• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Normal UMC Kanto Update #1
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Only 4 days until this thread closes and the new one goes up. If anyone has a 5th gen Ultimate that's close to completion I suggest you wrap that up soon and get your post in, because at midnight Pacific standard time Feb 1 I will be posting the new thread.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Okay, big update, haven't been able to update in a while:

(I'll wrap spoilers around them cause there are a lot of images)

Ultimate Ground-Mono Challenge:

- Finished Johto and Hoenn:

n92Ak8q.png
nPy02zT.png

Spoiler:

(The screenshots for my Emerald ground team didn't show and the file is gone now...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimate Psychic-Mono Challenge: Emerald

-Finished the game

MPFemxr.png

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that, and with the new thread coming do my challenges I haven't finished yet continue on to the new thread?

Oh, and I'll be starting up an Ultimate Normal-Mono Challenge.

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Only 4 days until this thread closes and the new one goes up. If anyone has a 5th gen Ultimate that's close to completion I suggest you wrap that up soon and get your post in, because at midnight Pacific standard time Feb 1 I will be posting the new thread.

Just to make sure, will i be able to bring my old ultimates of Bug and Water? (1 finished, 1 started 5th gen a few days ago and wont get to finish here) I intend to play them through 6th gen when PokeBank is eventually released.

Also, will single champs from this thread be listed in the new thread?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Poison monotype - FR
I wish you could farm Team Rocket. That said, after their lair got cleaned out, I went and stomped Erika to bits and did the same to Koga. I tried to beat Sabrina but she proceeded to flatten me. Several times. So yeah, I threw up my arms and went after Blaine. Don't think I'm ready for him yet... his minions have 'mon the same level as mine so I'm pretty sure I'm underleveled. HEY BLAINE I'VE COME BACK IN TIME TO DEFEAT YOU AND OH GUESS WHAT YOU'RE GONNA LOSE YOUR PRECIOUS GYM

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just to make sure, will i be able to bring my old ultimates of Bug and Water? (1 finished, 1 started 5th gen a few days ago and wont get to finish here) I intend to play them through 6th gen when PokeBank is eventually released.

Also, will single champs from this thread be listed in the new thread?
All progress from this thread can be moved to the new one. You just have to fill out a new sign up which will include a part where you can say you have previous progress. As for the other question, if you are playing on the new thread I will move your singles over. Ultimates will stay on this page and will be linked to in the new thread for the sake of keeping everything recorded.

Years
I was thinking of defeating more than one gym leader in this update, but since the thread is closing soon I might as well make an update. So, onto my third Sapphire update.

Log
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Badges: 3/8

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Poison monotype - Quick update

So I thought I already cleared out Silph Co... turns out I didn't. Well now it really IS cleared and I ended sweeping past Sabrina. Which was probably just as well since I'm way overleveled at this point. Currently marching towards Giovanni. Planning to do a sweep of the Power Plant afterwards to get some last levels in before marching towards the E4. Yep, life.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge: Silver
6/8

Just beat Chuck finally. He was ANNOYING. But I did it. I'm kinda sick and don't feel like doing much in the way of updating but I wanted to say I got the badge. Hopefully I can come up with another game to trade with. I want that Slowking and Kingdra!

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Quick Update for Crystal:
-caught Ponyta, Houndour, Slugma
-Houndour evolved into Houndoom
-received 2 Fire Stones from Schoolboy Alan and used one to evolve Eevee into Flareon and the other to evolve Growlithe into Arcanine

I didn't want to fight the Kanto leaders before getting a full team.

Team:
Spoiler:

Potentials:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I beat like 5 gyms in the time frame of one week. god, I'm underleveled. around 35 when the wild are around 40. never underestimare type advantage.

I now have 7/8 gyms finished. cyrus was a pain in the but, he may as well be a flying gym leader (honcrow, gyarados, crobat, and weavile).

TEAM:

SCISSOR
402-m.png

Level 36
-Sing
-X-Scissor
-Strength
-Aerial Ace

MOTHOX
269-f.png

Level 34
-Moonlight
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain

BEAUTIFREE
267-m.png

Level 36
-Mega Drain
-Silver Wind
-Morning Sun
-Psychic

HONEY
416.png

Level 36
-Heal Order
-Slash
-Power Gem
-Toxic

SUPER BUG
214-f.png

Level 39
-Strength
-Shadow Claw
-Close Combat
-Dig

I was happy when my first honey tree was a combee... a lot more so when my second was a heracross. was also hoping for a burmy, but oh well.

Last edited:

Talon

Years
Normal UMC Kanto Update #2
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Monotype, Platinum part 1
Spoiler:

Also, added Pokemon X to the lineup.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Update time:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Normal-Mono Challenge: Yellow

- Finished the game:

GZhgmHz.png

cVlCCjo.png
OsbPScL.png
VhT6a0Q.png

OatGEMn.png
BG7BmSz.png
rE71Vpa.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be finished Crystal pretty soon so expect another update.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Today is the last day of this thread's lifetime. In around 24 hours we say goodbye to it, and welcome a brand new Monotype thread to the Challenges Forum. I'll get the thread all caught up and accurate so everyone has accurate records throughout the day. Thanks for keeping with things to this point guys. I'll see you on the other side.

Talon

Years
Normal UMC Kanto Update #3
Spoiler:

Well, doesn't look like I'll be able to finish this UMC then, as I do not have X/Y, nor have the money to get them. This whole thing will just be a bunch of singles then, I guess.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Oh, also I have a question. When the new thread appears next month, do all of us current challengers have to start over, or do we just get shifted over?
Sorry I missed your question. There will be a field in the sign up form to import progress from this thread.

Also, Bill was the one who gave you the SS Anne Ticket.

At this point I'm going to ask that no one post further in this thread. The new version of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge should be up soon

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Alright, so I'm keeping at it with my Fire-type UMC - I'm starting over in Pokémon Y, doing the sixth run of my Fire-type challenge now! So far, I've only been spending some time soft resetting for a decent nature for Fennekin and Fletchling. So,

Game: Y
Type: Fire
Badges: 0

and here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, so I'm keeping at it with my Fire-type UMC - I'm starting over in Pokémon Y, doing the sixth run of my Fire-type challenge now! So far, I've only been spending some time soft resetting for a decent nature for Fennekin and Fletchling. So,

Game: Y
Type: Fire
Badges: 0

and here's my team so far:

Spoiler:
I asked for no further posts. Please be patient. The new thread will be up as soon as Syd can get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back