• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

ZH11000

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
When i first got ruby i chose Treecko because someone said that that one was the best -.- for leaf green i chose balbasaur.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The first time I ever played I choose Torchic (That was on Pokemon Sapphire)

Then on Pokemon Ruby I choose Treecko...

Then finally when I migrated most of my pokemon ruby pokemon I restarted with Mudkip.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
Years
For emerald, I took Treeko. I usually start off a generation by taking the grass starter. As for FRLG, the first time I played I used Squirtle

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I went with Mudkip the first time around, though in almost all subsequent playthroughs I've gone with Treecko - that guy is just badass as hell.

And Charmander - for the same reason as Treecko.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pretty sure... I picked Charmander and Torchic because I love Fire types~

Years
Torchic and Charmander. Honestly I didn't really like any of the 3rd gen starters, but I just chose Torchic because I was excited that it was a chick Pokemon.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Torchic and Charmander. My fire typed starters have never failed me. :]

Ace Trainer Jessie

call me ATJessie
Years
For RSE I always picked Mudkip (even after having some problems with him). I've used all three but I find Swampert's typing and immunity to Electricity epic.

Really all three Hoenn starters are tied here, I really like them all :/

When is comes to FRLG, I always pick Charmander.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Charmander in Firered (FR was the first one I bought). I normally choose the Fire type Starter, but I chose Mudkip in Ruby. I just leiked mudkipz, I suppose.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Squirtle and Torchic. They both evolve into my favourites from their generations.

Back