• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Winstrate Family

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Spr_RS_Expert_F.png
Spr_3r_307.png

Located on Hoenn's Route 111 is the Winstrate family's house. When you arrive at the building, you are first challenged by the father, followed by the mother, then the daughter, and finally the grandmother. You must defeat them one after another, with no breaks. The son, Vito, can also be found in Victory Road with much stronger Pokémon. So what did you think about the Winstrate family? Did you ever find them challenging? Would you like to see more little challenge like this in the future? Do you think Vito should have retured to his family? Would've you liked to have a rematch?

Discuss!

Spr_3r_281.png

"Ding dong"
"Why'd you do that?"
"Do what?"

Years
I think that in Ruby and Sapphire remakes (I'm not saying they're going to happen. Don't crucify me) that the son (what was his name?) should be at the house after you beat the Elite Four/ Champion and you should be able to battle him.
And no, I never really did find them hard but always loved battling them for some reason ^.^

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
The only reason I ever really fought the Winstrate family was to train when I had a bad set of Pokemon to take on the electric gym in Mauville City. I never really found them too challenging, except in one playthrough I did where they just were unbeatable for some reason...

As for Vito... Bwahahahahahaha! "Our son is much stronger then you will ever hope to be!" I then proceeded to find him in Victory Road and one hit KO all his Pokemon with a Zangoose. Thank you Winstrate family, for being great comedic relief!

Off-topic: @Clemstar: Ruby and Sapphire remakes might not happen, but I most certainly hope they do!

Years
I only battled them to train against Wattson. They were never too challenging except sometimes that Mother's Pokemon was a bit frustrating. I also would like that idea of Vito returning to his family so that he could be re-battled.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I'd quite like to see a re-match once Vito's returned home - so 5 consecutive battles. But that would also suggest he failed...I think only bad-guys fail outside of battling the player in pokémon.

Years
"Our son is much stronger then you will ever hope to be!" I then proceeded to find him in Victory Road and one hit KO all his Pokemon with a Zangoose. Thank you Winstrate family, for being great comedic relief!

Hahah I thought this exact thing when i battled him. My Machamp and Aggron shredded him.

I kinda wished he would be at the house after I beat the E4 so we could have a more challenging rematch. Maybe he will be in a (POSSIBLE) re-make.

PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE Nintendo! Please give us re-makes...

Reinforce

Reinforce Production
Years
Nahhh They are not that strong after all and not challenging neither.. Because of Wattson I have to battle them for lvl experience xD

But I want a rematch with 4 of them + their son Vito

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I was disapointed on how weak they were as I was expecting a challage when I was battling the before challaging Wattson's gym. Even their son was pretty weak and he was said to be the best trainer in their family.

Years
I liked the concept to battle them all one after another, but it wasn't much of a challenge. I think it would've been a great idea if you could have re-matched them. If they could do something like this in the future, that'd be pretty cool.

Years
I find it funny how it's "fair" to have four battles in a row, a family against one kid. I know it's for gameplay purposes, but even so... Like in Pokemon Emerald, where two trainers can battle you at the same time in a Double Battle (I know that each of them don't have more than 3 pokemons and they don't use items in the same turn, but still... x_x)

Anyway, back to topic, I always battle them to level up for Mauville's gym, as some people said. That Medicham, as 99% of the others Medicham of the game, can't do much other than using Detect before being crushed by a powerful move xP

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Like everyone, I battled the Winstrates for the XP, but I can't really remember what happened. I never reached Victory Road in that run, so I had no idea that the son who supposedly went on to challenge the League is actually in the game, that's nice. Why who'd he return home, though? If he would, then I think a rematch would be nice, with everyone having tougher Pokemon.

Also, there's another family similar to them in BW, the Riches family. They're a family of 6 living in a villa in Undella Town; you get the battle the son on the first day, then the son and the daughter on the 2nd day, then son, daughter and grandmother on the 3rd day, and so on, until you battle all 6 of them on the 6th day. They're teams were pretty strong, especially for the last 3 members, but it was to be expected, since this was post-game already.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I battled them for the fun it unlike most people. Well also for training but you know, I thought they were funny too. :3 I liked the idea of the Winstrates even if they weren't much of a challenge.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
These guys were one of the few things I really loved about RSE. It would be nice to see a few more things like this implemented in future generations. The one thing I didn't like about them though, was the fact the item that you got after beating them was fairly useless :(

Years
It's not useless. Macho Brace makes your EV grow quicker.

As for the winstrates, they're only good for EXP, otherwise they're as forgettable as Maractus. Vito is nothing special, either.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nice people, them. Pumelling a poor Geodude who went to solo-train.
But I liked them all, and I never knew Vito was there in the Victory Road. I'll play through Sapphire again and see them off. It was some of the things I liked about RSE, along with the Soda Pop challenge.

JaszLikesNutella

JaszLikesNutella
Years
I honestly thought they were a breeze, good EXP! (:
I wish i had unlimited battles so i could challenge them more for leveling.

Back