• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
HackMew is, in my opinion, the greatest living hacker at the moment. He makes so much for everyone and his programs are the best.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have a question.

In APE, there was one palette I was about to edit. However, when I clicked on replace, a message popped up saying something like, "It's dangerous to mess with this palette" or something like that.

Could you tell me why it's bad to replace certain palettes? I'm trying to change the text colors in the Ruby/Sapphire battle screen to match FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald's.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have a question.

In APE, there was one palette I was about to edit. However, when I clicked on replace, a message popped up saying something like, "It's dangerous to mess with this palette" or something like that.

Could you tell me why it's bad to replace certain palettes? I'm trying to change the text colors in the Ruby/Sapphire battle screen to match FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald's.
Were the codes of some of the colors in pink?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years

Lyzak

wishes he had a Hacking Team
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Hm... As my title implies, I hack like a noob at the moment, so I'm looking for the right programs to help.
Since your a pro, hopefully you can point me to which of your programs do what, or who else has a tool with the function. ^.^
Also, if it's not too impolite, could you post a bit more detail under the descriptions of you tools? I would love it if they were more "noob" friendly, as I don't exactly understand all of it, and the descriptions are sometimes vague (example, I don't know what unLZ is/was).

Programs I need:
Change the world map. That means fly locations, links to towns/routes/others, and MAYBE pokedex info, too.
Scripter tool (I know you have one, but is it compatible with the AdvanceMap tool?)
Starter Changer (again, I know you have one. I'll have to check it out)
Perhaps a tileset editor/adder. I custom-design tiles for Pokemon Harmony at the moment, and possibly for my own hack once it gets under way.

Thanks a bundle!
Lyzák

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Hm... As my title implies, I hack like a noob at the moment, so I'm looking for the right programs to help.
Since your a pro, hopefully you can point me to which of your programs do what, or who else has a tool with the function. ^.^
Also, if it's not too impolite, could you post a bit more detail under the descriptions of you tools? I would love it if they were more "noob" friendly, as I don't exactly understand all of it, and the descriptions are sometimes vague (example, I don't know what unLZ is/was).

Programs I need:
Change the world map. That means fly locations, links to towns/routes/others, and MAYBE pokedex info, too.
Scripter tool (I know you have one, but is it compatible with the AdvanceMap tool?)
Starter Changer (again, I know you have one. I'll have to check it out)
Perhaps a tileset editor/adder. I custom-design tiles for Pokemon Harmony at the moment, and possibly for my own hack once it gets under way.

Thanks a bundle!
Lyzák
1.Use UNLZ gba and a tutorial.
2.Yes
3.Ok...
4.Advance Map.

Ketchumall

Soul Trainer
Years
hmmm which one

New here but trying to dive right in, do not worry about me getting confused (too much :P) I'll figure it out but mostly I just wanna know, should I download all of them? Or are there specific ones I do not NEED or should I just get em all and mess around?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I reccomend downloading all of them, except maybe rom header editor, and the save file converter (unless you have a specific use for it of course).
I also would advise "playing around" as in my opinion, that is the best way to learn this stuff. (I learned that the hard way)

Ketchumall

Soul Trainer
Years
I reccomend downloading all of them, except maybe rom header editor, and the save file converter (unless you have a specific use for it of course).
I also would advise "playing around" as in my opinion, that is the best way to learn this stuff. (I learned that the hard way)

thanks for the advice. I had already decided to download them all than came to the end to see new posts. . . xD guess I dont need those two than, still gonna keep em in sep folders in case but :P. Now I get to mess around with them!

Lyzak

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
At risk of sounding totally un-hack-savvy, what IS unLZ? I feel like the description is less than vague.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
As i said to the guy above, i reccomend playing around.
Unlz.gba is basically a tilemolester for compressed data: a miracle from the gods IMO.
It actually separates the files for you too, which is very nice.

Last edited:

Lyzak

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Hm... I don't see much to play around with. I opened my ROM on it and I ended up with a bunch of distorted squares, and I have no idea what they are used for... "Tilemolester" doesn't really tell me anything, either. Would you mind elaborating?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
tilemolester is basically a thingy to edit un-compressed graphics in the gba, which is very dynamic, and useable.
unlz- tilemolester without the dynamics (it figures it out for you) or a scrollbar (replaced with the previous and next buttons)
really, it doesn't take a genius to figure unlz.gba out ... ._.?
Just incase...
1) Open ROM
2) Find the pic to edit (next/prev buttons...)
3) Export
4) Edit the exported image
5) Import the edited image
6) Write to ROM (on the same pic you exported)
7) If everything worked fine, your done. Otherwise...
8) Open FSF(or full metal freespace, either way) and search for the space it told you was needed
9) Write to ROM again. only this time, paste the offset from FSF (or full metal freespace, either way) into the image offset textbox, and check the "automatically re-point" option.
10) ~UR DONE!~ and the pic has been edited

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
HackMew, do you think you could include an A-Trainer feature that will allow you to export all the trainer data in one file and then import it?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have a suggetsion for A-Map and maybe some others. Could you make one that runs on a DS, so you put it on an R4 or something and can use it on your DS. Full touch screen control :D
First off, A-Map hasn't been made by HackMew but LU-HO.
Second, that would be very difficult to do
Third, it would be pointless,
Fourth, it would be clumsy.

Back