• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
then the official manual is wrong because the issue has been for many days!!!

DON'T LIE!!!! it has been MANY DAYS!!!! IT IS STILL OUT OF ENERGY!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME A REAL ANSWER, NOT SOME MADE UP ONE!!!!!! THAT ISN'T A GOOD ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS INCORRECT!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING ME FALSE INFORMATION!!!!! I NEED HELP, NOT SOME ANSWER THAT IS INCORRECT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A REAL ANSWER????????

justinrpg, could you please take a breather and relax. There's no need to yell at people who are trying to help you - try to avoid the capitals and just take a few moments to calm down next time, please.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
then the official manual is wrong because the issue has been for many days!!!

In order to access these features again, you must wait 24 hours or more after saving your game, without changing your Nintendo DS system, the time setting, or the calendar setting.

Please see the underlined text and then the bolded word.

If you are tired of waiting, all you can do is reset your game and start a new Pokemon Dream World account and never touch your clock or calendar ever again. If not, then you have to wait until you can access it. There are no other answers. Those are your only options.

I believe you have to leave your DS off for the entire duration as well. I had that issue with my original black when I reset my time for DLS and it took a week of not playing it for me to get access again. I asked Nintendo directly for help and they said, to wait 24 hours just as it says in the manual.

You also have to save your game AFTER you changed the time. If you never saved, then that is a reason its not resetting.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Does anyone know how to deal with theDSi 052100 error code?? Today I switched one of my wifi connections from WPA to WEP and when trying to connect to it (after manually entering my IP, DSN, etc etc), I get this 052100 error code, and when I check the Nintendo official support page, it says that this is a transmission problem with the router, how can I fix this? Someone please help, it's really frustrating and I'm not able to interact with prople online :(...
Thanks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone know how to deal with theDSi 052100 error code?? Today I switched one of my wifi connections from WPA to WEP and when trying to connect to it (after manually entering my IP, DSN, etc etc), I get this 052100 error code, and when I check the Nintendo official support page, it says that this is a transmission problem with the router, how can I fix this? Someone please help, it's really frustrating and I'm not able to interact with prople online :(...
Thanks.
Not sure how helpful this will be, but I searched "DSi 052100" and got this: http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559578

Cyclone

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Thanks.

Hmm, is there a particular reason you had to put in all the info yourself? Usually you can just tell it to look for the hotspot and it'll give it to you, and you can put in the pass. Cyclone's fix included trying it in the advanced connections; you go to connection no. 4, it's there as an option when you try make a new connection, and try it using that one. I'd again recommend doing just a quick search for the hotspot and then just putting in the password instead of all of that manually; in case you were doing that because the security settings didn't work, do connection 4, if for something else, by all means continue if it is needed.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I filled in the info because at first I got an error saying that my ip could not be located, I went to the nintendo page, looked up on that error and they indicated that I should manually enter my ip, default gateway, etc. etc.
After that I got the current message, the 052100 that I have mentioned above.
I thought the 4th slot was for WPA connections only? However, I tried that with the WEP and I still got an error, saying that my ip could still not be located. I manually entered the details again, and got the error number 052010, which according to Nintendo can be fixed by one of these things: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/wrSetupHelp.jsp
I have not upgraded my firmware, will that help?
This sucks! :((....

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2016
Okay, because I was looking in the GTS and somebody wanted an Archeops Lv9 or lower. I wasn't sure it was possible. Thank you!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Although your question's been answered, I just thought I'd mention that GTS traders are strange and ask for lots of things you can't get legitimately. So if you're ever looking for something you need for your dex or whatever, try using the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread. It's much better than using the crappy GTS. Hope that helps for future reference. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Although your question's been answered, I just thought I'd mention that GTS traders are strange and ask for lots of things you can't get legitimately. So if you're ever looking for something you need for your dex or whatever, try using the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread. It's much better than using the crappy GTS. Hope that helps for future reference. :)
Throw in as well all of the shops that dot the Trade Corner. Quite often you can find someone breeding exactly what you're seeking, and quite often, basic requests can be found for free or little cost as many of these have a full Pokédex already.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hello, I have a question for IV training. Plumpufoof here on the advanced Breeding section, mentions info on IV chain breeding, where he is trying to train a Beldum. Here's what he says:

