• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
I'm here To report A major Bug When I Finished the third chapter and gone to the fourth chapter the save file imploded and i lost everything it said that there wasn't enough data to start the stream or something also the chill tm teaches you blaze so can you fix the bug because i really like the game and i don't want to play it knowing that i will lose everything

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
DOOD!!! Okay First of all... EPIC GAME! It brings the graphics bring back old memories, which in my opinion is good to have in a game, Ive played this game and have experienced nothing wrong with it... Except being addicted to it. I support you, and not rushing you for updates but take your time this game is a must play :) Best of luck, sir...

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hey guys! havent been here for a bit because i've been busy with life and other projects. anyway, updates should be more frequent now :)

---

I finally got some time to myself to start playing. :)

Sadly something strange happened after I updated the game.
(Thankfully it is a very minor bug)

My Nidorina had it's sprite and name changed to Nidorino.

The Species still says Nidorina and it's battle sprite and move seems to be unchanged.
DD3K: Ah, i see, the last version fixed an evolution bug where sometimes nidoran would evolve into the wrong evolution. but it seems to have backfired. it'll fix next update.

Found a bug. The mission where you reactive the breaker in the sewer and face a Magnemite?

The guy keeps giving you Thunderwave and $500 each and every time you talk to him. Makes it fairly easy to rack up money
DD3K: cool, fixed that sidequest.

Another note on the breaker quest bug. Oh thoes nasty electric -> those.

And a question. Do stone evolved pokemon's final form keep learning moves? Or is it like the official game where they stop?

EDIT: I think my game is glitched. I can't get the Natu on Route 8 to spawn despite having the RC there for most of the remaining game.

And now when I go toward Oak's lab I get one of the final 'sleep' scenes about finding Leon. But it's shifted to the side so I'm staring at boulders and then the game freezes.

Any tips on refining the Boost Up items? (Attack, HP, PP and the rest)

DD3K: thanks, fixed typo.
-Pokemon will keep learning moves, since you can only get one of each pokemon, it didn't seem fair to have stoned evolutions not learn new attacks.
-yep, just checked and natu bait spot is glitched.
-Oh. the leon flashback glitch. AAAhhh... Several people were reporting that the flashback was freezing, and I couldn't find out why. Just realised it's freezing because that flashback location is a reminant of older versions which was meant to be deleted. There's a cut bush near the front of oak's house, you can reach him via that way.
-Here's some general refining tips:

the higher the pokemon's stage, the better the junk item it drops (ie: pidgey drops shear feathers, while pidgeotto drops feather coats, and pidgeot drops bird wings)

shear feather is a rank [1]
feather coat is rank [2]
bird wings is rank [3]
>some pokemon don't have evolutions, but still drop higher ranked items depending on their level.

you can refine 3 of a junk item to refine it into a higher ranked junk.
eg: three rank [1] junks refine into one rank [2] junk.

Drop rates are determined by both the rank of the junk item and the level of the pokemon.
rank 1 have drop rate of [4 * level of enemy pokemon]%
rank 2 have drop rate of [2 * level of enemy pokemon]%
rank 3 have drop rate of [1 * level of enemy pokemon]%

So you want to fight higher levelled pokemon if you want higher drop rates.

the wild pokemon aren't really all that strong in routes so far. Mt Atlas would have some relatively strong pokemon, so that'd be your best bet in terms of drop rates.

Heyo it's me again. Playing though the new patch. I spotted something flipping though Elm's notes, for Necro it states at the end "Has a affinity of Electric and _______" it's blank at the end, is that intentional? or a bug? If it's been posted already, respect to that poster.

Also if this is also mentioned, respect to that poster. But the Houndoor battle I think glitched? Upon intro to the battle it wasn't there, game froze for a few, then auto victory.
DD3K: didn't know about the first one, fixed that.
As for the second one, there's a few "late game" corrupted pokemon who I havent created the wild encounter for. Had to cut to get the demo done on time. It'll be fixed new version.

This game is really amazing. I've only just started and gotten entered the cave, but I'm already entranced. The gameplay reminds me of Chrono Trigger (haven't played any FF games, sadly), and all the quests are fun to do between actually progressing the storyline, which I like. Your rival is hilarious and the graphics fit the game well. The only thing that has bothered me so far is the TMs. It didn't click in my mind that the different Eevee forms were actually different forms because of the different nicknames, so I was really confused when I didn't have the TM moves on Vaporeon that I put on Jolteon. I also must be missing something, because I didn't see any indication on whether a TM would work on a particular pokemon or not and I had to rely on previous knowledge for that.

