• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spooky

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Since the game has French/European influences, I'd bet that there would be a haunted château. A cemetary also makes sense because Père Lachaise Cemetery is a French cemetery and apparently the world's most visited cemetery (and is supposedly haunted).

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Gen I
Pokemon Tower

Gen II
Johto seems to lack one, as it has the Radio tower xD

Gen III
Mt. Pyre

Gen IV
Old Chateau

Gen V
Haunted mansion

Gen VI?
I think maybe a cemetary since they lack one, I mean like an outside one, not like the Tower or Pyre xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I was gonna say I'd like an actual outdoors cemetery like people have suggested, but when you consider that Pokemon are pets in this world, it makes sense to me that they have these towers dedicated to them. I imagine they made Pokemon and Celestial Tower as specialized Pokemon cemeteries because they're not human, they're pets.
For this game, I wouldn't mind seeing an outside one, even though I feel it makes more sense for a Pokemon cemetery to not resemble a human cemetery, but it would be a nice change of pace.
I have seen outdoors pet cemeteries, so I don't think it would be too out of the ordinary if one were included.
Since the game has French/European influences, I'd bet that there would be a haunted château. A cemetary also makes sense because Père Lachaise Cemetery is a French cemetery and apparently the world's most visited cemetery (and is supposedly haunted).
We have the Old Chateau, filled to the brim with both Ghost Pokémon and human ghosts. Not that another isn't possible, but a cemetery would definitely be more unique.
Gen II
Johto seems to lack one, as it has the Radio tower xD
The House of Memories is in Johto c:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope they chose to do catacombs this time. They could make a huge puzzle out of them...perhaps we'll be required to pass it to advance in the game physically not just a side quest thing like in B2W2. Or at least add the villains into it like with Magma and Aqua at Mt. Pyre. Perhaps a few grunts could flee from a zombie mon...that'll be funny to see.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
What about just a cemetery with no music...and readable tombstones if you press A by touching them. Then, by pressing the tombstones in a certain order(given in the strategy guide or something), you access a secret sidequest where you can obtain a hard-to-get ghost type pokemon through a spooky chain of events.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Travelling through a Ghost Town (actually haunted by ghosts, not just deserted) would be sweet or going through a Tomb that's occupied by dead Pokemon could be cool too. The haunted mansions are getting old, don't want to see them, unless they create a huge interactive mansion that is part of the storyline.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Travelling through a Ghost Town (actually haunted by ghosts, not just deserted) would be sweet or going through a Tomb that's occupied by dead Pokemon could be cool too. The haunted mansions are getting old, don't want to see them, unless they create a huge interactive mansion that is part of the storyline.

omg yes ghost town. I WANT THIS. omg and imagine if someone or an evil team appears out of the darkness and suddenly goes crazy and you get a fright, yeeees please GF! Give us a ghost town. :)

razzbat

dancer
Years
Yeah that would be sick. like a completely abandon town, with a broken down pokemon centre where there isn't even a nurse, the whole town is shouded in mist, the town only appears at night time. this must happen

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Maybe they could have a modern day cemetery theme going on. Think an outdoor setting on a hill, and you can tap A on a coffin and it will bring up (on the top screen) a montage of that Pokemon's life. And after you view one (Maybe the player's mom's favorite pokemon?) the person who owned the deceased pokemon's life you just viewed will give you a ghost scanner which makes the pokemon you just viewed available to be found and caught. There would obviously be only one of each ghost. These ghost pokemon could maybe gain the "Ghost" type, giving Pokemon's first ever triple typed pokemon? I would think this would be really cool. Maybe when you catch all ghost pokemon, all the humans there turn out to all be ghosts and disappear knowing that their pokemon are in safe hands.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe they could have a modern day cemetery theme going on. Think an outdoor setting on a hill, and you can tap A on a coffin and it will bring up (on the top screen) a montage of that Pokemon's life. And after you view one (Maybe the player's mom's favorite pokemon?) the person who owned the deceased pokemon's life you just viewed will give you a ghost scanner which makes the pokemon you just viewed available to be found and caught. There would obviously be only one of each ghost. These ghost pokemon could maybe gain the "Ghost" type, giving Pokemon's first ever triple typed pokemon? I would think this would be really cool. Maybe when you catch all ghost pokemon, all the humans there turn out to all be ghosts and disappear knowing that their pokemon are in safe hands.

