• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
I wonna make an poke event with onix with his ow sprite and I have some sprites for use but how can I add them to ow editor or must I do something else???

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I wonna make an poke event with onix with his ow sprite and I have some sprites for use but how can I add them to ow editor or must I do something else???

You can either:
A: Make sure all of Onix's colors are the same as one of the pallets, convert the image to BMP, and insert with the import function... OR
B: Just draw Onix into your OW editor.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ummm could some one please tell me a good website 4 rombases such as kyledove etc? it would be realy appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2009
I don't know if this is a god question for here, but here goes.

So I have this Cloud fakemon that is the third evolution. The "cloud" evo line is supposed to replace the pidgey line, so it is fairly common. Anyway, I was thinking of giving the third evolution the ability "drizzle" (the one that makes it rain when you enter the battle) because it fits him (he's a thundercloud). Could this make the game too easy? He's dark/thunder and can learn some water moves, as well as thunder. Thanks in advance, if this is the right section.

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
Years
I don't know if this is a god question for here, but here goes.

So I have this Cloud fakemon that is the third evolution. The "cloud" evo line is supposed to replace the pidgey line, so it is fairly common. Anyway, I was thinking of giving the third evolution the ability "drizzle" (the one that makes it rain when you enter the battle) because it fits him (he's a thundercloud). Could this make the game too easy? He's dark/thunder and can learn some water moves, as well as thunder. Thanks in advance, if this is the right section.

Well... if you believe it is to easy(I have no say in it, it's your game) Then why not make a thunder or water stone evo??? Make people work to evolve them more then just training it. Just a sudgestion though, use it if you wish...

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2009
Well... if you believe it is to easy(I have no say in it, it's your game) Then why not make a thunder or water stone evo??? Make people work to evolve them more then just training it. Just a sudgestion though, use it if you wish...

Ha didn't even think of that :P

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Does anyone know what the number for the title in Pokemon emerald is in Unlz.gba? The one that says Pokemon emerald. Any, and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

JBW

Years
I'm trying to insert some sprites into sapphire using unlz-gba but every time i try it either comes out in one long strip of the pokemon im using, a black strip or it comes out fine except for a strange black mess at the bottom. Any idea why?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
is that possible to add infinite new maps to emerald?
since the power of one has failed because of people that didn't want to help I came up with a new idea that will be based on emerald....

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Ok I have two questions...I have been working hard on these, so I would really appreciate some help.

1. I have been trying to change the multichoice boxes using JPAN's tutorial and hex workshop. I got the first one working fine, but I can't seem to be able to change the second multichoice box. In HEX, I did the same thing with different offsets for 0x3E04C0 (the line under the one where the first multichoice starts). When I compile it, the second multichoice is not changed and the first one is messed up...so where does the second (and 3rd and 4th :P) multichoices start from?

2. I remember seeing some command "findplayerposition" or something....is there a way that I can make a level script change depending on where the player enters the map? Like your rival running up to you if you're on a block, but running up towards you when you're on the adjoining block.

Thanks a lot, these will be really helpful for me :)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
is that possible to add infinite new maps to emerald?
since the power of one has failed because of people that didn't want to help I came up with a new idea that will be based on emerald....

Not an infinite amount since there is a limit to the space in the map bank for new maps.

Ok I have two questions...I have been working hard on these, so I would really appreciate some help.

1. I have been trying to change the multichoice boxes using JPAN's tutorial and hex workshop. I got the first one working fine, but I can't seem to be able to change the second multichoice box. In HEX, I did the same thing with different offsets for 0x3E04C0 (the line under the one where the first multichoice starts). When I compile it, the second multichoice is not changed and the first one is messed up...so where does the second (and 3rd and 4th :P) multichoices start from?

2. I remember seeing some command "findplayerposition" or something....is there a way that I can make a level script change depending on where the player enters the map? Like your rival running up to you if you're on a block, but running up towards you when you're on the adjoining block.

Thanks a lot, these will be really helpful for me :)

1. Waht yu have to do is search the multichoice options in one long hex string. You can't make the multichoice text beigger than the original label.

2. The command getplayerpos is what you're thinking of and yeah you can make a level script like that.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
I've a liittle problem:

I'm trying to change the player's OW in my hack, I've already the sprites and I just imported them to the game with OW Editor, but whenever I try to color them to fit the actual colors, a window pops up saying something about Error 55 and SaveSprite, please help, I need to get this done!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I've a liittle problem:

I'm trying to change the player's OW in my hack, I've already the sprites and I just imported them to the game with OW Editor, but whenever I try to color them to fit the actual colors, a window pops up saying something about Error 55 and SaveSprite, please help, I need to get this done!

Import the sprite and then close OW Editor, Then reopen it and colour in. :P

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
1. Waht yu have to do is search the multichoice options in one long hex string. You can't make the multichoice text beigger than the original label.

2. The command getplayerpos is what you're thinking of and yeah you can make a level script like that.

Thanks for the help, but could you elaborate about the hex? If I want to make the multichoice boxes say cyndaquil, charmander, and torchic would I have to find a box to replace it with more characters than them? Could I put it in an unused offset space? Could I use a 6-choice command and make it 3 choices so I wouldn't overwrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back