DD3K:
Thank you for your kind words, nice to see you're enjoying it :)
as for the TMs, yeah, eeveelutions are essentially treated as seperate entites, so have their own movesets. which can be an annoyance, but had to be there for balance reasons, or else every form of eevee will be too OP. basically carrying every elemental attack.

I've been having an annoying problem, the only key that seems to be working is the alt key which baffles the hell out of me. Did i get unlucky and get two bad downloads, yes i tired to redownload just to make sure. Or am I missing an obvious note on the read me file?

DD3K:
Very strange. It's likely not the download, the game runs on an old engine, and there's a fair bit of compatibility errors with some computers. A few people before said they had control problems before, and im not sure what could be causing it :(

I'm also experiencing a bug with my version of SPEE. I can't press the down arrow on my keyboard to select "Continue." I've already checked that it wasn't my keyboard seeing that I could scroll down using the down arrow. My bike keeps toggling on and off and it seems that I can't fix it. Has anyone else experienced this bug?
DD3K: like diamon, im not sure what could be causing it. :(

Very good! Needs more Eevee, though.
DD3K: If you are reffereing to dialouge between Gold and Eevee, then I agree and is something i'm gonna be doing in future versions to have characters acknowledge Eevee's existance a bit more during the story.

I have checked the document with the bugs that have been already reported and i didnt find it.

This bug is simple , when you complete the sidequest in Magnus city that the engineer asks you to do after beating team rocket (reactivating the terminal). And you go to talk to him , he will give you the Thunder Wave TM and 500$ , the bug is that if you talk to him again , the same conversation will happen and you will get another 500$ + the TM , so this ends up in infinite cash and infinite Thunder waves. Nobody has noticed it?
It still works even if you leave the city and enter again.

DD3K: yeah, a few people have said about that one. fixed for next version, so abuse it while you can :)

PS: Amazing game , i will replay it plenty of times when the New Game+ feature is live. The best thing of the game is Gold's personality , so badass and bossy in a good way. And I've always loved 2nd Gen. Looking foward for 0.731

DD3K: Thanks! I like having fun with the dialouge in the game, and it's good to see people enjoy it. It's especially hard to come up with a likable main character.
New Game+ will be really cool, especially with the new options allowing you to keep your pokemon at their current levels. Which will be handy for training up new teams of pokemon.

PS2: In the postgame of the beta i am trying to collect stuff to get the TM surf , will i need the 5th badge or surfing in the game will be done with an item (boat) like cut works?

DD3K: Yep, you'll get a surfboard item later in the game which will act like HM surf. Basically; HM's don't exist. They're replaced by items.
Axe = Cut
Pickaxe = Rocksmash
Surfboard = Surf
etc.

PS3: Another bug: In Ventus city , if you go north to the Academy garden , the signal post in the academy placed left to the door vanishes when entering the garden , and reappears when coming back to the city. Also the signal post placed right to the door has no text on it.

DD3K: cool, fixed

PS4: Another bug: When you use Sweet Scent , everytime you walk 1 step , a very noisy unfitting sound reproduces. This can end up in earrape if you go in the bike.

DD3K: oh, that actually sounds awful. fixed

PS5: A weird bug: When my chikorita evolved into bayleef , his name changed to bayleef. But when it evolved into Meganium it kept the old name (bayleef).

DD3K: Oh yep. Fixed. If you have a nametag, you can go to the storage box and rename your meganium to what it should be.

PS6 : A graphical error : Check the attachment

DD3K: strange... I'll see what i can do about that one.

Is there any easy way to have limit breaks back? Like taking files from the earlier versions and using them?
I really liked limit breaks and it's kinda sad to see them gone, even though they were a bit over powered and relied on luck..

DD3K: No unfortunately. it didn't really make that much sense to have limitbreaks.
BUT, 0.7b will re-introduce the cheat system, and I will make a cheat code which will re-enable limitbreaks.

Bug found: If you go to Oak's house the long way from Aurum town (not cutting through the tree) you will fall asleep and have the same flashback as earlier in the game about meeting Leon, the flashback ends halfway and the game freezes.

DD3K: fixed

Another bug found: When you try to equip junk to Lotad, he has two different lists of items. So basically I can't equip him with two same pieces of junk.

DD3K: fixed. just don't give lotad any stat up items or TMs cause
it'll autofix when you transfer your save to 0.7b by resetting lotad. resetting it's stats and moveset to the level it's at.

