• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Arceus

pkmin3033

Gen IV introduced Arceus, named as the "Original One" who created at least Sinnoh and the spinoff region Ransei, as well as the Creation Trio and the Lake Guardians. There are implications that it created the entire Pokemon Universe too, and to date no other Legendary has been presented as a creator deity. It remains an event-exclusive Pokemon, only being found legitimately in DPPt (and then only through illegimate means) and has remained conspicuously absent from other titles since its introduction.

What are your thoughts and feelings about Arceus? Was it a good idea to introduce a Pokemon as a Creator Deity? Does it still live up to this image now, several years later? And, in hypothetical DPPt remakes, would you like to see it feature in an expanded role?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
240px-493Arceus.png

Gen IV introduced Arceus, named as the "Original One" who created at least Sinnoh and the spinoff region Ransei, as well as the Creation Trio and the Lake Guardians. There are implications that it created the entire Pokemon Universe too, and to date no other Legendary has been presented as a creator deity. It remains an event-exclusive Pokemon, only being found legitimately in DPPt (and then only through illegimate means) and has remained conspicuously absent from other titles since its introduction.

What are your thoughts and feelings about Arceus? Was it a good idea to introduce a Pokemon as a Creator Deity? Does it still live up to this image now, several years later? And, in hypothetical DPPt remakes, would you like to see it feature in an expanded role?

Personally I like him and thought that collecting his personal items around Sinnoh and their inscriptions was nice touch. Probably even more if it hadn't been an event to start with. The battle music and setting intense and if remakes happen I hope Arceus gets the Deoxys treatment.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I thought Arceus was a really nice and interesting concept - like a real 'Pokemon God' for humans and Pokemon alike. It sparked controversy sure, like with the Pokemon Mew (did Mew create Arceus?) but still a relatively cool pokemon nontheless. I think it being only being an event for DDPPL keeps its exclusivity which people love.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I have a Japanese Arceus which activates events in HeartGold / SoulSilver which I would be gutted if I lost after losing nearly all my other Gen IV event legends pre-dating them games.

I liked the idea of a deity pokémon - considering how with Kyogre / Groudon we'd already hit on some creation myths (the idea of there being something causing floods / earthquakes is prominent in so many ancient civilisations) it seemed like an inevitable next step.

Personally I like him and thought that collecting his personal items around Sinnoh and their inscriptions was nice touch. Probably even more if it hadn't been an event to start with. The battle music and setting intense and if remakes happen I hope Arceus gets the Deoxys treatment.

Oh you have no idea how much it frustrates me that Deoxys is available in the remakes as I can't really afford to buy a 3DS just for the new pokémon I'd then also buy. I'm curious though, so it's part of the game so someone buying in the future could get it?

I thought Arceus was a really nice and interesting concept - like a real 'Pokemon God' for humans and Pokemon alike. It sparked controversy sure, like with the Pokemon Mew (did Mew create Arceus?) but still a relatively cool pokemon nontheless. I think it being only being an event for DDPPL keeps its exclusivity which people love.

The cynic in me hopes somewhere in the U.S. some of the crazies burnt copies of the games because of it :P

I didn't realise it hadn't been released in subsequent generations but it makes it extra special I guess. I also never really understood people not being able to reconcile the existence of both Arceus and Mew - Mew as ancestor and Arceus as creator makes a lot of sense to me as my schools still stuck loosely to the idea of being "Church of England" schools so we had occasional visits by vicars and they seemed perfectly willing to attempt to rationalise the idea of God with the facts of evolution. I guess some wouldn't get that due to different lived experiences

pkmin3033

I would actually love to see an Alpha Episode in DPPt remakes similar to the Delta Episode in ORAS - perhaps even serving as a sequel of sorts - where you got to encounter Arceus at the end...I cheated and accessed the Hall of Origin in my original Diamond save, and I'd love to see that with Sun/Moon visuals on the 3DS. I'd love to see Arceus' little ceremony to make one of the Creation Trio in HGSS with those visuals too...that was very weird.

Diamond's Pokedex entry has always bothered me a little though:

"It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms."

...1000 arms? Is this a metaphor, or perhaps we could see an alternate forme of Arceus in the future that could actually have arms? :o

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
I have a Japanese Arceus which activates events in HeartGold / SoulSilver which I would be gutted if I lost after losing nearly all my other Gen IV event legends pre-dating them games.

I liked the idea of a deity pokémon - considering how with Kyogre / Groudon we'd already hit on some creation myths (the idea of there being something causing floods / earthquakes is prominent in so many ancient civilisations) it seemed like an inevitable next step.

Oh you have no idea how much it frustrates me that Deoxys is available in the remakes as I can't really afford to buy a 3DS just for the new pokémon I'd then also buy. I'm curious though, so it's part of the game so someone buying in the future could get it?

I know how you feel being in the same position because of Sun and Moon now. Yes, there shouldnt be any issues. You just need to do the Delta episode in order to encounter it, no Tickets or strings attached.

Years
In my mind it's a really prestigious Pokemon and certainly one of the rarest in the Pokemon universe. The idea of it being a 'creator' seems a bit OP for me, but the fact you can only get it in DPP makes it seem all the more special and tbh I wouldn't mind seeing it appear in any potential remakes, I think it's about time.

Years
I really like the concept, but Game Freak didn't bring it out properly. There was no big mentions of Arceus in the story, and it was never involved in the storyline. They also never released its event, making it impossible to get.

At least we could get it using the DP void glitch.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I love Arceus. I have wholeheartedly accepted him as the lord, saviour and creator of the Pokémon universe - it's my second favourite legendary actually. I wish there was a way to legitimately get into the Hall of Origin, that place gives me shivers; the music, the stairway to the sky, the glass platform on which you meet God... I hope that the DP remakes will have some Delta Episode-esque thing for Arceus, with more lore and more epicness.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
They should have released the event item. The explanation they gave is completeley ridiculous. But Arceus itself is definitely an awesome Pokémon, it should defnitely appear as an event in ONE of the next games, such an important mon and yet it didn't get the attention it would deserve.

Years
I think Arceus is one of the most interesting things about gen 4. For me the Arceus and the Jewel of Life movie was a glimpse into a deeper and at times darker part of history of the Pokemon universe.

I'd be interested in seeing a more defined religion in the Pokemon world. We constantly hear of legends of Pokemon who protected ancient civilizations or in the case of Arceus was the creator of all life, yet generally its treated as a footnote in history that only a select few people are really knowledgeable about, a remnant of an inscription stumbled upon in a cave. However, I think the Pokemon world could alternatively be presented as a polytheistic society, where seeing priests or priestess devoted to the legendary Pokemon of the region would be as common as seeing salesmen, nurse joy or a police officer. I'd like to in game be able to enter a busy temple for Arceus with beautiful artwork, where I could handle ancient artifacts for a ceremony and read from a great library, listen to NPCs sing songs.

Certainly I would like to see DPPt remakes with an expanded role for Arceus.

Years
Well, for me, this Pokemon gave the idea of having a God to believe in in those series in general, kinda nice touch. Arceus itself is quite a powerful one, and its ability is the one of a kind. To think of it, Arceus shouldn't be even considered as a catchabe Pokemon, it's an in-game deity.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Arceus is a favorite of mine from gen four. Love to see it in DP remakes. However, considering how it is said to be a deity, i don't see it appearing. Maybe Darkrai would have a role?

Back