• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was the hardest Gym Leader in B/W?

Hardest Gym Leader in B/W?

• Total voters

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Iris. Her and her Haxorus gave me quite a bit of trouble. Dragon Dances and Dragon Claws were deadly. I didn't have an Ice-type on my team (because I didn't want an Ice-type) nor Ice-type moves. Had to attempt the gym a few times before i finally defeated her. D:

Lenora wasn't too hard. Her pokemon hits strong, but my Lillipup hit stronger. (Y)

Elesa wasn't much of a difficulty too, just a little annoying with stupid Volt Switch. I didn't get a ground-type (because I didn't want to).

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I would say Elesa was the hardest because I started off with Oshawott. Her Emolga outsped all of my Pokèmon's.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
I hated Elesa's Emolga's Volt Switch. The others I can beat, one or two I need a rematch but Elesa took 15 times, my last go through.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
For me it was Lenora and her Herdier, even with my Pignite that thing was hell incarnate.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
None of them were too hard to beat which was a disappointment but the most trouble i had was with Brycen because i didn't have too many type advantages against him.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I actually found Chili the hardest, because I had only my starter. That was entirely my own fault, but I don't use Pokemon I have no intention of using later, and I didn't get a second Pokemon in Black for quite a while. I had to level up my Snivy quite a bit before I could beat the Gym, which only added to my ire at the game at the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lenora. Simply because I had to go and catch a Timburr in order to quickly defeat her. At least the first playthrough of my White. Second time was easier since I actually bothered to evolve my Tepig before dropping it for Darumaka. Other than that I didn't really have a problem with any of the gym leaders. Little disappointing but eh, it happens.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
But... are there any hard gym leaders in BW? They're all easy to beat, in fact, this is one of the reasons that makes BW so easy. Yes, you may find a little trouble fighting one of them, but I'm sure they're not like Whitney's Miltank, for example.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
I had trouble with Clay, simply because the only fire type I used in B/W was Litwick, which you catch afterwards. I usually have to evolve my Dewott before taking him on, or taking a hit to use revenge.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hmm I would say Elesa. I think I caught a Sandile but I didn't have a lot of patience to train it. Darn Volt Switches and Static. Only in BW2 did I catch a Drilbur.
Oh, nothing compares to Whitney's Miltank. >:o

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Clay was a ****ing nightmare for my team in B2 but since this is BW instead I'll have to say Iris since she was the first gym leader in a long time that's made me actually switch out members of my team just so I could beat her when I got to her.

Back