• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi guys! I am brand new to this site and I was wondering if I was desperately seeking a rare pokemon collectible...what forum would I post it to?

:) Thanks!
Hi there! :) Perhaps you could explain on what kind of collectible are you talking about, just curious? :3

If it's Pokémon merchandise, then you could try Pokémon General, although keep in mind that asking to purchase something is against forum rules.

Or if you're looking for a rare in-game item/Pokémon, you could check out the Quick Trades section as well!

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Okay so it's simple and i feel silly asking but i tried posting a youtube link in a new thread for the new pokemon movie, i clicked the youtube button pasted the url or the embed link in and the video shows up but this just comes up as error cannot play or whatever.

How do i fix this so youtube videos show?

Years
Okay so it's simple and i feel silly asking but i tried posting a youtube link in a new thread for the new pokemon movie, i clicked the youtube button pasted the url or the embed link in and the video shows up but this just comes up as error cannot play or whatever.

How do i fix this so youtube videos show?
You only grab the video code for the YouTube tags, and not the whole URL.

Say this is my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcU0gNg1pM

The code would be this: [YOUTUBE]aNcU0gNg1pM[/YOUTUBE]

And this is my output:

Hope this helps!

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
Years
I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQs, so I'm going to ask here.

As I browse the forums, I see this "DCC" prefix in a blue box on some of the threads. What does that mean, exactly?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQs, so I'm going to ask here.

As I browse the forums, I see this "DCC" prefix in a blue box on some of the threads. What does that mean, exactly?
DCC stands for "Daily Chit Chat". Threads with that as the prefix are just general chat threads for a section. Sorta a free-flowing thread about whatever the section covers in general.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I have a quick question:
What FONT is that used for the names of Forum Sections / Category Sections in the Garchompin' theme? :)

I have a quick question:
What FONT is that used for the names of Forum Sections / Category Sections in the Garchompin' theme? :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I have a question too if someones sig is offending to someone do they get reprimanded?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I have a quick question:
Unless someone else knows, you could ask the style's creator, abnegation.

I have a question too if someones sig is offending to someone do they get reprimanded?
If you find someone's avatar and/or signature to be offensive, you should PM a member of higher staff about it, or use the report feature.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
It typically refers to the fact that they're made using ROMs from generations before the games they were de-makes of were released.

I do understand that bit, what I'm asking is that is there any specific full form or meaning to why its called that?

Years
I do understand that bit, what I'm asking is that is there any specific full form or meaning to why its called that?
Because "de" as a prefix is easy to remember even if it isn't a 100% accurate prefix to use, and it probably stems from when someone used a Red ROM to make a version of a later game using the Red ROM's graphics and sound and applied the "de" prefix to describe their work. I don't frequent ROM Hacking enough to give anymore detail than that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Can I put a .gif pic in my profile picture? (Not avatar)

It's tough to be sure since not many of us seem to upload animated profile pictures, but since we're allowed to do this with avatars and signatures, hopefully, it should work (so long as it's within maximum size limit). =) If it does not, then sadly, we might have to settle for static images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back