IVs are not all generated random as you may already know. In fact without using power items your Pokemon will inherit 2 to 5 of it's parents IV's.
The rest are generated randomly.
It is generated with priority like this:
1) Power items
2) One random stat from either parent (Not HP or Def)
3) One random stat from either parent (Not HP)
4) Two random stats from opposite parents
What I don't understand here is that, it does say that the offspring gets 2 to 5 IVs from it's parents, but when it comes to the priority stats listed above, how does it work? Does the offspring ALWAYS get the IV from the power item, then one random stat from either parent (not HP or Def), and so on, I mean, does he get ALL 5 IVs in these order, or if not, is there a chance the offspring can get, let's say, only 3IVs, and skip the IV stat that is favored by the Power Item, then get all three IV stats from the rules above (example, the 1st IV stat is a random from either parent, excluding HP and DEF, the second from either parent, excluding HP, etc.)?
Moving on,
So you would think to put two Power items on to increase the likelihood of getting two good stats. Well not necessarily true. You have 50% chance of either occurring but the likelihood of the other will be randomly assigned as normal.

Here is a personal account of chain IV Breeding using two power Items:
I want a Beldum with at least 30 in Attack and Speed, but I also want bulk in Def and Sp Def as well as HP
HP, Attack, Defence, Special Attack, Special Defence, Speed

Ditto (20, 9, 16, 31, 11, 31) + Beldum (5, 1, 31, 28, 30, 21) = Beldum (9, 9, 31, 16, 30, 31)
Ditto (30, 30, 3, 24, 28, 6) + Beldum (9,9,31,16,30,31) = Beldum ( 30, 30 31, 14, 28, 31)

Of course I did fill up a box and a half of failed babies.
The trick to chain IV breeding, is that when you find a baby with more IVs in all the stats you switch one of the Pokemon out, and give it a new power item (or Everstone).
Not all that difficult once you have the hang of it.

So here's the part that is even more difficult for me to understand, and most important for me.
He has a Ditto (which has to be found with those IVs, right? I mean, Dittos can't be bred :S), and pairs it with Beldum1, giving Beldum2 as an offspring. The baby has received the DEF and SP DEF IV stats from the Beldum parent and the Speed IV stat from Ditto. So I know that I can use one power item to "transmit" one of these stats, but how are the two other stats transmitted? I know this has to do with the priority list mentioned above, but how does it work when you have an egg?
Same thing with the second breed, he got the offspring from the first breed and bred it with another Ditto. How did ALL of his desired stats transfer to the final Beldum?
Can anyone, pleease, help me breaking this down? I'm not a native English speaker, although I do write, read and understand well, but still, I've read the guide several times and had a hard time understanding it 100%... Especially this part.
Thank you very much.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
That is some incredibly lucky breeding. I usually have to fill up 3-4 boxes, at least, using parents similar to those to get good results. This is basically how it works (as close as I can remember):

With 1 power item:
1. Baby's IVs are randomly generated
2. Power item IV is passed
3. 1 random IV from other parent is passed
4. 1 random IV from either parents (that hasn't been passed already) is passed

With no power item:
2. 1 random IV from one parent is passed
3. 1 random IV from the other parent is passed

With 2 power items:
2. 50% chance of one of the power item IVs is passed
3. 1 random IV from other parent (the one that didn't get power item pass) is passed

IV breeding is VERY hit or miss. You can (usually) wind up with boxes and boxes of total crap and very rarely breed what you wanted within a couple of eggs. And the IV passed by one parent can be overwritten by the IV in the same stat passed from the other parent. We in trade corner like to say it's like rolling the lottery. The chances of getting something good is very low. Whenever breeding, you want to get parents with the best IVs possible in order to breed a baby with optimal IVs.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
UH I'M having a problem

Today I tried to battle the trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court , but when I tried to battle one I couldn't. Instead of going into battle, it was the dialogue they said after being defeated.
I change the date on the calendar and the same thing.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT"S WRONG I SHOULD NORMALLY BE ABLE TO BATTLE THEM ONCE A DAY.

HELP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you reset your time or calendar then you lose all time based events for at least 24 hours after saving. You have to leave your game alone for 24 hours minimum before the events allow you to access them again.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nothing time based, that is. So no, you can't battle those trainers until 24 hours has passed. You can still play the game though, don't worry.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
In 5th Generation (currently playing White), is it true that male pokemon can as well transfer their nature to the babies? Do they need to hold an everstone for this? Also, is there a percentage of this happening (just like females had a 50% chance of giving the nature to their offspring in GEN IV), or will this happen for sure??

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In 5th Generation (currently playing White), is it true that male pokemon can as well transfer their nature to the babies? Do they need to hold an everstone for this? Also, is there a percentage of this happening (just like females had a 50% chance of giving the nature to their offspring in GEN IV), or will this happen for sure??

It's only 100% in B2/W2, sadly :( Like in HG/SS it can be either females or males, but the chances of it happening isn't 100% if you give it an Everstone. Everstone only gets you to the 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back