• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Can I patch this over a game that I have been working over for like almost a year already? Like it won't cause glitches, right?
A patch only fixes part of the code relevant to any changes on a ROM, so it's singled out from anything else. You're only patching a piece of that data to your ROM, a patch is not an entire ROM.

Also, glitches can occur only if the patcher patches a ROM that has more changes than what they want the patch to be, which can cause problems if the other changes transfer to the patch.

But really, I doubt a professional patch is going to be an issue, not one with high use, praise, and feedback.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Why every script I add to game is freezing the game?
This is really frustrating when I talk to normal trainer and the game freezes!!!
Please help!!!
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Type: Every Script
Editor: Notepad, Poket Script, Advance Map
Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Did you change the byte at "Trainer: $00" to "$01" in AdvanceMap at the NPC?

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
after browsing through a bunch of unneeded tutorials i found a better solution a lot of the script is different but it still doesnt work for instance if i have 10 ultra balls it askes me if i want a masterball if i say yes it gives me one and removes 10 if i have 10 or more in my inventory if i choose no its the same thing and even if i dont have 10 it still gives the same response
Spoiler:

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Here's your fixed stuff dude

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Here's your fixed stuff dude

Spoiler:

Why the preparemsg and the callstd aint nobody got time for that its kind of useless in my eyes

Callstd is just 0x(5) (6) prepare message is just message...

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
as i said earlier its what i found on a tutorial somewhere and i already have offsets there is no reason to make new ones and i also wanted the script to say something else if you choose yes of course i guess i could do that myself

Edit " i used a slightly modified "fixed Stuff" and it looks liek this
Spoiler:

now every time i talk to the guy 10 ultra balls or not he tells me that i have 10 or he will tell me i dont have ten when i do its random wtf?

also i tried a new script with sprite number 4 who is it ive never seen it before in the games hes a really big guy almost the size of the legendary pokemon sprites its wierd after interacting with it and going to a menu it makes me take control of him instead of my character!? and wont let me leave an area

Last edited:

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
as i said earlier its what i found on a tutorial somewhere and i already have offsets there is no reason to make new ones and i also wanted the script to say something else if you choose yes of course i guess i could do that myself

Spoiler:

Then use this

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Hello again :]

Is it possible, in FR, to create a double Wild Pokemon battle, and/or a double Wild Pokemon + Trainer battle?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hello again :]

Is it possible, in FR, to create a double Wild Pokemon battle, and/or a double Wild Pokemon + Trainer battle?

Yes, but you have to be an ASM genius to do so.

EDIT: This doesn't belong in this thread. You would have to go to the Simple Question and Answers thread.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015

Although a few people have mentioned this is the wrong thread, I feel bad not to thank people for replies. Ive been looking into ASM for about 7 hours straight, after school, and daaaaaamn... I hope, at some point, I will be able to contribute and bring that thread back to the spotlight.. We'll see how far I can take this assembly stuff :P

Thanks a bunch for your reply :) And sorry for making this small off-topic scene :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back