're sprites. People try so hard to be original but there's only so far you can get. At least they're not all blue and white and red and black and yellow combined. There's only so much in the world you can create before people are just going to advance from that, and that's what's going to happen with Pokémon too. Deal with it???

Besides Emolga may be cute WHICH IS A GOOD THING, and very useful in-game. So it's like a "oh look at me I'm cute how can you ever attack such an adorable Pokémon like me?? :3c "EMOLGA ATTACK RAWR", leaving the trainer in complete shock! & It's a flying squirrel!! Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.

Whoa. Deep breaths there. It's a Pokemon, not life or death.

I ask for more out of my Pokemon than for them to not be the same color. There are plenty of things they could have done to make Emolga not a clone (taken off the round cheeks, changed its typing, made it larger, etc), but they chose each thing specifically to appeal to people who liked Pikachu. It's not like all those things came together on accident, they were all intentional to imitate the line of electric rodents.

"Stunfisk is a meme" doesn't answer my question of how. A meme is a joke that propagates itself virally across the internet - outside of Pokemon circles, I've never heard Stunfisk referred to, and the Pokemon in itself is not a meme. It's just derpy.

Being memorable for being an unappealing (to most) and useless in battle Pokémon is not a good thing. And I suppose if you're gonna compare eyes then:
226.png
439.png
108.png
And I'm sure there would be more of everything you said, but I can't be bothered looking.

Yes, if you compare eyes alone. How many also have every single other trait that I've mentioned? Only Pikachu and its clones.

And being cute is a legitimate reason for voting for Emolga, also a hatred of Stunfisk is also a reason. After all it is which one we prefer, not everyone may love Emolga, but they like it better than Stunfisk.

Yes, it is which one you prefer. But just saying "I prefer this" makes it boring and ends debate.

Whatever, this can just go back to a poll. No fun to debate anymore.

Back