• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Your first impressions

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Its been about two days since the game's launch , so what are your impressions so far?

I have to say for a mobile game it's pretty good. Don't think it will captivate me as much as Pokemon Go did or have the same longevity, but it's still entertaining enough to make me keep coming back. I love interacting with all the gym leaders and characters from the games. Love learning more about their personalities and they and have so much individual depth and character to them. It's taken time to adjust to the battle mechanics considering I'm so used to turn based, but once I got the hang of it, I think I'm starting to like real time battles better. I think Game Freak can take a few notes from this game.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I prefers it to Pokemon Go, but I am not impressed you can't catch a Pokemon and change that Pikachu out (Or give you an option between it and Eevee) for your own character.

Years
I'm not going to compare it to GO because I don't play GO, but at first I honestly didn't expect much. I thought I was going to play it for a few hours and then never touch it again.

Oh, how wrong I was.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
It's a fun little game, I'm enjoying the battle system a lot. It took a bit to get used to but it's more deep than what I thought it would be. It's refreshing and has quite a bit of strategy behind it, you can win battles you're slightly outmatched for if you have a good strategy.
Which Pokemon attacks when is pretty important and it's not simply a matter of spamming supereffective attacks.

Also the care in mentioning little things of the lore for each character is great

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's alright! Wonder how long it'll last and what new content we'll get/future genorisity of gems though. 7% is a good rate, but you're summoning way less than in other games on the other hand, if you're not coughing up money.

Music is good, UI is okay but not without some flaws, the beginning lag and errors at times is annoying - main disappointment is the lack of support for a lot of phone models and particularly 32 bit devices atm. I can manage Dragalia Lost just fine, including COP with 3 other players with four characters each person against a giant moving monster and minions with no noticeable lag, but I can't run PM at all? Uh...

Lore for characters may well be the highlight so far.

Gimme MIror B down the track please. D=

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623
Years
At first I thought the jewels have had some PaytoWin meaning. However, at the moment this is absolutely not the case. I raised all my sync pairs very quickly without even putting in a penny. Now that I'm that far I do not even think about doing it at all. Playing in a team with others is fun. Apart from that, it is very easy to raise all SyncPairs to high level if you repeat the reinforcement training fights over and over again.
At first I thought to myself how I should ever defeat this or that SyncPair ... But the game is very rewarding. At first I did not think it would be so deep and fun. But still more content is needed.
Apart from that, the combat system takes a bit of getting used to. But you can get in quickly.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
I've been enjoying the music a lot, from all the different battle themes remixes to the ambient ones... and yes the game is perfectly "playable" free for now, I hope they keep it like that.

I'm curious what characters and events they will add in the future, the multiplayer is really fun.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
The overall presentation of the game is really nice!
One thing I did not expect was the fleshing out of many of the characters that were just "I'm a gym leader, you need to beat me" up to this point. Not to mention the protagonist characters from the main series games. I particularly like what they did with Rosa, Flannery, Pryce, Bugsy (of all people o.o), Roxanne and Erika.

I do have a bit of gacha game experience (as a F2P player), so luckily I have something to compare it to gameplay-wise.
tl;dr: it's pretty good, but not amazing. Full comparison:
Spoiler:

We'll see how things develop in the future.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 18, 2019
Less entertaining than what I expected. Gacha has been generous with me... Relatively (I curse the second copy of Phoebe) but honestly there are other gacha games that you can get so much more value.

The biggest problem is that I don't see any motivation to read the story, is as generic as a story can be. Just skipping it would be for the best. And don't tell me that it is just a mobile game, there are various gacha with a really good story

I also strongly agree with the comparison. Of LucarioBread

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 27, 2020
The game is alright but I am not a huge fan of the main character. The graphics a really good and I am having fun so far. One of the few flaws is the forgettable characters, I even forgot who was my team again 🤦
However I rate this game with a 8/10

Last edited:

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
First Impressions & Hope for new Future Sync Pairs

Hi, Guys this is Asura here my personal review

i preregestered on the App store when the Trailer went Live i'll admit i Played a lot of Gacha type like Final Fanstasy : Brave Exius, Fire Emblem Heroes and Food Fantasy so my Expecations were Low like "Well... this Better not be like the others games i've played with a Hard Grinding Experince :confused: + plus i'm a Huge Fan of Pokemon since i was kid, basically the kid in me said do it and so i did and waited... till 5 days later after i got an Notification "Pokemon Masters is Available" i installed it :boogie: And to my Surprise i was like ( OMG This actually Fun i can play it F2P:laugh-squinted:) now i'm Totally Enjoying the Game itself along with a Friend from another Game in Marvel Furture Fight, It Blew us Both away :giggle: although... my friend was ahead of me 1st XD i even got Blue a few days ago and i'm still in shocked:nod: my point is The Game is Really Enjoyable whenever your a Hardcore Pokemon fan or Not, its Real time Battle System is Unique but my advice you gotta be quick and Don't really on Autopilot and Now for my Hope for the Beautiful, Champion of Sinnoh to be added as a Sync Pair if anyone is worth it i'm hoping was in the game when i saw the Trailer but.. :irate-stare: No! my heart is shattered Ethan/Gold would be cool with his Cyndaqull What about Diantha with her Gardivior? feel free to share ypur throughts below:wink-right-eye:`

Years
Hi, Guys this is Asura here my personal review

i preregestered on the App store when the Trailer went Live i'll admit i Played a lot of Gacha type like Final Fanstasy : Brave Exius, Fire Emblem Heroes and Food Fantasy so my Expecations were Low like "Well... this Better not be like the others games i've played with a Hard Grinding Experince :confused: + plus i'm a Huge Fan of Pokemon since i was kid, basically the kid in me said do it and so i did and waited... till 5 days later after i got an Notification "Pokemon Masters is Available" i installed it :boogie: And to my Surprise i was like ( OMG This actually Fun i can play it F2P:laugh-squinted:) now i'm Totally Enjoying the Game itself along with a Friend from another Game in Marvel Furture Fight, It Blew us Both away :giggle: although... my friend was ahead of me 1st XD i even got Blue a few days ago and i'm still in shocked:nod: my point is The Game is Really Enjoyable whenever your a Hardcore Pokemon fan or Not, its Real time Battle System is Unique but my advice you gotta be quick and Don't really on Autopilot and Now for my Hope for the Beautiful, Champion of Sinnoh to be added as a Sync Pair if anyone is worth it i'm hoping was in the game when i saw the Trailer but.. :irate-stare: No! my heart is shattered Ethan/Gold would be cool with his Cyndaqull What about Diantha with her Gardivior? feel free to share ypur throughts below:wink-right-eye:`

Moved your thread to an existing one since we have a first impressions thread active already. =)

Diantha will be coming at some point in the near future I'm sure, her and Gardevoir are already on the cover! So we'll definitely see her. I'd like Gold/Ethan too. And Silver. <3 What do you think of the idea of adding villains to the game, like Giovanni etc?

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Moved your thread to an existing one since we have a first impressions thread active already. =)

Diantha will be coming at some point in the near future I'm sure, her and Gardevoir are already on the cover! So we'll definitely see her. I'd like Gold/Ethan too. And Silver. <3 What do you think of the idea of adding villains to the game, like Giovanni etc?

Ohh... Now That would interesting considering hes a Former Gym Leader and a Villian now that would totally be Awesome

Back