• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating New Trainers (ruby)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Hey guys, got a question, if this isnt the right place, sorry

anyways, when i go to generate the script, i use $0x2E7 (created trainers ID) and then compile, copy, paste to advancemap

when i test the rom, the trainer that appears, is an unnamed trainer with the class swimmer (ID: 010)

any idea on how to get 2E7 to work?
I'm using Firered by the way, and thanks!

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
LOL! Here I was looking for a guide for this, and I wrote one... Man, I need to get my head on straight. Thanks me for the awesome guide.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
The issue with "one letter trainer name"
I had this, turns out you just gotta press backspace and delete all the spaces that are in the name

Such a simple thing, but it took me 15 minutes to figure out

CyanCerulean

Adorables
Years
Okay, so I hate to bump this, but I have a problem that I honestly ddo not understand at all.

So here's the deal, the first time I went through this, it worked perfectly fine, unfortunately I could not change the sprite, but I fixed that.

Now that I try again, with a fixed sprite, it just doesn't work for some reason. I get as far as entering in "2c0" into the box and then entering in the old offset, since a new one isn't given, (this shouldn't be the problem, I did this same thing with the original copy) and then hit OK. All is well, but when I scroll down to the bottom, EUGENE isn't copied, it's just 2B6 with a blank space next to it.

Can somebody please, PLEASE figure this out? I have tried loading it up in a brand new ROM, and it just does the same thing! It might be the program, I'm not sure, but help!

Back