• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overworld Inserting Tutorial (Pokemon Blue Flames project)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hello there, fellow hackers :) I am Pinkish Purple and I specialize in spriting. This tutorial is made for PokemonMasters so that he could learn how to insert Overworlds. Let's begin, shall we?

Tools Needed
NSE Download: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205687

16 Coloured PNG Image of sprite (Make sure background is BLACK.)

First, open up NSE and load the rom.

Next, press File -> Import -> Import Image and open up the sprite that you wanna load.

Then, press the drop-down and click on 'All' and Save the Image.

Finally, press File -> Save.

And voila, you're done!

Credits:
Mikachu- For bringing me into the world of Spriting <3

PokemonMasters- For letting me be his Spriter on Pokemon Blue Flames and being an awesome friend :D

link12552- For NSE, such an amazing program ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Please tell me one thing...i can easily change images in ow editor.i can resize them.but when i try to correct my inserted sprites color in ow editor or nse,several other sprites,which were earlier in game,their color corrupts. And if i correct the colors of sprites which were earlier in game,then now now my newly inserted images color becomes corrupt. I am trying to do this from last 6 months now,and didnt found any tutorial or guide or solution for thus. Please help me...

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Oh! that's easy :) Index them on the same image. Put all the OWs on 1 image and index them all. I recommend you do that with GIMP.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Hey,firstly thank you for replying to me. And secondly,can you be a bit more clear? Can you elaborate the process a bit in steps. I can still understand,but dont want to risk in my ignorance.
Also is there a way to add more trainer sprites when i add more trainers through a-trainer or pet?
Finally is there any possible way to change all unowns form and make them appear in game?
Regards...

Hey,firstly thank you for replying to me. And secondly,can you be a bit more clear? Can you elaborate the process a bit in steps. I can still understand,but dont want to risk in my ignorance.
Also is there a way to add more trainer sprites when i add more trainers through a-trainer or pet?
Finally is there any possible way to change all unowns form and make them appear in game?
Regards...

Last edited:

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
Hello there, fellow hackers :) I am Pinkish Purple and I specialize in spriting. This tutorial is made for PokemonMasters so that he could learn how to insert Overworlds. Let's begin, shall we?

Tools Needed
NSE Download: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205687

16 Coloured PNG Image of sprite (Make sure background is BLACK.)

First, open up NSE and load the rom.

Next, press File -> Import -> Import Image and open up the sprite that you wanna load.

Then, press the drop-down and click on 'All' and Save the Image.

Finally, press File -> Save.

And voila, you're done!

Credits:
Mikachu- For bringing me into the world of Spriting <3

PokemonMasters- For letting me be his Spriter on Pokemon Blue Flames and being an awesome friend :D

link12552- For NSE, such an amazing program ^^

That's a nice one, Nigel, but since the screenshots were removed, I cannot figure it out how to navigate OWs.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Regards...

Regards...

Alrighty sorry I was unclear, I will get another tutorial up in the next 2 weeks or so. And for the unowns, you can change them but that is a whole other topic called Spriting. You will have to replace the old unowns with the new unowns or replace the new ones with some useless Pokemon like Luvdisc or something. For the A-Trainer/PET thingy, I don't really know. Sorry! but I think it is possibru >.>

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
I did everything you asked for..

But some bits were unclear and I had to make assumptions for myself.
So now I have a sprite which is invisible :(

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Hey thanks for replying.i have figured that iwhen i changeg unowns(all 26) with different pokemons,then i was not able to change there name or move individually.but thats ok,coz i just wanted to have 25 more pokemons in the game.but the result was that i was still getting the unowns,with weird colors. So to utilise those 26 unowns,what i did was i copied all forms of arceus,indexed on one page.opened with paint,irfanview etc to index them all at a same time. Then cut and paste these all forms seperately.now when i encounter unown in game i find all forms of arceus.name still shows unown,moves are same for all(using yape),but atleast i get rid of those silly unowns.

U see i have made a hack .,there i have added a simple event.there you have to defeat terrakion,virizion,and cobalion in 3 different maps in game.after defeating these three you get access to kaldeo.so for that reason i wanted to insert a ow sprite for these 4 above mentioned pokemons.
I have alredy added tornodus and thundurus,with one or two of my previous ingame ow sprites colour going weird.
So i want to add these 4 ow sprites now without corrupting any more ow sprites.
Please advice..

U see i have made a hack .,there i have added a simple event.there you have to defeat terrakion,virizion,and cobalion in 3 different maps in game.after defeating these three you get access to kaldeo.so for that reason i wanted to insert a ow sprite for these 4 above mentioned pokemons.
I have alredy added tornodus and thundurus,with one or two of my previous ingame ow sprites colour going weird.
So i want to add these 4 ow sprites now without corrupting any more ow sprites.
Please advice..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2015
Alrighty sorry I was unclear, I will get another tutorial up in the next 2 weeks or so. And for the unowns, you can change them but that is a whole other topic called Spriting. You will have to replace the old unowns with the new unowns or replace the new ones with some useless Pokemon like Luvdisc or something. For the A-Trainer/PET thingy, I don't really know. Sorry! but I think it is possibru >.>

I'm waiting for your tutorial how you do the indexing multiple sprite all at once in one image.
cuz i'm having the same problem with thamseel.

Regards...
sorry for the bad english

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Ok, I have just started on the tutorial (a lil late :P) and it will be up tmr/later today.

Back