• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Speaking of shadow Pokémon, maybe they'll make their return in X & Y? I have my doubts, but I remember reading somewhere that the bond with you and your Pokémon will play a bigger role in these games.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh my God... Maybe the Shadow Pokemon do tie in with genetics, like Derk said! That would be a fantastic way to bring the concept of Shadow Pokemon back. Now I'm kind of excited to know what the plot of the game is. Thanks a lot, Derk. ;_;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, pokemon games nowadays seems to go towards the whole, 'controlled by man-made technology' plots; like what Ghetsis did with Kyruem~ So yeah, I'd like a Shadow Pokemon-like plot! I wonder how they'll do it though; the last guy who did it, Greevil, said that the whole 'Shadow Pokemon' plan was a mistake, and so he put an end to the whole Shadow pokemon fiasco, possibly forever.

Then again, perhaps someone might of taken up that 'forbidden' research and alter it to be more 'perfect', like... XD001?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Very true, Shawn, but remember what Ardos says at the end of XD: Gale of Darkness? And I quote from Bulbapedia:
He explains to Michael that he fully intends to revive Cipher, and after that, he will declare Michael as Cipher's biggest enemy and having Cipher constantly watch him.
Hmm.

blue

gucci
Years
On that note, I've said this before but one of the buildings in the trailer has the hideout look which does look vaguely familiar to the one found in XD Gale of Darknes...

2extzm0.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Speaking of shadow Pokémon, maybe they'll make their return in X & Y? I have my doubts, but I remember reading somewhere that the bond with you and your Pokémon will play a bigger role in these games.

I want shadow mons. I know it's unlikely but Colloseum was a LOT of fun, specifically for that reason and if something along those lines could happen again, I would be so excited. Plus they could even be past mons that we couldn't otherwise get! Like in Colloseum!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can someone explain shadow Pokemon to a Colosseum/XD nub?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They were Pokemon that had evil hearts and you had to overcome their heart meter and reach max... max... hyper...something! It was very fun, and they got purified in Celebi's forest. Daym I want that so bad in these games lmao.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg it's too soon for Bulbapedia to start putting speculation like that on their pages. Come on now.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
I find it highly unlikely that shadow Pokémon will be present, but that'd be so cool. I think the evil team needs to be more bosslike. Let me explain. The bosses in Pokémon right now really only have level advantages. Therefore, beating bosses isn't necessarily a strategy as much is it is trainin. I was thinking that maybe the evil team could have genetically altered Pokémon (like shadow Pokémon) to make them truly bosses. Truly different. So like, maybe you can't catch shadow Pokémon this time around or something. IDK, if there are shadow Pokémon I want to catch them. But the evil team needs to have something you do not.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Having Pokemon with skills you can't access would be cool, it's kind of common in other games. Kind of like special abilities where when a Fire-type is half killed he gets fired up and gains the Flame Body ability in addition to what he has. Idk.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they do Shadow Pokemon perhaps the ??? in Corocoro was intentional not to hide the typing but it was telling us they are shadow pokemon...(sure the classification was also missing...)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I know, but I thought somebody said that coro coro didn't show us the legendary types because maybe they were shadow.

I could certainly see them being shadow tbh. Maybe their real typings are in fact PURE FLYING and pure steel and were just ~corrupted~.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back