• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna play how I normally do when starting a new game the first time for the most part. I'm going to walkthrough the story at my normal pace assembling my team as I go along. There is only one thing I'll be doing different. As soon as I can trade, I'm sending over a Rufflet egg my from White to Black2. I really want to get Black2 cause it's different but want a Braviary on my team. ^__^

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I'm thinking of doing my first type playthrough challenge. They give you some pretty good options to start with. Steal, fighting, fire, electric, and water all seem to privide 2 or 3 pokemon to start with early game. Maybe my second play through. I at least plan to not overlevel my starter and to try and keep at least 3 primary pokemon all with a couple levels of eachother. I've always overleveled my starter and it can make the play through pretty uninteresting.

Shiny_Wooper

Woooop♪
Years
I'll make a basic team and try to take my time finishing black2 then i'll start white 2 last time i tried playing both one game had awesome pokemon the other one had a terrible team. :/

Years
I think I will ask my friend to finish up Black 2 and have him defeat the game. Then, he will unlock Challenge Mode and I'll have him transfer the mode to my game and start the game with Challenge Mode. I'll bet it will be fun.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Starter will be replaced with Porygon; team will total four members.
Apart form that, normal playthrough; no guides, no pre-research.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Normally I just run through catching pokemon as I go along. I've always just done that.

However it does mean pokemon that appear later in the story never get a good chance of being in my team. So this time around I'm going to be trading in some eggs when I first get the chance and just choosing my team that way. Partially at least, two of the pokemon I want on my team actually appear early in Pokemon Black/White 2. The other four I'll be trading in.

I think I might abandon my starter for the first time too. I'm just feeling a change is needed.

Years
I'm going to pick Tepig, purely because I want my Rival to have a Samurott. (After seeing the anime trailer, that's the way it has to be, hahaha). However, I picked Tepig in my first White playthrough, and so.. I don't want my team to end up being a duplicate of that one.

So I'll pick Tepig, but I'll put him in the box (in a kind way... :P), and I hope to have a team primarily consisting of non-Unova Pokemon, such as Riolu, Arcanine, Lapras, and.. I haven't decided on the others yet, but there's plenty to choose from. I just hope they'll be available reasonably early in the game so I can have my dream team by the end of the game.

I won't be looking up any walkthroughs or guides. I've seen some videos on YouTube, but I haven't seen anything major in the story as such, so it'll still be a surprise. I guess I MIGHT use an online Pokedex to find out where Pokemon are/if I can actually get certain Pokemon in White 2. It'll be a standard playthrough for me, aside from the fact that I won't be using my starter, which is something I've never done before.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
I will do a speed run the first time through Black 2, with either a color or type challenge, and then replay the game on Challenge mode and try to 100% it by going as slowly as I can through the story.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I'm probably going to grab Tepig and then abandon him ince I get my first Ghost type pokemon. Then, It's all ghosts. YAY for Dark type weakness, which means anytime someone uses Bite, I die... Then it's Crunch... Yeah.... Please reference the words below.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm going to take it slow as I possibly can. In my White2 my aim is too keep all of them, so I am going to be kind methodical about it. I haven't got a solid idea for a main team, but I do know that I am not using a starter on my main team.

MVPokeStory

Nom Nom Nom
Years
Im going to have fun with the game. I've played some of the japanese and the trainers and pokemon are alot harder. I expect this game to be good.

Years
I usually never go with a planned team, and when I to half the team turns out to be fail (I end up losing many matches!) so I change most of them. But since I'm familiar with all the pokemon that will be in W2 I'm going to stick to my planned pokes as they're all my favs anyway. And I will catch 'em all for the shiny item's sake. If I do it'd be the first time since playing pokemon back in grade 4 that I complete a pokedex lol...

Years
I will probably play the same way i always do no preplanned team just catching stuff as i go & beat E4 around 20 hours although I am going to try a preplanned team which will be

Leavanny<3 muk frillish bisharp braviary stunfisk although i highly doubt i will use any of these besides leavanny I am also thinking of doing a grass mono challenge
using liligant leavanny amoongus ferrothorn Sawbuck and either leafeon or maractus I will just have to see

Back