• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Did you create your account for ROM Hacking?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2022
I created my account to advertise a mmo project on here, and am currently working towards 15 posts so I can get to start the thread.

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
i created an account here to get help for the hack that i will be working on.

Majarath

ROM-hacker
Years
At first I did, yes. Many people do :) The PC ROM-hacking section is famous all over the world, after all.

Even so, I still visit this section often, but now I'm here mostly because of the game development section.

Years
Well apparently I made my account back in 2009 but I can't ever remember making it! Either way I returned to the site purely to showcase my first hack, which I will post about soon!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Well the sole reason i made my pc account was to download pokemon shiny gold :D

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I found this forum because of ROM hacking, but I created an account because it seemed like it had a decent community.

lord_hardware

Lord Hardware
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
Back in 2005 I was doing a Pokemon Blue hack, and as it progressed I realised I needed help on it. In 2007 I got on here because Coolboyman said he'd be updating here more regularly than his website (and I was so excited about the follow up to Pokemon Brown)

Years
Since I have absolutely zero ROM Hacking experience, I did not join PC for that purpose.

I browse other sections, but not here.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I joined to just play the ROM hacks.But lately i have been active in the Other Trivia section.Although i am considering learning a thing or two about ROM hacking...eventually.

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2020
My original intent was to join and learn about hacking Pokemon games, because it seemed cool to do. That was three years ago, and I still hardly did anything at all. I'm still thinking about making a hack... but I just get overwhelmed with all the things that I have to do before I can ever start... :/

Years
Yeah, pretty much. I was originally looking though a few threads and found some cool programs, but I couldn't download them without an account. So I thought ''Why not? It's free'' and from then on I got the tools I needed and started partly hacking ROMs.

Until recently, I actually started a project that I want to finish.

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Started making a hack a year ago, gave up, and then came back. Found this website and registered for tips and tricks on scripting and other stuff.

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
The only reason I first joined PC was so I can download ShinyGold. And I did download ShinyGold, then I never logged on for several months, and then I logged on again...and slowly got into ROM hacking, and somehow got to where I am today.

Hah, that's why I joined this site too. Then I left...
I believe my previous account here was removed so I created a new one.

RaPiDA$}{

C}{@RIZ@R|)
Years
I created my account purely for rom hacking as even i wanted to make a kind of my own pokemon game...........

I created my account as i want to learn how to hack rom

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
I created my account to hack ROMs, sure. I've still got a long way to go. I'm starting on the storyline, then seeing what I can do myself. I have done a little sprite editing before, messed a little with the pokemon editing tools, but I'm a novice in just about everything. :/

Back