• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Piplup,Turtwig or Chimchar?

Piplup,Turtwig or Chimchar?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
Piplup, as soon as I saw it when starting Diamond, it was instantly my favourite of the three. I do like Turtwig too though, Chimchar.. not so much.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Each one has their own advantages and disadvantages. I like torterra for his atk and def, but has low speed. Empoelon is a similar versión for sp atk and sp def but a Little faster. Infernape is balanced in atk, sp atk and speed, but has low defenses as expected from main attackers.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Personally, I go with Chimchar. I love its movepool and stats, a really good revenge or lead. Piplup's really adorable though.

Years
I love all the Sinnoh starters for different reasons, but as for competitive I went with Infernape. It can hit very hard and fast, and fire/fighting, while boring, is a good typing for an attacker, especially a mixed one. Unfortunately Torterra has that 4x ice weakness, and while it's bulky and can set up, 4x common attack weakness + no speed makes it not the best. Empoleon never seemed like it had enough in defenses or attack for me.. or speed? Something always seemed to be lacking.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
It's a close call between Infernape and Torterra. Depends on whether I feel like using a mixed sweeper or a bulky tank.

On top of that, I love the fairly obscure mythological references that went into both pokémons' designs.

Years
Infernape.

It's offensive.
It has a good Atk and Sp. Atk, which is good.

That's all.

And it's a Fire-type, I love Fire-types.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Chimchar FTW!!!

Infernape=Fire/fighting

Infernape use close combat on empoleon! Its super effective!
Infernape use flare blitz on torterra! Its super effective!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Chimchar...Sp.Att \Att ridiculous! Infernape is good for competitive and just for the storyline and gyms, after all, when he becomes a Monferno he learns Mach Punch (i think) and you can go and wreck everything from the first 3 gyms, Crasher Wake is not a problem too.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I like both the Chimchar and the Piplup family. Chimchar's family has amazing special attack, attack and speed - exactly what I love in a Pokemon. I still have it on my Pearl team for many years. A great member for sure! As for Piplup's family, its Steel-type gives it many resistances, plus it has great special attack as well. Although its speed is a little lackluster, I don't mind it as it has been quite reliable every time I used it on my teams.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I go with turtwig most of the time because of its feature of learning both water and grass moves.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
I chose Turtwig because it grows to obtain good bulk and above average offensive stats, coupled with a movepool that is better than Piplup's imo. Chimchar was just overrated and I didn't like its design as much as the other two. Empoleon's typing was a bit of a putoff, as well as the lack of specially offensive moves.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I like Turtwig too much as it has too much attraction (Cause of its great design) And also because its good and handy in League Also because its the first starter i saw in anime.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I did 2 playthroughs of Diamond. The first one I used Infernape. The second one I used Empoleon, and I just tend to find water types more successful. However, I like fire types more, but I didn't really like the monkey trio.

Had to give it to the Penguin.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I liked Piplup more cuz it was totes adorable and it evolved into Empoleon which was my favorite generation 4 Water type. :)

Moltrezard

is Super Awesome
Years
Piplup by far.
I think it has the best attacks and, when fighting the other starters, has the most power. Also, it's a Water Type, and Water Type Pokemon are best pokemon. (I can't find Piplup as an emoticon, so here is one of a pokeball that contains a piplup.) :pokeball::pokeball:

Back