If I evolve my shroomish will it still learn spore/poison powder?
Same question for pokemon that evolve via elemental stones, will they learn their lower form's moves?
And for nidorino, if I wait level 60 to evolve it, can it still obtain thrash, earthquake and mega horn, all moves that only nidoking learns?

DD3K: there's two general rules of thumb: evolving early doesn't limit movesets. evolved pokemon will still learn attacks. this includes evolution stones. Each fully evolved pokemon has 15 attacks it can learn through level up. So you don't need to worry about that.

The other is that when a pokemon evolves, it'll retroactively learn all the level-up attacks it would have.

So if you to nidoking at level 16 -> nidoking will still learn attacks.
if you wait/evolve nidoking at level 60 -> nidoking will automatically learn the older attacks.

Hey there, I like the idea with the house, is it in the the current beta? And, what the easiest way to level up ALL of your pokemon in this game?

DD3K: the current house system allows you to fast-travel and change battle music and not much else.

As for levelling; there's two things that'll help.

the Reserve Team function that you unlock in Ch3. It'll allow you to carry 2 teams of pokemon, meaning 7 pokemon in total (4 in a time in battle). But the important thing is that all 7 pokemon gain EXP. The ones in battle gaining full EXP, and the reserve team gaining half EXP. This will allow you to raise pokemon a lot faster.

the other thing is the Balance Band, which Crystal(blue haired chick) gives you in chapter 4. It's an item which you can equip to eevee.
if you do, then battle exp will be siphoned to the lowest level pokemon. so, out of the 4 pokemon participating in battle; three will not gain any EXP, while the lowest level one will gain 4x EXP. *The reserve team of pokemon are not effected by the balance band. they'll gain their standard 1/2 exp rate.

very, very useful if you want a new, low level pokemon to your team.

I've just finished the current beta and this game is amazing !

I have lots of items I got from defeating pokemon and I have no idea what they're for. Can you make a tutorial or something for these items ? Are they for refining ? For selling ? I rarely need to use potions and ethers in battles anyway.

DD3K: Thanks!, enemies often drop items which can be equiped to increase stats OR these items can be refined to make new equipment, stat increasing items, healing, or even TMs.
A tutorial for it is definitely long overdue. And is something that i'll start working on in later versions.

Huh? Is this game, well... Dead? I haven't seen any updates since November.;-;
DD3K: Definitely not dead. I've just been busy working on my other project. and been busy with life and stuff.

I have a tendency to burn out on SPEE after releasing a new demo, which makes me unproductive as all hell. so I've been mainly working on my other project.

Now i've just released a new demo of my other project, and am feeling burnt out on that, so i've switched back to SPEE again :), so updates should be more frequent.

I'm here To report A major Bug When I Finished the third chapter and gone to the fourth chapter the save file imploded and i lost everything it said that there wasn't enough data to start the stream or something also the chill tm teaches you blaze so can you fix the bug because i really like the game and i don't want to play it knowing that i will lose everything
DD3K: Yikes! that really sucks. save errors are hard to replicate, and harder to fix.
The best bet is to constantly have multiple saves. rotating between 2-3 files is good practise.

DOOD!!! Okay First of all... EPIC GAME! It brings the graphics bring back old memories, which in my opinion is good to have in a game, Ive played this game and have experienced nothing wrong with it... Except being addicted to it. I support you, and not rushing you for updates but take your time this game is a must play :) Best of luck, sir...
DD3K: Thank you :D I hope to have some solid updates soon

Last edited:
Years

Thanks for your response , i expected you to take a break because of christmas, glad you will come back to spee now.

As a side note: Do you plan on adding more languages to this game? I suppose that if you do so , it'll rather happen when the game is finished. If this however, is not the case, i volunteer to make a translation to Spanish and keep updating the translation as the game keeps updating.

Just tell me if you think its a good idea.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
i do have 2 things one is that you can never skip a pokemon to another pokemon via final fantasy iv turn i just wanted to ask if there was a possible way you could add that in.
also you can't change rows with your pokemon outside of battle

DarkDoom3000

Years
I'm working on a few databasing stuff and modifications.But the main two things right now is getting the Shinification feature up and running AND Fixing TM compatibility

You may or may not realise that TM compatibility is a bit broken. Some pokemon can learn the moves they should be able to, while others, such as nidoran F's family- can't learn any TMs at all.

This wasn't a high priority initially, because it only effected a small handful of pokemon. But because I'm adding in "signification", if I don't fix the TM problem, then the shiny versions of all pokemon won't be able to learn TMs. [80% done]

--
Also, I want to ask a question... do you think it would be a good idea to combine the pokedex and the stat sensor?

