• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree with Xander on this one. Also the dolls fit in too.
Plus the japanese mascot event going on as well for the aniversity...hope they make one for us international players... (also it seems a bit ironic that they have Kyogre for White2 while it's red and vise versa for Groudon and Black 2...yin yang ness I guess).
Though I don't remember them doing anything special for RG's 10th...for Gs we got remakes, and Rs we get wi-fi event, dolls, and mascots for a chrismas tournament.
Something I find unusual is that they don't have a Rayquaza event despite it being in the doll trio and the tournament...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Stop saying Lugia/Ho-oh were in Colosseum/FRLG/E. The time difference matters.
If theyd release GS remakes right after FRLG, there would no way have been Lugia/Ho-oh in those games.

We don't have rayquaza because it was already given away twice this year.

And because its RS aniv not E.

Last edited:

Years
Than why include Rayquaza in the promotions?
Btw the bird trio was in Pt and later HgSs despite it already being available in the aforementioned game. I imagine the Regis are the same as well as Latios/Latias interestingly the Latis got the opposite treatment as the bird trio, going from region wondering to limited to one location.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Also RS used stones of the same colors as the international RB, which interestingly B2W2 also use said colors in their logos with crystals no doubt...I remember some though pt was going to be pt to make it the reverse of the Gen II games theme and when it came true they used that as a hint for Johto remakes...

No.., The first games are Red and Green however Red and Blue in US, some people still don't know this..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No.., The first games are Red and Green however Red and Blue in US, some people still don't know this..

Gamefreak acknowledges that the firsts are red and blue internationally and so does TPC. Blue was also the real third game in japan so red/green/blue has always represented first generation. That's why those three specific colors have very little meaning or stands for 2 things.

Ironically, if you think about it (and this was prolly said when ruby/sapphire were released) gen 3 was prolly hints for gen 1 remakes themselves being the same colors as the original set. A little farfetched but nothing as bad as half of stuff said here and in grey's speculation. XD

Years
^ Lol I mentioned that in the post Hyperhydra quoted.

Also the return to colors of BW bring things full circle... especialy seeing how the latest in White (2) forming the Pokeball colors. Speaking of Pokeballs the dreamball seems to me like it has some blue and pink (rubies vary from right to pinkish) like how the Parkball was said to be similar to the GS ball and had the games colors.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Well not every red/ blue color is a R/S hint, Steven says in B2W2: Emerald can be mined in Driftviel City?!, this is most likely Emerald remake hint or at least Hoenn remakes, I mean why he didn't say any other stone but Emerald? is this a coincidence?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well not every red/ blue color is a R/S hint, Steven says in B2W2: Emerald can be mined in Driftviel City?!, this is most likely Emerald remake hint or at least Hoenn remakes, I mean why he didn't say any other stone but Emerald? is this a coincidence?

Actually yes its a coincidence cause there are green emerald like crystals in Driftvell, though that has very little to do with game. Steven is a rock collector, emeralds are a precious stone. No surprise he'd be into it. If they were to drop hints it would be about the games that started the generation as they are the original games for the generation.

Years
As much as I would love to see an Emerald remake, I don't think they will release that one game unless it had a sister game. Ruby and Sapphire may or may not come out next year. Personally I hope we do see them next year. But if not then that's fine to.

Not to mention the events being considered evidence against or not against should be considered invalid. They don't mean anything for new games. Events are made for one thing and one thing only, in order to catch all the Pokemon. Groudon, Kyogre's, and Rayquaza's releases over Wi-Fi is just to help complete the national Pokedex for those new to Pokemon.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
We know we're getting RS remakes by the end of Gen VI due to the DSi/3DS not being able to play GBA carts, but we don't know which generation they will be in.

My best guess to the release schedule at this point, going by Japanese release dates, is:

Summer/Fall 2013: RS remakes (DS)
Fall 2014: Gen VI paired versions (3DS)
Fall 2015: Gen VI third version or sequels (3DS)
Spring 2016: RG remakes (3DS) - 20th anniversary
Fall 2016: DP remakes (3DS) - 10th anniversary
Fall 2018: Gen VII paired versions ("4DS")

I doubt Game Freak has anything planned out longer than that.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
We know we're getting RS remakes by the end of Gen VI due to the DSi/3DS not being able to play GBA carts, but we don't know which generation they will be in.

My best guess to the release schedule at this point, going by Japanese release dates, is:

Summer/Fall 2013: RS remakes (DS)
Fall 2014: Gen VI paired versions (3DS)
Fall 2015: Gen VI third version or sequels (3DS)
Spring 2016: RG remakes (3DS) - 20th anniversary
Fall 2016: DP remakes (3DS) - 10th anniversary
Fall 2018: Gen VII paired versions ("4DS")

I doubt Game Freak has anything planned out longer than that.

I doubt they even have half of that planned out.
They might have vague plans in the background sure, but they probably don't actually take them into serious consideration until the time when they will get around actually developing them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I just want it to be February so we can put the speculation to rest as to whether it'll be the next game or not. If a new Pokemon is revealed, well then we'd all know its Gen VI next. If we are getting Gen VI next though, I do expect the announcement to be in January like they did for Gen V.

For HG/SS, were Johto legendaries featured in a movie to promote the games release that year? I don't follow the movies too much so I'm not sure, since I'm thinking that if somehow R/S remakes are next year - then the legendaries might be in the movie.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I just want it to be February so we can put the speculation to rest as to whether it'll be the next game or not. If a new Pokemon is revealed, well then we'd all know its Gen VI next. If we are getting Gen VI next though, I do expect the announcement to be in January like they did for Gen V.

I have a feeling people would contnue believing there could still be RSE remakes before gen VI even after we see a new pokemon.

For HG/SS, were Johto legendaries featured in a movie to promote the games release that year? I don't follow the movies too much so I'm not sure, since I'm thinking that if somehow R/S remakes are next year - then the legendaries might be in the movie.

There were Chikrita/Cyndaquil/Totodile in it, along with a spiky-eared Pichu.
The 2 events they gave out along with it were both known to unlock stuff in HGSS:
-Shiny Pichu, which brought to Ilex forest amde a spiky-eared Pichu join your party
-Arceus, which brought to Ruins of Alph activates the Shinto ruins event

But the main point is that the star was Arceus, a yet unrevealed gen IV legendary, whereas all gen V events were already given out in summer.

Last edited:
Years
I've been wondering this for awhile, do we know who makes the Pokeball? Because there's this guy in White 2 and black 2, who asks where Pokeballs are made, which i'm thinking of could be a hint for either a remake of Hoenn or Kanto. I'm saying Hoenn or Kanto because both regions have big companies that produce Pokemon products such as Pokeballs.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I've been wondering this for awhile, do we know who makes the Pokeball? Because there's this guy in White 2 and black 2, who asks where Pokeballs are made, which i'm thinking of could be a hint for either a remake of Hoenn or Kanto. I'm saying Hoenn or Kanto because both regions have big companies that produce Pokemon products such as Pokeballs.

It's Sliph Co or Devon Corp.

Devon makes more unique pokéballs though: repeat ball, luxury ball, timer ball etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back