• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I actually like the first one a lot, Im thinking since it has earthy colors it should be ground type and also the bottom half looks ghostly so it could be Ground/Ghost. To make it more interesting it could use the theme "Desert Mirage Pokemon" which do fit the two types.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Right-o, so it's been awhile since I've posted...at all, but yeah, I guess...? Anywho, here's an iffy sprite of Sunfished's Haquag!

Spoiler:

Yep, that is definitely a thing, and by a thing I mean an it. It didn't come out bad, but it most certainly did not come out good. I really didn't know how to fix the hair and it was the first time I've sprited in about 2-3 years now. There're also a few stray pixels here and there that kept popping back up whenever I save, sorry :c. So if anyone wants to fix that "it", by all means, go for it. And if you want to start from, almost, scratch here is the outline!

Spoiler:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Aww, that looks so awsome Ragnia! :D

I wish I could sprite like you guys. I can do pretty well with outlines, but coloring and shading are out of my scope of mastery...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hm agreed! Those sprites are great Ragina. Feel free to take on any others. :]

First post has been updated with almost everyone's work. Still a few stragglers I need to get. But for now, the majority is up. :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Excuse my inactivity lately. I've been busy.

I'm finally about to get around to sketching the alternate evolution of Absol's pre-evolution. The design is complete, but I'd rather re-draw it than take a picture to post here (the only completed art is traditional).

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
That looks good and clean Ragnia, good job! So I just finished counting all the pokemon we have currently and we got approximately 90! we are more than half way there guys!(if where are going with the traditional route) so keep the designs coming. Im currently working on my second legendary, man this design its a hard one :< but ima stay there until I get it right.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
That looks good and clean Ragnia, good job! So I just finished counting all the pokemon we have currently and we got approximately 90! we are more than half way there guys!(if where are going with the traditional route) so keep the designs coming. Im currently working on my second legendary, man this design its a hard one :< but ima stay there until I get it right.

Glad you think so. Thanks for all the kind words from everybody! Anyways, here is Tuburn in all its majesty and glory!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Haha that is awesome, Tuburn is one of my favorite designs so its cool to see it in sprite. Nice work!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Glad someone managed to sprite that. I had planned on doing it, considering I sprited its pre-evolution (speaking of, I need to fix it up soon), but I just couldn't get it to look right.

Anyway. Here's just a sketch of the new one. I'll draw a real version eventually and sprite it.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
And then out of nowhere, ELVIS PRESLEY!

8D

Name: Hequelve (as in hequet + elvis)
Classification: Suave Pokemon
Type: POISON :O
Ability: Poison Touch
Saucy Flavor Text:
"Hequelve sway their Hequag underlings with song, and then command their brainwashed subordinates with plots and plans. When not acting like total fat heads, they practice their songs in solitude."

And umm, this is the product when you give your fakes random greek references, because I had no idea that a "Hequet" was a singer. And then I had to work in Elvis Presley to make it all work out...

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
While I am sort of half-working on Pandorask's evolution, I was wondering if I could also take on the job of spriting a bit. I can't do pixel-overs, haha, sorry. But what I CAN do is the 96x96 sprites you see in BW and B2W2 if that is okay. And if it is indeed okay, then I'd like to get permission from you BeefTaco to sprite your Ice-Fox line, if you are okay with that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Sure thing Mr. M , can't wait to see them :)

Sunfished@ Smart design, only suggestion I can make is to change the fingertips color, right now they resemble painted fingernails a bit, maybe using the same color as the hair could fit better or you could try white as well.

Slender@ That's pretty cool, if its Absol's pre evo then maybe you can do the legs a bit shorter and the paws smaller as well.

Last edited:
Years
So I know I haven't posted in a while and I'm sorry for that!

And I do have the drawing of the dog that catches everything, I just haven't had time to upload it due to finals and other fun school stuff! Also I decided to sprite Sunny's bubbly mouse thing, I hope you don't mind!:

zaN27VI.png
(sorry the pose is kinda changed, I don't know how to pixel-over, so all scratch)

Oh, also I didn't realize we could do ingame sprites which, if I do more sprites will be that from now on (although I guess this could technically be an ingame sprite cuz it's within the 96 x 96 haha)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Okay, so here's attempt number 1 at spriting Frox. I like how it came out, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm satisfied with the design because there is something that seems a little off about it to me. Anyways, here's Frox, hope you enjoy.

1GvMOAl.png

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Alrighty then, last contribution to this project for about a week because I am leaving. Pebbole in sprite form!

Spoiler:

I think it came out alright.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow guys this latest pixel art is amazing.

And yes, we are doing both 'in-game' sprites and 'pixel art' sprites. It's really whatever serves your comfort levels best. So just do whatever you're good at doing! n_n;

Mr. Mammoth.. if that's your first attempt at pixel art.. :O You have a promising future.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
That's not bad for a first attempt.

Mr. Mammoth.. if that's your first attempt at pixel art.. :O You have a promising future.

Well, I'm glad you like it! Though I think you might've misunderstood, I meant it as this is my first attempt at spriting Frox itself since I will probably do more attempts at spriting it because I'm not 100% satisfied with how it came out.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
You misread the post, I think. It /shares/ a pre-evolution with Absol. I already have designed that pre-evolution but never posted the finished art.

I haven't been home much today, but I'll see what I can do about posting completed art tomorrow or the next day. Or I might just sprite one of my Fakemon and post that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Good one Mr.M only thing that bugs me is the green background but that's hardly an issue hehe.

Slender@ Got ya man, good luck with the real Absol pre-evo tho.

Ragnia@ Hope you have a good trip.

Back