Basically: use a pokedex
-all pokemon in battle added to pokedex.
-displays stats of next enemy attacked.

It seems like it would make battles much less frustrating if you can see the enemy HP. And since I can't actually add HP bars, I added the stat sensor. but it's sorta clunky having to stock up on Stat sensors. And the Pokedex is useless outside of completion's sake. So combining them seems like an interesting idea.

--

Thanks for your response , i expected you to take a break because of christmas, glad you will come back to spee now.

As a side note: Do you plan on adding more languages to this game? I suppose that if you do so , it'll rather happen when the game is finished. If this however, is not the case, i volunteer to make a translation to Spanish and keep updating the translation as the game keeps updating.

Just tell me if you think its a good idea.

Yes- PM'd!

i do have 2 things one is that you can never skip a pokemon to another pokemon via final fantasy iv turn i just wanted to ask if there was a possible way you could add that in.
also you can't change rows with your pokemon outside of battle
The "row" command is a practically useless command that's a reminant of the engine im using. You could use that as a sort of "skip turn" option. I'll probably just rename Row to Skip Turn in the next version.

Also, I think you're talking about changing your pokemon positions, you can actually do that via the Pokemon Center's computer. There should be an option named "rearrange pokemon" or something like that.

Yey! Dark is back! I thoughtI'd never see updates, guess I was just too impatient..
Nah, not too impatient, i've just been slow. :)

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Also, I want to ask a question... do you think it would be a good idea to combine the pokedex and the stat sensor?

It seems like it would make battles much less frustrating if you can see the enemy HP. And since I can't actually add HP bars, I added the stat sensor. but it's sorta clunky having to stock up on Stat sensors. And the Pokedex is useless outside of completion's sake. So combining them seems like an interesting idea.

That actually sounds like a good idea. I say go for it.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years

that sounds like a pretty cool idea I'd be all for it

DarkDoom3000

Years
How about adding something were you can check exactly what a Pokemon might drop when defeated?

ah, yes. I had actually planned to expand the Pokedex by having their item drops listed on their pokedex entries. but I had forgotten to finish it, I think the first five pokemon have it listed (bulbasaur-charmeleon).

I've also been planning to make a dedicated "Guides/FAQ" page on the website, where you'll be able to find resources for the game. Including FAQ/Walkthroughs, Refining, Pokemon Locations, etc. I hope to have it avalaible near when 7b is done. I'm wonder whether I should just include the guides with the game too, since they'd just be text files, they'd hardly be large.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
You may or may not realise that TM compatibility is a bit broken.

I'm embarrassed to say that I never even noticed.

That sounds like a wonderful idea, half the time I forget my Pokedex exists due to how infrequently I use it in this game, and I never liked using Stat sensors so unless it was a boss, I never bothered.

Although just to be clear does that mean if you scan a Pidgey once, all Pidgey's would have their health shown from than on right.

I am really hoping you say yes, because than trying to complete the Pokedex would be a lot more fun.

Nah, not too impatient, i've just been slow. :)
I think you are being a tad to harsh on yourself, but I am happy to see you focusing on Super Pokemon Eevee again. :)

I'm wonder whether I should just include the guides with the game too, since they'd just be text files, they'd hardly be large.
I think that would be a good idea, some people like me don't have internet at home so it would be helpful.

Years
Found a weird bug , hopefully not already reported.

Check the attachments , both pics were taken at the same time without changing anything.

The thing is that I just had refined my 2/2 Vibrant flowers onto Giga Drain when below the first [T] the next [T] became accesible , for my suprise with the same inputs and outputs. More strange is that one says I have 0/2 and the other says i have 1/2. And also one says Giga drain is 120! , 80% and Absorb while the other says 150! , 95% and No absorb.

My guess is that the names are wrong , and the inputs are actually 2x TM Giga Drain , while the output is Petal dance

Spoiler:

PS2 : Another refining bug or misspell , check in the attachments how Thunder and Zap cannon have the exact same stats yet you need 2 zap cannons to get 1 thunder.

PS3 : "Game breaking glitch" I hope its not intended. In the attachment you can see how you can trap yourself so you cant exit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
This has happened to me twice now... and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My data keeps vanishing. I don't quite understand how or why it does it... any explanation?

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
PS2 : Another refining bug or misspell , check in the attachments how Thunder and Zap cannon have the exact same stats yet you need 2 zap cannons to get 1 thunder.

PS3 : "Game breaking glitch" I hope its not intended. In the attachment you can see how you can trap yourself so you cant exit.

Yeah, I don't think they are bugs in the refining, more a lack of effort in correcting what I'd assume to be copy paste for the descriptions.

