• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade Guilt.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
I've been trading the excess Luvdisc, but also good pokemon like Larvitars with 31 Atk IV and Gastly with 31 Sp.Atk IV.
Problem is that they're all lv.1 and the other player might not even check their IVs.{XD}

Been getting a bunch of low level pokemon in return, but getting a lv.21 Houndour (not attainable in my Y copy) made my day.

Years
Yes.. I always feel guilty over this. :( I only trade good Pokemon away now, like newly-hatched starters. Makes me feel a lot better even though I usually don't get very good stuff in return aha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I've done this a few times now and only got crap aside from the aforementioned Pumpkaboo which evolved into Gourgeist (and even that could've been obtained myself, it's nothing special - ie no great IVs or whatver, although I guess the OT saved me finding someone to trade with), so idk how I'll feel but I guess if people are putting Pokemon like that up for Wonder Trade they only really have themselves to blame if they're taking the risk to lose a great Pokemon to something like a level 7 Flabebe or a level 10 Bunnelby...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I do kinda cycle: trading, breeding, redistribution.

I trade some Pokemon until I find one that's relativlely rare. After that I start breeding this Pokemon until I have enough. If I have enough I start trading them until all of them are gone. If I get something good out of it I start breeding this one.

If I get crappy Pokemon it's not my fault if you get some of those from me :P

Last time I traded two full boxes of Pokemon and got a Charmeleon with it's hidden ability, a Beldum and a Larvitar. So right now I have three Pokemon to redistribute.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I just chain trade, put up something decent, get bunnelby and trade it until I get a pokemon I did not own before.

Years
Right now I'm mass breeding Swirlixes on my X to distribute via Wonder Trade and see what I get. But by far the best Pokèmon I've Wonder-Trade-chain gotten was a level one Froakie with its DW ability.

Mesty

The Joker
Years
I don't. I have yet to get anything decent out of Wonder Trade. I usually just end up trading the crappy pokemon I get and just keep doing that till I get something of use. Then I would actually trade that person something of interest.

Years
Sometimes I get a bunch of Luvdisc or a Pokémon I already have, so I send them back through Wonder Trade. I have sent high-level Pokémon to give a surprise to someone.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sometimes I do...but then again they give me equally common Pokemon like Fletchling and Helioptile...lucky for both of us we live in different countries (thus far I've only wonder traded with Japanese people...or people playing in Japanese at least...) so we can use them for our Masuda methods!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I traded loads of Eevees away after finding my shiny, all Timid and about half, maybe even more, with their hidden ability. :) Not a single bit of guilt, especially since I got loads of rubbish Pokemon in return. c:

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
I don't feel very guilty most of the time because I only trade pokemon with pokerus.

I do this!
When i started out my new game i did wonder trade on a load of fletchling and scatterbug. Of course i usually got the common rabble back and someone traded me a skiddo nearly traded it right back until i saw pokerus. now i trade the common pokemon with the virus attached its a nice treat but Pkrs is a bit invalid now we can supertrain!

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Well, I bred a bunch of Amauras (most of them with good natures) and I got a Protean Froakie in return. T-that's a good deal, right?

I still got the occasional Bunnelby/Fletchling, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
I just went and caught 5 abra's at level 30 taught each one psychic and evolved them then wonder traded all of them. I got a fletchling, tauros, bidoof, and hippotatas.

Back