Nahh... that wouldn't really be that good imo. I mean they're dead and while ghosts are obv dead, they're not outright dead and I feel like stuff like that should actually stay in the cemetery and shouldn't appear in these games. XD'

Guy

just a guy
Years
Given the likely chance of being set in France, I would love it if they had something like the Catacombs of Paris. A wall of bones and skulls, tombstones with ancient writing, there's so much that can be done with an underground cemetery such as this. And if they can make it as half as eery and haunting as the Catacombs of Paris, then I'd bow down to GameFreak's feet.

...figuratively speaking.

Also, it'd be a great place for the region fossils! Ghost Fossil Pokémon, anyone?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah, the catacombs is a great idea. Its not too out there either. Instead of grave towers, which is slightly morbid in itself if you think about it, we can get a maze of catacombs were Poke-France has been burying their Pokemon. They gave us sewers, so who knows what they're gonna do next.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
i like the cemetery idea, i don't think it should deal with the story though. I personally like it being that creepy feel to the place but no point of it. I love all the creepy places in the games. I would love to see that creepy peaceful place to return.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... a place based off the Catacombs of Paris... would be a great new area for Ghost-type Pokémon to hang out in. Maybe even it could be the place where the Z Snake-like Dragon Legendary Pokémon to hang out in. This would be an excellent idea! It would fit perfectly well into the storyline of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and not to also mention... it's close enough to the Norse Mythology. ;)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hm... a place based off the Catacombs of Paris... would be a great new area for Ghost-type Pokémon to hang out in. Maybe even it could be the place where the Z Snake-like Dragon Legendary Pokémon to hang out in. This would be an excellent idea! It would fit perfectly well into the storyline of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and not to also mention... it's close enough to the Norse Mythology. ;)
That is an excellent thought actually. I can only imagine what sort of underground legendary would be found in a place like the Catacombs of Paris!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Aah paris catacombes. Would be awesome. Although I always wonder where Nintendo puts the line. You know...whats too scary/disturbing for kids. What could make the francise get a higher pegi rating. I think that catacombes could fit. But Im not all that sure. You know a place made of human/pokemon bones may unsettle someone. (I think it would be awesome.) Also I was thinking about an asylum I mean an mental institute. And im not talking about the new ones. Im talking about the medieval types. You know weird machines and devices. Gothic scenery and hallways filled with allthings nasty. :D Although that would propably push the line too much. A ghost town would also be plausible. An outside area filled with ghost (atleast at night) would be awesome. As for zombie pokemon I hope they would make some. :D

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The catacombs now that is a brilliant idea, that i would love to see.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aah paris catacombes. Would be awesome. Although I always wonder where Nintendo puts the line. You know...whats too scary/disturbing for kids. What could make the francise get a higher pegi rating. I think that catacombes could fit. But Im not all that sure. You know a place made of human/pokemon bones may unsettle someone. (I think it would be awesome.) Also I was thinking about an asylum I mean an mental institute. And im not talking about the new ones. Im talking about the medieval types. You know weird machines and devices. Gothic scenery and hallways filled with allthings nasty. :D Although that would propably push the line too much. A ghost town would also be plausible. An outside area filled with ghost (atleast at night) would be awesome. As for zombie pokemon I hope they would make some. :D

A mental institute would be kind of not suited for a Pokemon game imo. Maybe a subliminal one, like an old scientists' lab but that's probably all there will be along those lines lmao.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Yeah I think it would be unsuitable but would be a nice change.(sort of) But I wouldnt mind if it were just a lab. Like a darker version of cinnabar mansion/lab. If the game has a genetics theme then it could be possible. As a sort of "failed experiments" junkyard etc. Since the game is 3D it could be awesome. (the lab setting) Although I would prefer an outside haunting place I suspect they will make it an inside area...again. Or sort of half and half solution like mt.Pyre.

Back