• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

im a gron man n u ent taking 'nyvdat fom me

Years
My friends have a tendency to come to me for advice on pretty much anything from work to relationships to medical stuff (despite me having no idea on the last one). I don't know why really, I tend to assume I'm just good at that sort of thing. So if you define being an adult as having others upon you then yes.

As for doing things on my own, I'm sort of 50/50. I handle a lot of things on my own but I often do need to have help from others or at least get their opinions.

Also, nearly an adult legally... woo!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I am an Adult now with a little girl called Hanna so I can handle things mostly on my own. but like anyone sometimes I need help with stuff.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
People do somewhat rely on me in some ways. It's odd to realize how much people trust you.

Though I was given help from two friends on PC to get out of a problem a couple of months back, I generally handle things on my own. I don't like people knowing about my problems, specifically if it's offline.

Years
I'm an adult. But I'm not very mature at times. :p

I can handle pretty much anything on my own now. If people want to come to me for anything, they can and I'd probably do well at it. Just don't feel like the most mature adult out there, is all.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
In most respects I am, but my choices in entertainment are usually childish and I get excited over childish things. I hated my childhood so I'm treating myself to what I missed out on now that I'm grown.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
I had ice cream for breakfast because I am an ADULT.

But seriously, I think when asked and not talking about age, most people will believe themselves to be an adult. Myself included.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I can handle things on my own, partially. I still rely on shelter by living with my parents, but I can provide my own money by working.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm technically an adult legally, considering I'm almost 21, but I'm far from fully being an adult like person. There's many thing I don't need help with and relay on my own, but I still need help with many responsibilities. But I also live with my dad still and have no job so he still supports me. So I guess 50/50 on this one.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Well I'm a legal adult in a few days which is both exciting and scary. In terms of looking after myself, I live with my parents though I would like to move out in the next couple of years depending on how I am financially, mostly to be closer to uni.

I have two part-time jobs and people do rely on me both in those jobs (my students rely on me to mark essays and prepare lessons for my tutoring job, and I'm also a marketing and communications guy for a large company so people rely on me to make posters or videos, be innovative, take initiative, etc) and also outside of them in terms of family commitments and giving advice to my friends.

That said I'm not entirely independent yet (I can't cook very well...yet) and I do still like to just have fun (not saying adults can't have fun though).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Legally I am an adult and well into my 20's but Im not completely self dependent and dont know how to do everything. I would like to live independently but I dont have the means to right now.

Honest

Hi!
Years
No, I'll admit that. But I believe I can act like one when need be. Other people around me, particularly my parents, don't think I've grown up yet. My mother and I got into a big argument about what I'm going to do after prom, and she doesn't think I'll handle myself/doesn't trust me. It's really annoying.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Although not in legal terms, I'd say so. I'm one of the more capable and reliable people that I know. If I say that I am going to do something, then you can bet your sweet ass I'm gonna do it. What is a man but his word? If we fail to follow through, then it reflects poorly upon us, and rightfully so. The kind of mindset described requires one to mame responsible decisions. And to be honest, I can't say I'm the best at that, but I'm definitely alt better than most of the people I know. I do all most of my homework, and maintain AB grades. But you know, I'm just kid... I have no experience in paying bills, filing taxes, etc. So I can't say for sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I can handle things on my own. People rely on me, but they like to pretend they don't.

Back