I think there is a fix somewhere for the trap, I reported that maybe an hour after the latest version came out when it got me. But that was a while ago now, not 100% sure where it is.

DarkDoom3000

Years
TM Compatibility Fixed
So now TMs will all work. I'll also be posting a TM compatibility list so you can see which pokemon can learn specific TMs.

-----

Shiny Form

I've been making some good progress on the new Shiny Form feature.

Sz0K7I2.png

Much like in the normal pokemon games, you can encounter shiny pokemon. The Pokedex has a special feature, which, when used, will take the shiny Pokemon's... "shininess". The enemy pokemon will turn into a normal coloured pokemon, and the Pokedex will generate a Shiny Orb

If you talk to oak when you have a shiny orb, he'll allow you to turn a fully evolved pokemon into it's shiny form. You'll be able to change that pokemon from normal to shiny without cost from that point on.

Most shiny Pokemon won't actually resemble their official shiny sprites. I've taken liberties to give them more interesting colour choices.

-Find Shiny Pokemon
-Use Pokedex
-Defeat Shiny Pokemon
-Talk to Oak
-Make one of your pokemon look FABULOUS!

I'll go in more detail in a later update, but feel free to ask about it, and anything else.

Speaking of which..

-----

Frequently Asked Questions
I want to add a FAQ section to the website, where common questions will be answered. this game has a lot of systems/features that are unique to it compared to other pokemon games, as such, I want to keep them informed.

So, here's where you guys come in. I need your help to find questions to answer. Because i know the game inside out, I don't know what people would find confusing. Post any question, whether it be about the mechanics, the story, or whatever.

Here are some I thought of....

>How does the Suprise Battle work?
Spoiler:

>What does a house do?
Spoiler:

>Does fairy type exist?
Spoiler:

>Why are the graphics old?
Spoiler:

>How can eevee switch evolutions?
Spoiler:

>How do I evolve trade evolution Pokemon?
Spoiler:

>Where do I find a moon stone?
Spoiler:

>How does refining work?
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm embarrassed to say that I never even noticed.
DD3K: No need to be, it only really effected a handful of pokemon anyway. Nidoran F being one which couldn't learn any TM. but it's fixed now. yay!

That sounds like a wonderful idea, half the time I forget my Pokedex exists due to how infrequently I use it in this game, and I never liked using Stat sensors so unless it was a boss, I never bothered.

Although just to be clear does that mean if you scan a Pidgey once, all Pidgey's would have their health shown from than on right.

I am really hoping you say yes, because than trying to complete the Pokedex would be a lot more fun.
Thanks, here's how the new pokedex would work: if you use the pokedex in battle, then all the enemy pokemon will be added to the pokedex, And the next enemy that's attacked will have their main stats displayed. like how the stat-sensor works now.

if you use the pokedex outside of battle, you'll be able to view scanned entries, which includes their discription, location and item drops.

Found a weird bug , hopefully not already reported.

Check the attachments , both pics were taken at the same time without changing anything.

The thing is that I just had refined my 2/2 Vibrant flowers onto Giga Drain when below the first [T] the next [T] became accesible , for my suprise with the same inputs and outputs. More strange is that one says I have 0/2 and the other says i have 1/2. And also one says Giga drain is 120! , 80% and Absorb while the other says 150! , 95% and No absorb.

My guess is that the names are wrong , and the inputs are actually 2x TM Giga Drain , while the output is Petal dance

DD3K: Yep, your guess is correct :) /fixed

Spoiler:

DD3K: Yep, you're correct, it's a typo, thunder does 350 damage.

DD3K: Hmm, It's gamebreaking, but you can avoid it. BUT- I had fixed that glitch, you might have a slightly older version. try redownload the game from the mediafire link

This has happened to me twice now... and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My data keeps vanishing. I don't quite understand how or why it does it... any explanation?
Have you unzipped the folder? that would probably screw up the saving. Otherwise, it might be your security suite sandboxing the game.

Yeah, I don't think they are bugs in the refining, more a lack of effort in correcting what I'd assume to be copy paste for the descriptions.

I think there is a fix somewhere for the trap, I reported that maybe an hour after the latest version came out when it got me. But that was a while ago now, not 100% sure where it is.
Yep, you're correct, I copy and paste the refining nodes and modify the required item, product, ratios and discription. Though due to the vast amount of refining nodes, I make mistakes here and there, which is why sometimes you get some buggy refining.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
I'm not quite sure what happened, I was waiting for the new update and when I went to go check my save file it was gone.

Back