• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (Hex)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Hey pichu2000,

By any chance do you have a list (or partial list) of map "warp" IDs for Pokémon Platinum in addition to the ones you posted? It would be very useful to me, as I am programming a code library for Pokémon DS save file hacking (which incidentally will be open source).

Thanks for reading, and thanks for posting the Diamond / Pearl IDs! I looked all over for those.

Sure!
Here's Warp List for Platinum
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2009
Nice work :P But i doubt that i'll ever try to understand Hex..... its sooo annoying...

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
O.K. I'm hacking Platinum and I was wondering if there is away to make the maps and tiles not look like a pile of random colors everywhere.

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
I give up, mines in Japanese.
This stuff is way to complicated for me.

is there a program where you can see the place your editing and click in the different sprites?

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I'm really glad somepeople out there are still trying to take apart the nds rom images. Waiting for a tool cuz I'm still a noob. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
Ok I have recently become more active in the 4th Gen Area and i am making a 4th Gen Tool Box,
My theoretical map editor "Diamond Map" has not even began programming because of a lack of data etc. knowlage etc.
So I am doing Diamond Script Editor In the mean time.
Check in the Toolbox or here for updates,
;)

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
A diamond map? Sounds good. I found this in teh toolbox. It actually works!

I think the tool could be converted in a map editor but I think that might be way too hard. Good luck with DS map or whatever your calling it ;-)

EDIT: Is there anything about how do swap textures? I'm trying to replace twinleaf town with littleroot town. I just need to know how to use this to edit teh tiles. And how did you move the flowers?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I rewrite all the tutorial, cleaning up some obsolete information and other stuff.
Good hacking!

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
one thing I want to do is to change the text entry for my translation (to protuguese) so I can add characters that don't have on other version ( I checked spanish and french, there are some useful, others not needed but lack of all), do you know how I can to it ?
also I thought about using Japanese entry as base since it have 4 "sheets"( Hirgana, katakana, ABC+abc, symbol) while westerns have only 3 ( ABC, abc. Symbols) .
But not totally necessary since I can fit all the accentuated characters on the free spaces of western ones ... anyway someone know how I coud do it? I'm very noob with hex btw :x

Back