• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just curious...

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I know that Gary leaves to study Pok?mon instead of training at the end of the Johto episodes, but does it show him anymore on the new AG series? He was my favorite character, so I'm just curious! I hope he's not gone for good... :( (This is only if you've heard anything.. It'd be nice to know!)

Years
i don't think so... There is no official info that Gary goes to Hoenn. Serebii claims in his episode guides that he goes off into the mountains to research. And that's the last we heard of Shigeru. I feel the same thing he's one of my favorite characters too... ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Nooo!

Oh no, really?! Maybe if he goes to help his grandfather study too, then it'll still show him. ^_^ Hopefully!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Maybe he'll appear in later Hoenn episodes out there just studying the wild pok?mon out there...

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Gary

Yes, I'm sure! I mean, he was Ash's rival so he's got to be considered a main character. What I think he'll do is just travel around studying Pok?mon (Because when he leaves he says he's just going to 'take a rest') with his Blastoise. (Because I heard that he leaves all of his others at Professor Oak's lab) Maybe after a while he'll get back into Training and hopefully start in the Hoenn region. ;) *shrugs* But I don't know for sure!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Nooo!

Hazuki-san said:
His stupid voice actor quit the show, thats why he hasn't appeared anymore.

I miss Gary :(
He quit?! :shocked: Well no wonder it hasn't showed him much anymore... Geez, that stinks. He was my favorite character... I hope this won't effect all of his future appearances. :( (Are you talking about the Japanese voice actor or English?)

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Japanese voic actor, but since the eps are made in japan he will not be in another episode

bkitt4

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 6, 2003
hey anyone still here?and sabilii i know for a fact ur here

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Ohhh...

Serebii said:
Japanese voic actor, but since the eps are made in japan he will not be in another episode
Ohh... I hope maybe one day they could find another one for him. :/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
how hard can it be to find another Japanese voice actor?

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
The japanese, unlike the US, prefer not to have different voice actors for the same character

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Ohh....

I might could get used to understanding that, but still... there has to be someone in Japan that sounds enough like Gary to be a decent voice actor for the show. Not having him anymore ruins some parts of it for any Gary/Shigeru fans! :(

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
THATS STUPID!!! just cause the voice actor quit the show dont mean that they cant get a guy tat at least sounds like Gary!

(iv got a new saying)
CHINKABINKA!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Lol

Lol, CHINKABINKA?! :paranoid: What's that mean?

And I agree! They shouldn't cut him out of the show completely just because the stinkin' guy doesn't want to play his voice anymore! He's an important part of the Pok?mon storyline! O_O Ash's rival! *runs to send thousands of crazy complaint e-mails to Nintendo and Gamefreak.. and other companies*

Back