• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide Moves?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So "suicide move" is a bit too brutal term imo xD

I agree. It isn't suicide per se, the Pokémon merely faints, not dies. I've never found use for the moves in-game though since I usually opt for more powerful moves that does not cost the HP of the user.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Yeah, in the manga it's kinda suggested in FRLG arc that Forretress using Explosion die...but in the games its not suicide, just self-KOing. I use Explosion on my Metagross in the Battle Frontier - if I'm against something I could KO with either Explosion or Meteor Mash, and I'm faster than it but it can KO me, I explode. Likewise, if a mutual 2HKO is a possibility from other moves, and I'm outpaced, I explode.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, I've never wanted to use them in the games, I just laugh at the NPC opponents who use it at the stupidest of times >.< Never wanted to use it in a RP either, because it would be pretty devastating there.

Back